PDA

View Full Version : Scariest game ever

No Fear 23
08-31-2002, 12:48 AM
want to know what will be the scariest game ever??

it wont be the thing.

it will be Fatal Frame. Pick this game up on halloween day and play it after midnight by urself in the dark, and u'll be scared to death that u dont want to touch that game agian.

check the site out at fatalframe.com :eek: :confused:

lllSmokelll
08-31-2002, 06:47 PM
Silent Hill or Resident Evil :)

EHWfedPres
08-31-2002, 09:05 PM
Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

Im serious. Walking peacefully down a road and all of a sudden...BANG! You're hit from above by a damn cliff racer that you never saw coming, and you jump...not really get scared, but the kind of cheap, new-age horror films kind of jump...

Resident Evil was boring...more doors to open than enemies to fight...and RE2 was not scary at all, the environment was just lacking...

Professor Kaos
08-31-2002, 09:11 PM
speaking of being freak out in morrowind, i was playin with a surround sound system turned all the way up, and it was my first time playin. i accidently pressed "X" instead of "A", my sword popped out and it made that sound.it scared the ***** out of me.

John002
09-01-2002, 04:59 AM
Originally posted by Playya
speaking of being freak out in morrowind, i was playin with a surround sound system turned all the way up, and it was my first time playin. i accidently pressed "X" instead of "A", my sword popped out and it made that sound.it scared the ***** out of me.

How about the first time you heard the crack of thunder in Morrowind? It still makes me jump.

nemesYs
09-01-2002, 09:56 AM
Hahaaha.. that is so true.. I jumped so bad.... speaking of which if you've played oddworld and you walk into a bomb unexpectedly that also gets you jumping.. well at least i did.. :)

ScorpionX
09-01-2002, 09:59 AM
Fatal Frame is a really boring game, I couldn't play it for more than 10 minutes. All you do is take pictures of ghosts with your camera. It is a looooooong way from being scary.

I thought Resident Evil was scary, can't think of any others.

thebox466
09-01-2002, 11:15 AM
silent hill 2 gave me the jiggily wiggilys

XslayerX
09-01-2002, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by thebox466
jiggily wiggilys

haha that made me laugh out loud for some reason :confused: :cool:

thebox466
09-01-2002, 12:03 PM
thats my word... get used to it:p

lllSmokelll
09-01-2002, 12:19 PM
silent hill 2 gave me the jiggily wiggilys
Yeah...like in the apartment building...that was scary :eek:

thebox466
09-01-2002, 12:22 PM
it was funny when you saw that guy stick his head in the mucky toilet

EHWfedPres
09-01-2002, 01:30 PM
Resident evil was supposed to be scary, but you open doors more than you even see a zombie...

thebox466
09-01-2002, 01:31 PM
it was more of a psycological thriller, thats why.. not a horror im going to cut your head off movie.

RPGr
09-01-2002, 01:35 PM
Turn your computer speakers up and click this link (http://www.dtig.de/whatswrong) and try to find what's wrong with the picture.

thebox466
09-01-2002, 01:37 PM
whats that have to do with a scary game http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/images/icons/alien2.gif

RPGr
09-01-2002, 01:43 PM
whats that have to do with a scary game http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/images/icons/alien2.gif Nothing, but it scares some people. A guy at work about crapped his pants! LOL

thebox466
09-01-2002, 01:46 PM
LOL, was he like one of those freaks (ex: that one guy from the movie office space)

John002
09-01-2002, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by RPGr
Turn your computer speakers up and click this link (http://www.dtig.de/whatswrong) and try to find what's wro
g with the picture.

Sh*t, you got me good.

RPGr
09-01-2002, 03:00 PM
LOL, was he like one of those freaks (ex: that one guy from the movie office space) Sorry, I've never seen that movie.

I just got my wife with that picture! LOL She jumped a mile!

thebox466
09-01-2002, 03:00 PM
lol, im 12 and i barly jumped

EHWfedPres
09-01-2002, 05:21 PM
<monotone>Oh wow...so scary...because turning up your speakers has so much to do with eyesight, I never saw it coming.</monotone>

Actually, i saw that before...several of them. Someone made one without sound and made it into an animated gif, which was fine until some retard tried to steal it and saved it as a jpg file...and it was obviously not animated any more...dumb people are out there...you just have to find them.

Shadow20002
09-01-2002, 11:44 PM
Silent Hill Series
I have never play any of theses series, bu many persons says these are not so scare when you play a while period.

