PDA

View Full Version : NHL 2K3... It's coming... I can taste it

nemesYs
08-30-2002, 07:47 PM
Thats right the season is almost upon us and I can't wait.. and what better way to get in the action then get this game as soon as it comes out!!

http://www.sega.com/segasports/images/games/nhl2k3/ss_nhl2k3_ps2_5_lg.jpg
http://www.sega.com/segasports/images/games/nhl2k3/ss_nhl2k3_ps2_1_lg.jpg
http://www.sega.com/segasports/images/games/nhl2k3/ss_nhl2k3_ps2_08_lg.jpg
http://www.sega.com/segasports/images/games/nhl2k3/ss_nhl2k3_ps2_11_lg.jpg

NHL 2k3 is just around the corner and I can't wait.. unfortunately.. I don't know if I will be buying it because I have NHL 2002!! ARG.. lol.. well anyways.. I found some great news.. I already thought this was true but I now know that it is official.. 2K3 will be online!!! WOOOO... If there are any canucks that read this and I know there will be because there are many Canadians in these forums... that my friends is some very good news!! For the first time ever I'll actually get to play a hockey game over the net... I can't freaking wait!!! By the way here is some info on the game in case you're curious.

ESPN Broadcast Presentation -- Replays, scores, music, and more are displayed in the famous ESPN style.

All New Franchise Mode -- Create a team and develop it into a dynasty. Play the roles of general manager, coach, scout, player, and more.

Detailed Player Attributes -- Each player is rated in over 50 different categories, resulting in unique players that perform like their real-world counterparts.

Complete Lines Control -- Set and customize lines based upon your own strategy and maintain full control over how and when you cycle them.

Improved Play Execution -- Teammates work together to set up plays and execute strategy. Defense-minded teams may trap the zones, while faster teams tend to play a more wide-open style.
Revamped Special Teams -- Tougher power play units will make you think twice about committing frivolous penalties.

Dynamic Graphics and Lighting -- Next-generation technology meticulously displays details such as glass reflections, ice texture, uniform fabric, and decals.

Play-by-play with convincing situational analysis and awareness, improved telestrator, and more varied game commentary.

Over 30 Arenas -- All 30 NHL arenas are represented in the game with extras such as a Legends arena and an International ice rink.

Advanced Physics Engine -- Puck movement is more consistent, making passes, shots and saves more predictable and realistic.

lllSmokelll
08-30-2002, 07:52 PM
NHL2003 is gonna be better!!!...but no online play... :(

nemesYs
08-30-2002, 07:54 PM
Haha.. thats why its not going to be better... If it did have online play then I would buy that game instead mainly because I've had many EA Hockey games and they have all been good.. But not having online just makes NHL2003 ... not one game that I would like to own.

VenoM
08-30-2002, 08:09 PM
damn i cant wait for a online hockey game :eek: its gonna be freaking great.......just wish nhl 2003 was the one getting online play but screw it...ea wants to screw xbox owners then screw ea....nhl 2k3 will be the one i will buy...why???....cause of online play......cant wait ...and i will ownzzzzz jooo allll with the rangers!! :D

meda1ni
08-30-2002, 08:22 PM
I am defintely gettin this game...online come on you gotta.......:)

nemesYs
08-30-2002, 08:25 PM
I find some to the features in the game pretty good too.. and interesting like being coach, general manager and SCOUT.. lol.. that is just great...

By the way.... Rangers have nothing against the almight Maple Leafs.

KviK
08-30-2002, 08:50 PM
Meh, I am getting nhl 2003 from ea.

Mercury
08-30-2002, 10:33 PM
This game will be incredible! I can't wait to kick all your asses with the TB Lightning! :rolleyes:

Having over 50 unique trates sounds awesome! This game will destroy EA's hockey game to pieces!

huskerman44
08-30-2002, 10:36 PM
So what does it taste like? http://www.alliedassault.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/icon_ngup.gif

Jarvis
08-30-2002, 10:40 PM
Fck EAports.

-jarvis

benz_300sl
08-30-2002, 10:47 PM
NHL 2003 is gonna be SO MUCH BETTER

i've got eh PC Demo, and it's unbelievable, it's gonna be so good

benz_300sl
08-30-2002, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Jarvis
Fck EAports.

