PDA

View Full Version : sega gt 2002 review!

Tony Soprano
08-31-2002, 02:46 PM
IGN just reviewed the game, if anyone here who has insider/is instersted in reading.

they gave it a 8.8

its looking to be pretty sweet, they said lotsa good things bout the game.

ps. sorry if this has been posted already.

nemesYs
08-31-2002, 04:06 PM
If someone does have insider would you mind copying and pasting in here for those of us that don't have it?

Tony Soprano
08-31-2002, 04:09 PM
well... i have insider.. but i think if i pasted it here i think the admins would get into trouble or something. i mean this kinda thing happened at teamxbox forums a little while back and IGN totally flipped out..

however...

if you were to leave me ur email addy.. i could possibly email you a 'summary' of what it said? :)

midnight
08-31-2002, 04:12 PM
I've been looking foward to this game. The lack of tracks kinda pi$$es me off, but oh well. That always kills racing games...don't they know that!:mad: :D I hope the add-on disk comes out in a couple months and not 6 months.

Tony Soprano
08-31-2002, 04:18 PM
yeah, i heard that the addon disc will have new cars as well as new tracks, hopefully they will be really kickass!

even without the game..
one of the things they said in their review was that it takes a LOOOOONG time for u to get the good stuff.. which is GREAT for a gamer like me.. cause i wanna be in a game for as long as i can.

because if PGRs diffuclty level, i ttook me MONTHS on MONTHS to finish the game entirly.

nemesYs
08-31-2002, 04:18 PM
If you think about it.. 12+ tracks is not really lacking!! Hell Rallisport and PGR both didn't have many tracks .. mainly just mirrors of their normal tracks.. and both those games were damn good... so i wouldn't complain about that.

nemesYs
08-31-2002, 04:20 PM
lol.. forgot to mention this.. but either way.. Tony I sent you my email in a PM and if you didn't get it somehow.. just click on the little email icon thing.. beside homepage and the others that are on there.

midnight
08-31-2002, 04:21 PM
I hope you're right. I'll find out next week.:D

Jarvis
08-31-2002, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Tony Soprano
well... i have insider.. but i think if i pasted it here i think the admins would get into trouble or something. i mean this kinda thing happened at teamxbox forums a little while back and IGN totally flipped out..

however...

if you were to leave me ur email addy.. i could possibly email you a 'summary' of what it said? :)

PM the "summary" please

-jarvis

Tony Soprano
08-31-2002, 04:31 PM
jarvis, i tried to pm u the summary, but its too big, and i can only send 1000 words in each message, and each message can only be sent every 60 seconds.

pm me ur email and ill email it to u tho.

midnight
08-31-2002, 04:32 PM
Search for the 'IGN reviews sega gt' thread. Someone posted bits of the review and the scores.

Guibs
08-31-2002, 04:46 PM
if you would be kind enough to email me at guibs@videotron.ca with the review I would greatly appreceate. I am still undecided about buying the game, mainly with the floaty gameplay going around and I'd like to get as much info as possible on it.

thanks

Xbox Owner
08-31-2002, 04:52 PM
Thanks man, 8.8 is pretty good!:)

Tony Soprano
08-31-2002, 04:53 PM
well, as i said in my first post, sorry if somone has posted it already :P

umm but yeah.. im pretty sure its insider only.. but i cant really tell since i subscribe there..

but yeah.. if its availble for everyone then so much the better :P

http://xbox.ign.com <-- for sega gt 2002 review

Ulchie
08-31-2002, 05:19 PM
haha earlier even the non insiders could view it
go ahead and post the whole review it was their screw up so let em pay for it
I dont have insider and I read the whole thing before the idiots finally realised that normal people without insider could go and look at it.
early bird gets the worm then eh?

Tony Soprano
08-31-2002, 05:28 PM
lol, yeah i guess.

but i think the mods would probibally thorw a fit if somone where to post it on here.

lllSmokelll
08-31-2002, 06:34 PM
When you crash...is there damage?

nemesYs
08-31-2002, 06:38 PM
When you crash there is no visible damage unfortunatly.. i wish that their was visible damage but oh well I will learn to live without it...

Either way there is a damage meter so everytime you hit the wall.. you will damage your car... At the end of the race money is automatically taken away to repair your car.

lllSmokelll
08-31-2002, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by nemesYs
When you crash there is no visible damage unfortunatly.. i wish that their was visible damage but oh well I will learn to live without it...

Either way there is a damage meter so everytime you hit the wall.. you will damage your car... At the end of the race money is automatically taken away to repair your car.
yeah i heard about that just in pictures and stuff they dont show damage so i wasnt sure :(

Tony Soprano
08-31-2002, 07:39 PM
heh, just beacause theres no PHYSICAL dammage dosent mean there is no dammage..

eg. they said in the review.. u could win a race that rewards u with $4000 but u only get $1500 cash because u have to psend the other $2500 on repares cause u crashed into ****loads of things..lol

EHWfedPres
08-31-2002, 08:26 PM
Im still waiting for the racing game where you can design your own tracks...

and add Nitrous ******, why is it that the game players always know what will make a game great, but the developers are to empty-headed to realize some things like that...