Resident Evil Series
This one is not so scare because it's only a survivor-horror, mean just shoot undead stuffs ( plus the background are pre-rendered), solve the puzzles...etc.

Fatal Frame
This is going to blow your heart away, he won the award of "The Scariest game ever made", so playing this one at night if you have steel nerve.

All of this is just a prologue, i have something new to show for all of you. Playing a game in third person perspective do not scare you so much because you see all around of your character. How about a game in first person perspective ? A new title that come to the Xbox by this fall. His name is Asylum. This could be the scariest thing you can get for your Xbox. Check out the product profile of the game and don't forget to visit his website for additions infos about it.

Sakic19
09-03-2002, 12:09 AM
Hands down scariest game ever (to date) is System Shock 2!!!!

Reclaimer
09-03-2002, 12:59 AM
Well,:confused:

One game that every now and then got me in pucker mode was Aliens vs Predator. I'm serious. Playing as the marine with all the lights out and the sound cranked on a *****in sound system. I have to admit, I'm 26 and I get a little squirley when I see the movie Alien. Something about the ambience and mood in the game. You're the marine, all alone in the dark creeping down the corridor. You hear your motion detector ping and it detects something else in the room with you. You pop a flare and see nothing, but the blip moves closer and closer but you can't tell where it is. Eventually you start firing in the general direction because you start to panic. You get the idea. Oh man I love that game.

headgamer
09-03-2002, 08:10 AM
Absolutely! Aliens vs. Predator on the Atari Jaguar was THE scariest game I have ever played. Period. It's not a horror game obviously, but the way it was designed (no music, no major sound effects, just the sounds of the abandoned space station) made the tension UNBELIEVABLE...

My vote goes there!

robnyack
09-03-2002, 02:10 PM
Silent Hill and Resident Evil are SCARY??

Try BORING.

You know what game is scary to me? Enclave. Very tense game.

symposiumx
09-04-2002, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by headgamer
Absolutely! Aliens vs. Predator on the Atari Jaguar was THE scariest game I have ever played. Period. It's not a horror game obviously, but the way it was designed (no music, no major sound effects, just the sounds of the abandoned space station) made the tension UNBELIEVABLE...

My vote goes there!

That game AvP for the Jaguar WAS the epitome of tense gaming.
System Shock 2 did an amazing job of using sound to freak out the gamer.

I can't wait for some First Person Horror games for the XBOX

EHWfedPres
09-04-2002, 01:30 PM
Resident Evil...whats so scary about opening doors leading to empty rooms?:rolleyes:

xboxed79
09-04-2002, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by RPGr
Turn your computer speakers up and click this link (http://www.dtig.de/whatswrong) and try to find what's wrong with the picture.

you got me...damn it

JimmieDoogan
09-04-2002, 03:01 PM
The scariest game ever? Super Noah's Ark for the SNES. Yes it's actually a real game. It was a first person shooter where you had to run around the ark and put all the animals to sleep using Noah's cane. OMG! I can't even believe they'd allow religous groups to make games... though this is america... land of the free... loaders... heh...

maximan00
09-04-2002, 04:58 PM
Phantasmagoria on the PC. Back in the late 90's on my Pentium 100 that was a scary game. Nowadays not much scares me in video games. RE was pretty scary but thats about all....

EHWfedPres
09-05-2002, 01:27 AM
Phantasmagoria is a great song...by the band Annihilator

DVDGNZ
09-05-2002, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
Resident Evil...whats so scary about opening doors leading to empty rooms?:rolleyes:

Maybe you didn't play the first game when it first came out. The scary parts aren't when you open a door to an abandoned room.The scary parts were when your walking along and all of a sudden a zombie dog jumps through a window and runs right at you or when the Hunters chased you down! Scared my @ss anyways.

EHWfedPres
09-05-2002, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by DVDGNZ

Maybe you didn't play the first game when it first came out. The scary parts aren't when you open a door to an abandoned room.The scary parts were when your walking along and all of a sudden a zombie dog jumps through a window and runs right at you or when the Hunters chased you down! Scared my @ss anyways.

Maybe you people havent watched Night of the Living Dead enough times...when you see a boarded up window, something is going to jump thru it...;)

ShaqPack!
09-05-2002, 04:40 PM
The scariest game ever is Sesame Street Sports for PSOne. I was scarred for life after playing this game for a whole five minutes. I am serious! This game is so scary that you can't even die.

E-Vader
09-05-2002, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Sakic19
Hands down scariest game ever (to date) is System Shock 2!!!!

Oh yeah you got that right.