-jarvis Fck YOU ;)

huskerman44
08-30-2002, 10:50 PM
Fck Flamers http://www.alliedassault.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/icon_throwingsmiley.gif

nemesYs
08-31-2002, 11:23 AM
If the EA game is gonig to be better.. go find some features of the game and prove it.. therefore we can all compare the game.. I myself am still sticking with 2k3 because of Live.

kornavs19
08-31-2002, 11:30 AM
I have NHL 2002..... I thought it was a pretty good game.... I like the realism... The only thing was the announcing....It was funny to an extent...Then it just got annoying...This should be cool having ESPN doing the commentry...I can't wait to c this game..I geuss since some of u are saying 2k3 and some are saying 2003...Im goanna either rent both and c what one i like better, or go by trailers and stuff.....:) For some reason i think 2k3 will be better.....

redrum237
08-31-2002, 01:31 PM
I have 2002 and while it was a good game it had alot of bugs and glitches, and the fighting was horrible. Though i've never played a 2k hockey game I am hoping they will be good, with good fights, there hasn't been a hockey game with good fights for a while. (not counting hitz, cause its not real hockey)

Pipetender
08-31-2002, 04:09 PM
Has there been any online leagues that have started for 2k3? If so I got the Stars.

Professor Kaos
08-31-2002, 04:13 PM
it doesnt matter what hockey game u buy, im gettin 2k3 but ill waste all of u with my superior ability with the colorado avalanche!
i also think a league would b good, i call the avs.

nemesYs
08-31-2002, 04:14 PM
LOL.. the game hasn't come out yet and there isn't a set date for it to be released yet... all it says is fall 2002...

But if there is a league to start later on down the line.. the leafs are mine.. guarunteed... or at least i hope. :)

Professor Kaos
08-31-2002, 04:17 PM
y dont we start a league, and then by time the game comes out we'll b organized and ready to go.

redrum237
08-31-2002, 05:04 PM
OK then, start a league.

I got Detroit!!!!:)

Ulchie
08-31-2002, 05:25 PM
lol I got the flames!! lol
nah I wont buy the game
if only they added some innovative features to sports games to make them have a lot more replay value then they currently have
I get a new sports game every five years cause thats how often they change it enough to warrant a new purchase

Salo_Fan
08-31-2002, 05:56 PM
Anyone with half a brain knows that NHL 2k3 will be superior to EA 2003. EA is not realistic. NHL 2k3 is a true simulation.

EA 2002 is just a step away form being NHL HITZ.

mrmp3
08-31-2002, 06:52 PM
I thought NHL 2002 was just plain awful. I had it for the PS2 and the graphics weren't great, fighting sucked, and all those backflip hits that were in NHL 2001 got taken out. I thought the EA series dominated back in the Genesis days, but now it's just not that good. I personally thought NHL Hitz was an awesome game. Plenty of unlockables, best fight system yet, amazing hits, and detailed audiences and graphics. However, I think NHL2k3 will be a serious contender (or maybe even claim the throne) for best 2002 hockey game. BTW, if there is an online league, I call the Rangers! Signing off...

kornavs19
08-31-2002, 08:08 PM
I am the best with the avs...... I would call them for this league but idk if im goanna play...Idk if my parents are goanna wanna pay for XBL..... I would beat you all if I was able to play...I rule at hockey games....:)

nemesYs
08-31-2002, 08:45 PM
Ahem.. I would beat anyone with any team....... lol.... yea everyone says it but oh well.. as long as I don't have to back it up .. its all good!

By the way who can't wait for the Hockey season to start!!

Belfour with the Leafs!! WOOO!!

EHWfedPres
08-31-2002, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Salo_Fan
EA 2002 is just a step away form being NHL HITZ.

Not sure wether thats a good or bad thing, considering Hitz is one of the most fun games I have ever played...but as long as it's hockey and it has create-a-player/team options, i'll have it. :)

nemesYs
09-01-2002, 10:02 AM
Heh.. thats so true.. any hockey game that doesn't have create a player, just shouldn't be bought... that feature is one of the best that they have ever put in sports games... another great one is the fantasy draft!