PDA

View Full Version : System Link

canadianboi3
08-30-2002, 06:35 PM
Some questions about system link...please only answer if you have it.

1) When you play using XBCONNECT do you play on your computer monitor or hook it up to your tv??

2) Can you use a hub...I know a hub won't work for XBOX LIVE because it needs it's own IP.

3) Can you use your internet on your computer and XBCONNECT at the same time??

Please tell me if so and your overall thoughts of XBCONNECT or I've heard of gamespy I dont know what it is but are they good. Please state if theres lots of lag...or nearly no lag or in between...Thank you

Professor Kaos
08-30-2002, 06:37 PM
u would proly get more help if u post this in the xbconnect help forum.

canadianboi3
08-30-2002, 06:40 PM
Thanks Playya

Xracer
08-30-2002, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by canadianboi3
Some questions about system link...please only answer if you have it.

1) When you play using XBCONNECT do you play on your computer monitor or hook it up to your tv?? --- nope it plays through your tv.

2) Can you use a hub...I know a hub won't work for XBOX LIVE because it needs it's own IP. ---- yes

3) Can you use your internet on your computer and XBCONNECT at the same time??--- yes

Please tell me if so and your overall thoughts of XBCONNECT or I've heard of gamespy I dont know what it is but are they good. Please state if theres lots of lag...or nearly no lag or in between...?--- XBconnect has better lag but less users on. Gamespy probadly has 500 to 700 people at a time

canadianboi3
08-30-2002, 06:49 PM
My friend has Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 on PS2 and when we play online...there's always losers that come online and cheat with for example perfect balance and perfect manuls and always win...this can get very annoying...has this happened to you on any XBCONNECT/Gamespy experiences...not necesarilly (sorry about the spelling, brain goes mush during summer vacation) on that game but on any games.

Xracer
08-30-2002, 07:01 PM
not with Halo there are no cheats

canadianboi3
08-31-2002, 10:53 AM
I wanna get a new game that will be playable online...should it be Halo?? I know everyone will flame me because "i have xbox and not Halo, do you even have XBOX??" but is halo any good online?? thanks

Snoopy7548
08-31-2002, 10:57 AM
you have xbox and no halo? lol, j/k. yea, halo is really fun online. the single player is also awesome. its a must buy game

canadianboi3
08-31-2002, 11:01 AM
Halo will be my next game...so you will see me online soon.