"l l l look at y you h h hacker, a p p pathetic c creature made up of m meat and bone"

Shrapnel26
09-05-2002, 11:46 PM
Hey,
System SHock 2 was pretty scary, Shodan rocks as being the biggest baddest MoFo that ever hooked up to a chip, but I gotta give Silent Hill the award for making me cack my pants. All the mist and the wierd sounds and also the fact that when you entered certain buildings, there was like a flip to a wierd cross dimensional rift full of bleeding walls and chained bodies, kinda like Doom II but better, speaking of which Doom II....now there was a pure heart pounding feast of fear....but I digress!!

:eek:

davidx
09-10-2002, 05:23 PM
My subject says it all. Weenies...all of you! The scariest game of all time is, without a doubt...

FUZION FRENZY!!

eek.

Ok, I can't lie. The lightning in Morrowind still makes me jump off the couch like a 12 year old school girl.

X :cool:

DVDGNZ
09-11-2002, 01:49 AM

Maybe you people havent watched Night of the Living Dead enough times...when you see a boarded up window, something is going to jump thru it...;)

Why don't you just say you haven't played it?! Their are NO boarded up windows in RE 1!

AmpedRider
09-14-2002, 08:31 AM
silent hill 2

xboxrocks2003
09-14-2002, 09:07 AM
Altered Beast

zfBRAT
09-14-2002, 06:29 PM
Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

Im serious. Walking peacefully down a road and all of a sudden...BANG! You're hit from above by a damn cliff racer that you never saw coming, and you jump...not really get scared, but the kind of cheap, new-age horror films kind of jump...

Resident Evil was boring...more doors to open than enemies to fight...and RE2 was not scary at all, the environment was just lacking... I know exactly how you feel...or when you hear the racers and look up and a damn rat bites you from behind...

EHWfedPres
09-15-2002, 09:54 PM

Why don't you just say you haven't played it?! Their are NO boarded up windows in RE 1!

I wont say that because I actually have played RE1 many many times...but I was making the window reference to NOTLD the movie...and there are boarded up windows in RE2...but RE1 was not scary at all...by the time you found a new zombie to fight, you were more bored and ticked off than scared.

DVDGNZ
09-16-2002, 05:43 AM

I wont say that because I actually have played RE1 many many times...but I was making the window reference to NOTLD the movie...and there are boarded up windows in RE2...but RE1 was not scary at all...by the time you found a new zombie to fight, you were more bored and ticked off than scared.

You quoted me where I said that the dogs jumping through the windows in RE 1 was scary . Your response to that was "Maybe you people havent watched Night of the Living Dead enough times...when you see a boarded up window, something is going to jump thru it..." Don't quote me if your going to talk about another subject.

EHWfedPres
09-16-2002, 02:01 PM

You quoted me where I said that the dogs jumping through the windows in RE 1 was scary . Your response to that was "Maybe you people havent watched Night of the Living Dead enough times...when you see a boarded up window, something is going to jump thru it..." Don't quote me if your going to talk about another subject.

Notice when I made the window comment, the previous subject was the movie NOTLD...if you knew anything about proper sentence making, you would know that you are really dumb.

Supperdog
09-16-2002, 04:21 PM
OMG silent hill 2 is fReAky

how about those chirping mannequin things with legs from the waist down and legs from the waist up where its chest is supposed to be? scared the HELL out of me...

the way the flesh glistens and shines in your flashlight beam

the constant paranoia that intensifies when your radio gets louder and louder and louder...

the sick jerky motions of those zombie things when you knock them down and they race around screaming

the skinless nurses shreiking as you crack them with a lead pipe

the run down hotel that is just TEEMING with evil

the...hospital...
:confused: :eek:

mahalan
09-17-2002, 06:25 PM
I can't say I've ever been scared playing a game. I can't even imagine it. I especially can't imagine being scared of anything while playing a deliveryman in a game that crashes every ten minutes. I have found games challenging, frustrating, amusing, and entertaining. Scary? No.

davidx
09-18-2002, 12:36 AM
Gee Mahalan,

A good game's never scared you? Puh-lease...

you're probably afraid of the dark.

Fuzion Frenzy is scary...and that's the bottom line!

X:cool:

DVDGNZ
09-18-2002, 04:47 AM

Notice when I made the window comment, the previous subject was the movie NOTLD...if you knew anything about proper sentence making, you would know that you are really dumb.

Then what was the point of quoting me?! Did you make a mistake?! Get lost.

chickenmunky
09-22-2002, 05:07 PM
*cough* Clive Barker's Undying for PC *cough*