PDA

View Full Version : For those let down by the Xbox...

Caspel
08-31-2002, 06:21 PM
This is to those who are let down by the Xbox...

I see that many are becoming "depressed" with staring at a dusty Xbox on their table or floor. They are just waiting for a new game to pop in and play. Well I will address some of your problems and answers to your problems.

Some have a problem without a hardcore platformer title to play. I can agree there since Xbox doesn't have a pure platformer unless you want to go to an action/platformer in Azurik or strategy/platformer in Munch's Oddysee.

Others may have problems in lack of surperior sports games to play. Well most Xbox sports are ported to other systems besides Fever series. Only thing we have to brag about at this moment is faster frame rates, the ability to save to the XBox, and ability to save replays.

Lastly problems occur in action titles with not enough graphical eye appeal and just not being enough action.

Here are some answers.
1.) For the Platformer fans.
Xbox is going to have 3 Solid platformers come out by the time of Spring. These 3 Solid Platformers will be exclusive to the Xbox too. First off we have..
**Blinx: The Timesweeper-**
It just takes full advantage of the Xbox hardware and it's something we are going to be able to brag about to Xbox critics.
**Tork-**
The ability to change your character into a Yeti, armadillo and flying squirrel are almost enough to keep one thinking that Mario has nothing on the Xbox. Tork will be a great platformer.
**Psychonauts-**
Just having the genius ability to have invisibility, telekenesis, and levitation is great enough to surpass any PS2 platformer from my opinion.
Other platformers will come to the Xbox like Toe Jam & Earl 3 which will be exclusive to the Xbox, Vexx, Dr. Muto, Crank the Weasel, Spyro the Dragon, Rayman, and Ty the Tasmanian Tiger. Also included is Dirk the Daring and Dragonkind for those Action/Platformers. Pac-Man will also be on the Xbox for those old time fans of older platformers. And anyone missing Frogger will be able to play Zapper, a grasshopper with an attitude.

On to the next solution
2.) For those with Sports addiction
- We can only hope Ea, Sega, Midway, and Microsoft Developers include the capability of creating your own soundtrack for the sport games for the XBox to have another advantage over other systems. Also being able to update rosters for the games too would be nice.

Lastly
3.) Action freaks watch-out
- Xbox is all about action. We have the Mech genre coming out majorly this holiday season with Mech Assualt, Steel Battalion and for those cartoon fanatics Robotech Battlecry.
- Then we have the shooters galore in Medal of Honor: Frontline, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon online, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell, Timesplitters 2, UnReal Championship.
- Squad based games will be out quickly too. Conflict: Desert Storm and Brute Force are going to be out before the holiday's end.
- Those craving action super stars can have Blade and Superman. Also Shemnue 2 is going to be released for the Xbox with Panzer Dragon Orta.

Now if you can't wait for the Holiday Season...
Then try out the following games.
1.) Jet Set Radio Future (Surely addictive)
2.) GunValkyrie (Different style that can attract many)
3.) Turok: Evolution (Soon to be out in stores everywhere)
4.) Rallisport Challenge (Racing game with great speed to it)
5.) Genma Onimusha (This is for the traditional fighting/action type game)
6.) Blade 2 (Which comes out soon)
7.) Commandos 2 (Which comes out very soon)
8.) Buffy the Vampire Slayer (A beat up, slaying game with no pun attended)
9.) Dead to Rights (A fill in until we get Splinter Cell)
10.) NCAA Football 2003 (For the sports fans)
11.) Sega GT 2002 (Coming out quickly)
12.) Prisoner of War (For those who need a thinking type game)
13.) Elder Scrolls 3 (If you need a game that lasts longer then 20 hours)
14.) Enclave (Anyone in dire need of a different style roleplaying game
15.) Moto GP (Anyone looking to get a racing game hard to compare to)
16.) Gunmetal (Just a quick fill-in for the mech players out there. Its disappointing but enough to get you over until Robotech arrives)
17.) Obi-Wan (Yes another disappointing title, but using the force and lightsaber is fun. Just to a certain extent. Its a good rent.)
18.) Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams (It will help you get over the fact Resident Evil isn't coming to the Xbox. For the time being.)
19.) Hunter: The Reckoning (Anyone looking to have fun with some buddies, this will surely be fun until it gets really complicated.)
20.) Outlaw Golf (Extreme Sports you may say but it this will help get time over until more platformers and action games are released)

