PDA

View Full Version : xbox games letting down ..mm, maybe a soultion..

odpr
08-31-2002, 11:55 AM
wepl, I read the thread that one here wrote about the games of the Xbox letting down, I have to agree with him, most of the games that came f right after the console went out looked not polished enough, more then that sometimes it seems as if the develop want the games to get out as fast as he can , in order to sell, this things will change in the games to come...

but what I think that the Xbox miss is a good platform games, and the emphasize is on games, not a game, like blink , but games, the ps have it the cube have it, this games is what console is all about , most of the people that buy console want this cute and sometimes very hard platfromers, fps u have on pc, and u can make them better there, so halo for example, is a very good game, but not something that can't be done in pc, but if u look on the other games like fighting games, and platfromers, and sports games this is where the consoles shine , and to my opinion Xbox is falling short in two of three categories here, the platfromer and the fighting games.
no problem about the sport games....

also on rpg games...
so here u have it instead of makeing another football game, make something else.....(I don't get it poeple what u love in football game , but I will open other thread for it... : )

bye

EHWfedPres
08-31-2002, 07:16 PM
Yeah, instead of having 27 football games that all suck, lets try making a good game, perhaps with multiplayer? Enclave, Gunvalkyrie, Dead To Rights, GunMetal, all these games and nobody to play them with...

Enclave would probably be one of the best, most popular games out if it had multiplayer.

Gangrel KTTK
08-31-2002, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by odpr
wepl, I read the thread that one here wrote about the games of the Xbox letting down, I have to agree with him, most of the games that came f right after the console went out looked not polished enough, more then that sometimes it seems as if the develop want the games to get out as fast as he can , in order to sell, this things will change in the games to come...

but what I think that the Xbox miss is a good platform games, and the emphasize is on games, not a game, like blink , but games, the ps have it the cube have it, this games is what console is all about , most of the people that buy console want this cute and sometimes very hard platfromers, fps u have on pc, and u can make them better there, so halo for example, is a very good game, but not something that can't be done in pc, but if u look on the other games like fighting games, and platfromers, and sports games this is where the consoles shine , and to my opinion Xbox is falling short in two of three categories here, the platfromer and the fighting games.

also on rpg games...
so here u have it instead of makeing another football game, make something else.....(I don't get it poeple what u love in football game , but I will open other thread for it... : )

bye

God.... You ppl are stupid. Everyone knows that the good games come out in the fall and early winter. Just look at the PS2; lately hasn't had a game worth a crap (SOCOM maybe). It's just the way it goes. I give props to Nintendo for releasing some great games in the summer (ED, RE, and SMS).

And i think Xbox has had more good games lately than expected. I loved Hunter, Morrowind, MOTO GP, and all the football games.

EHWfedPres
08-31-2002, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Gangrel KTTK
I give props to Nintendo for releasing some great games in the summer (ED, RE, and SMS).

I disagree...those games suck.

borka105
08-31-2002, 10:56 PM
Well, CRASH, SPYRO, RAYMAN, BLINX all are coming to the xbox.

So I don't see WHY YOU ARE COMPLAINING.......

-Borka105

thebox466
08-31-2002, 10:57 PM
They are letting down cause its not a holiday season, they have certin times they release games

ice_141
08-31-2002, 10:59 PM
yes, it lets me down very much. thats why i ahve 19 games and play them ALL:rolleyes:

Nonny
08-31-2002, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres

I disagree...those games suck.

Why do you think they suck? They were all rated 8 or above.

I enjoyed Resident Evil but the camera angles and controls were average.
:(

CanadianPimp
08-31-2002, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by odpr

also on rpg games...

bye

Well at least people read my posts:D ...hehe...even for a newbie.
EDIT: Oh, your talking about that post. I posted a thread in teh Xbox vs. PS2 forum about the disappointing Xbox games. My fault. Well read that! Reply if you want, I'm not going to continue that thread. So many arguements going in different ways. Nobody agrees with my stats. Hmmmph.

But anyways, I think you have a very good point and I'm glad you agree and didn't take me for granted just because I didn't enjoy some of the Xbox's summer games. My PS2 summer games weren't exactly stellar either. It was my GC getting the play, and still is. But one point I have to make: the XBox, PS2, and Gamecube are all going to have kickass fall lineups! Don't label me as a PS2 or Gamecube fanboy cause I'm not.

The XBox has been lacking in a few genres though. Besides Munch, will Blink be strong enough to keep Microsoft's platform genre strong? Microsoft needs to make sure Blink does well otherwise they'll have nothing to the mega-genre that Sony and Nintendo has in the platform genre. Same with RPGs. Sony has got a million RPGs coming out. Nintendo and Microsoft has snag some for themselves or that's another genre Sony will beat them in.

I'm pretty confident that Xbox Live will kick the **** out of Sony's online plans. Even though I'm probably going to go through with Sony's online plans and I'm rather impressed, Xbox Live just seems to be so much better.

borka105
08-31-2002, 11:06 PM
If you liked RE, ED, then Silent Hill 2 is a match made in heaven.

It's out for the xbox, so go play it !!!!

-Borka105