Tony Soprano
08-31-2002, 08:30 PM
EHWfedPres, yeah ur right man, making our own tracks would kick ass.. espically when the game goes online.. we could make tracks for others to race on and stuff.. that would rock..

or set up or own championships and stuff.. and maybe.. design our own car.. and that could be the prize... that would rock :)

maybe they should take all these ideas into consideration for the next game *hint hint*

nemesYs
08-31-2002, 08:42 PM
That would be awesome but I would think its a little more of a challenge to do for a console game then a PC..

EHWfedPres
08-31-2002, 08:45 PM
they have editors for bike and skateboard games, why not racing games? Sure, it would take alot of hard work and dedication, but it would be great when it's finished.

I want NOS.

lllSmokelll
08-31-2002, 08:57 PM
I never crash :D

EHWfedPres
08-31-2002, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Goldberg
I never crash :D

Well you will if you ever race me...I'm notorious for pushing people off the course and into oncoming traffic...

lllSmokelll
08-31-2002, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres

Well you will if you ever race me...I'm notorious for pushing people off the course and into oncoming traffic...
Seriously...back when all i played for PS1 was GT2 i never crashed...i was sweat at that game...i had like every car and every trophy except some of the endurance races cause some of them are 200 laps and take 2 hours to complete :rolleyes:

Tony Soprano
09-01-2002, 03:38 AM
i actually loved endurance races.. espically in PGR, u can pump up ur kudos sooo bad in a endurance racer.

nemesYs
09-01-2002, 09:59 AM
LOL.. i don't remember those races in PGR... are there going to be endurance races in segaGT?

Pak4182
09-01-2002, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by nemesYs
If you think about it.. 12+ tracks is not really lacking!! Hell Rallisport and PGR both didn't have many tracks .. mainly just mirrors of their normal tracks.. and both those games were damn good... so i wouldn't complain about that.

PGR had tons of tracks... but only 3 cities.

tRuNkZ
09-01-2002, 12:42 PM
this game is a PS2 KILLER!

Calve
09-01-2002, 09:13 PM
damn it!!! thats the only reason i might buy a used ps2!!! for gt3! i was hoping sega gt was gonna match or top it... but i guess not:(

Tony Soprano
09-02-2002, 02:49 AM
gt3 may be better, but i think sega gt 2002 is enough for me to not buy gt3 and be happy with sega gt.

BullitNC
09-02-2002, 06:47 AM
No way is GT3 better than Sega GT. Have you actually played both yet? If all you care about is car selection, then yes, GT3 may be better for you. Sega GT on DC was better than GT3. Oh wait, you meant the cut scenes and replays right? Yes, GT3 had amazing looking movies, but the gameplay looked NOTHING like that...another beast entirely.

nemesYs
09-02-2002, 08:52 AM
The features of Sega GT 2002 will satisfy my enough not to bother ever thinking about GT3 again.... I haven't played GT3 and nor do I plan on playing it once Sega's game comes out! .. I can't wait!

Afro Aura
09-03-2002, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by BullitNC
No way is GT3 better than Sega GT. Have you actually played both yet? If all you care about is car selection, then yes, GT3 may be better for you. Sega GT on DC was better than GT3. Oh wait, you meant the cut scenes and replays right? Yes, GT3 had amazing looking movies, but the gameplay looked NOTHING like that...another beast entirely.
I agree with you mate, get hold of the game before you sl@g it off Sega GT2002 will kill PS2 GT3 as I'm sure that IGN is just homage to PS2 owners, let's see how the game really plays when Sega GT2002 is on the tracks

GO BUCCS!!!
09-03-2002, 01:40 PM
12 tracks + no ability to upgrade your cars = sells xbox
that was the last straw. fock it, i'm out.
:( :confused: :eek:
*goes back to pc games*

nemesYs
09-03-2002, 01:51 PM
No ability to upgrade cars?!!?!?! What the hell are you talking about... you can tune up your car and add a whole bunch of stuff to it!!

midnight
09-03-2002, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Tony Soprano
gt3 may be better, but i think sega gt 2002 is enough for me to not buy gt3 and be happy with sega gt.

This is pretty much how I feel. Sega Gt should keep me happy.

I was hoping it would match the Gran Turismo series but it sounds like it might have fallen a little short. Then again who knows...I haven't even played it yet. I'm crossing my fingers.

Tony Soprano
09-03-2002, 03:12 PM
12 tracks + no ability to upgrade your cars = sells xbox
that was the last straw. fock it, i'm out.

*goes back to pc games*

^wtf is all that about???? ofcourse u can upgrade your cars... i hate ppl who have no idea wtf theyr on about..

anyways. yeah, about gt3 looking so good.. ive played the game, also when u look on the net for screens.. 90% of them are of replay shots.. and the replays in gt3 use enhanced effects to make the cars look better, the IN game of gt3 does NOT look like that.

as for gameplay, well non of us can really coment on that, since the game isnt out yet. but the guys at IGN have played both. and i think it was a pretty fair review. because they more or less HAD to compare the game to gt3, and if they hadnt a lot of u would be asking for a gt3 comparison.

the thing is.. gt3 came out at the right time.. if sega gt 2002 had come out when gt3 did, it would also recieve 10s like gt3.

but regardless.. sega gt is seriously going to own.. ive already ripped a lot of new songs on the xbox in wait for this game :)