PDA

View Full Version : The life expectancy of the X-BOX

adzmullz1
08-31-2002, 06:15 PM
Well , we all know that the PSOne is probably the most sucessfull games console as far as life expectancy goes (what is it , about 6 years it's been going now?) . So , what does everyone think that the X-Box's life expectancy will be ?. I personally hope it lasts longer than six years , but with people talking about X-Box 2 already , i just can't see it happening............:( :confused:

XslayerX
08-31-2002, 06:20 PM
I kinda hope it does last as long as 6 years, but also not. Since PS3 comes out in like 2005 or 2006, and xbox 2 could come out in 2007 if it lasted 6 yeras, which isnt a good thing. They are trying to make it come out right along the time of Ps2, so expect it to live like 4-5 yeras.

lllSmokelll
08-31-2002, 06:21 PM
Forever :)

EHWfedPres
08-31-2002, 07:06 PM
and you opinion means nothing. the original playstation has been "going" for a while now, but not many people, if any, give a crap about it.

ScorpionX
08-31-2002, 07:46 PM
Sunday September 16, 2085 is the day the Xbox will pass away..... http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/images/icons/icon9.gif

Maxx-Attack
08-31-2002, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Scorpion}{
Sunday September 16, 2085 is the day the Xbox will pass away..... http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/images/icons/icon9.gif

:confused: :(

hiter101
08-31-2002, 07:59 PM
XBOX SHALL REIN FOREVER :D

EHWfedPres
08-31-2002, 08:20 PM
I disagree, I think it will REIGN forever...

Reign in Blood = one of the greatest cd's ever

Zion
08-31-2002, 09:15 PM
There are only two reasons why the Playstation is still going:

1) It's $50.
2) All the free games you can handle.

Piracy was kind to the PS!

Professor Kaos
08-31-2002, 09:17 PM
i agree with whoever said 6 years, by then i should b able to afford an xbox 2.

adzmullz1
09-01-2002, 05:02 AM
Does anyone ACTUALLY know what life expectancy microsoft have given the X-Box . Did they release an estimate ?

Professor Kaos
09-01-2002, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by adzmullz1
Does anyone ACTUALLY know what life expectancy microsoft have given the X-Box . Did they release an estimate ?

its 6 years, i heard that thats how long microsoft wants the shelf life of the xbox to be.

WD_Striker
09-01-2002, 07:54 AM
Xbox's life expectancy will last until PS3 is expected to come out. Microsoft has stated that Sony had a year headstart on the Xbox and it would not let that happen again. Look for a launch very close to what the PS3 release date is. We may lose a little end time on the shelf life of the Xbox in order for this to happen. But they'll prob go backwards compatible and all that.

WD_Striker

Evil_Dr_Beefy
09-01-2002, 08:10 AM
The xbox is a great console, but with current gains in processor speed and in graphic chips. I would have to say 5 years With any console there are always going to be a few holdouts......

adzmullz1
09-01-2002, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by WD_Striker
Xbox's life expectancy will last until PS3 is expected to come out.

So , whats the PS3 gonna have that the X-Box has'nt already got ??????????. I think the X-Box has the potential to become one of the best (even the best) games console ever made . This xmas is going to be huge in the decision of which console is best........

Ulchie
09-02-2002, 01:43 AM
the funniest thing about the PS is the amount of hacking
go rent game....burn it.....take it back
5 dollar games
in fact it was so pirated that not a single person I know has more than 2 original games(and 15-75 pirated) and that was the reason I bought a ps recently
i just borrow my friends burned games and burn em again lol
i got 79 games so far and i got it 2 months ago
although I rarely play it it wasnt very expensive so I dont really care

Ulchie
09-02-2002, 02:22 AM
I would actually be pleased if the xbox 2 came out before the ps3...but thats for me I have money and im sure some of you get pretty short of it sometimes
but in truth having the consoles come out more often would mean that the technology would advance faster but I wouldnt want it to end up like the computer world where every 6 months a new processor comes out and yours isnt the best anymore....kinda makes u mad to say the least
I think 3-4 years would be good life span for any system cause it only takes 2-3 years to hit prime of any system and after that it pretty much goes downhill so why not release a new system and put the sequels to the super great games on that one(although with that being said I still want halo 2 to be on xbox hehe XBL will ownz j00)

Highlite23
09-02-2002, 09:48 AM
I'm guessing 4-6 years. Basically Sony & MS are going to be watching each other carefully so no one gets the jump on the other. This time around you will see the true console war.

XBOX2 & PS3 are going to launch practically simultaniously, right now both companies are laying the foundation for the future.

I also think both companies are going the route of "multi-use" systems. It will play games and probably alot of internet capabilities. As long as it's backwards compatible and not too expensive i won't mind.

In about 2 years i think we will start to see those sneek peeks at whats comming soon from both Co.