PDA

View Full Version : Take Action!

bigswole31
11-08-2001, 01:32 PM
I just read Acclaim's posting of their Christmas '01 lineup, and there is heavy support from them on the PS2 and Gamecube, while they are only putting out Dave Mirra for the XBOX. What gives?

http://www.gaming-age.com/cgi-bin/news/news.pl?y=2001&m=11&nid=7-33.db

Developers make games, and games sell systems. I understand they skew towards the PS2...large installed user base equals right now cash, but why are so many developers favoring the GC over the Xbox. Please no nintendo fanboy rants of "XBOX sucks!" etc. I see the same thing from Activision, Ubisoft, and Eidos. The new Batman game is out on PS2, will be a launch title on the GC, but won't hit the Xbox until 2002. This phenomenon can be viewed with other titles from other developers as well...putting titles out first on the PS2 and the GC while porting to the Xbox at a later date. With the touted ease of the Xbox development platform, there is no reason for this other than corporate bias.

I have already paid off my bundle, and am looking forward to getting my XBOX, but I don't want to see it suffer the fate of my Dreamcast. Since we all like to type and spend time giving our opinion, how about we do it in a way that will get us some mileage. Instead of lengthy pointless arguments with Xbox haters, start emailing the developers and express your discontent over their "third-class" Xbox policies. It doesn't matter if you like the games from the developer...it is all a matter of presence and perception, and it won't cost you a dime.

It's just like radio...DJs say they only play the hits, but the thing is, they MAKE the hits by how often they play or pitch a tune. Developers say they will make games for a winning system, but they MAKE winning systems, by choosing where to put their software. Dreamcast was great, but poor consumer confidence and poor developer confidence fed on each other to the system's demise. We can stop this. Let's make it happen.

anthony_osborn
11-08-2001, 09:13 PM
Hey, the reason those games dont come out later is because PS2 has been out longer and they have had time to produce those games and know they have to think about how to make the game for another system witch takes time. You cant just say let's make this game tomorrow, you have to test it, you have to fix the problems, then think about the rating, then figure out a name and price for it. then some weeks or maybe even months it comes out. Not to get all mean about it and all but it does take time to produce the games. :mad: but that batman game you were talking about , PS2 has been out for about a year or half and Xbox hasnt even came out yet so y should batman be out for it yet. so complaining about it aint goin to help. it does take time to produce those games so just give it time and they will come out. you have waited this long for the xbox to come out then you should be able to wait for that game to come out when it does.

scarecrow kfj
11-09-2001, 08:49 AM
also they dont have to take as much time trying to make it look good.

DOOM
11-09-2001, 09:03 AM
jim@gaming-age.com

The Guy Who Posted That BS!