So there you go, 20 games that some aren't even on other consoles. Yes some may be like Blade and Turok but others should help tide you over until bigger releases come out. Also Deathrow should help us get the sports genre on the Xbox side. Since its a made up sport and from what I know exclusive to the Xbox, it will be a dandy addition. 20 games to try before bashing the Xbox besides the odvious Dead or Alive 3 and Halo.

lllSmokelll
08-31-2002, 06:28 PM
huh???
i love my xbox!!!! :confused: :eek: :rolleyes:

egg
08-31-2002, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Caspel
This is to those who are let down by the Xbox...

I see that many are becoming "depressed" with staring at a dusty Xbox on their table or floor. They are just waiting for a new game to pop in and play. Well I will address some of your problems and answers to your problems.

Some have a problem without a hardcore platformer title to play. I can agree there since Xbox doesn't have a pure platformer unless you want to go to an action/platformer in Azurik or strategy/platformer in Munch's Oddysee.

Others may have problems in lack of surperior sports games to play. Well most Xbox sports are ported to other systems besides Fever series. Only thing we have to brag about at this moment is faster frame rates, the ability to save to the XBox, and ability to save replays.

Lastly problems occur in action titles with not enough graphical eye appeal and just not being enough action.

Here are some answers.
1.) For the Platformer fans.
Xbox is going to have 3 Solid platformers come out by the time of Spring. These 3 Solid Platformers will be exclusive to the Xbox too. First off we have..
**Blinx: The Timesweeper-**
It just takes full advantage of the Xbox hardware and it's something we are going to be able to brag about to Xbox critics.
**Tork-**
The ability to change your character into a Yeti, armadillo and flying squirrel are almost enough to keep one thinking that Mario has nothing on the Xbox. Tork will be a great platformer.
**Psychonauts-**
Just having the genius ability to have invisibility, telekenesis, and levitation is great enough to surpass any PS2 platformer from my opinion.
Other platformers will come to the Xbox like Toe Jam & Earl 3 which will be exclusive to the Xbox, Vexx, Dr. Muto, Crank the Weasel, Spyro the Dragon, Rayman, and Ty the Tasmanian Tiger. Also included is Dirk the Daring and Dragonkind for those Action/Platformers. Pac-Man will also be on the Xbox for those old time fans of older platformers. And anyone missing Frogger will be able to play Zapper, a grasshopper with an attitude.

On to the next solution
2.) For those with Sports addiction
- We can only hope Ea, Sega, Midway, and Microsoft Developers include the capability of creating your own soundtrack for the sport games for the XBox to have another advantage over other systems. Also being able to update rosters for the games too would be nice.

Lastly
3.) Action freaks watch-out
- Xbox is all about action. We have the Mech genre coming out majorly this holiday season with Mech Assualt, Steel Battalion and for those cartoon fanatics Robotech Battlecry.
- Then we have the shooters galore in Medal of Honor: Frontline, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon online, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell, Timesplitters 2, UnReal Championship.
- Squad based games will be out quickly too. Conflict: Desert Storm and Brute Force are going to be out before the holiday's end.
- Those craving action super stars can have Blade and Superman. Also Shemnue 2 is going to be released for the Xbox with Panzer Dragon Orta.

Now if you can't wait for the Holiday Season...
Then try out the following games.
16.) Gunmetal (Just a quick fill-in for the mech players out there. Its disappointing but enough to get you over until Robotech arrives)
17.) Obi-Wan (Yes another disappointing title, but using the force and lightsaber is fun. Just to a certain extent. Its a good rent.)
18.) Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams (It will help you get over the fact Resident Evil isn't coming to the Xbox. For the time being.)
19.) Hunter: The Reckoning (Anyone looking to have fun with some buddies, this will surely be fun until it gets really complicated.)
20.) Outlaw Golf (Extreme Sports you may say but it this will help get time over until more platformers and action games are released)

So there you go, 20 games that some aren't even on other consoles. Yes some may be like Blade and Turok but others should help tide you over until bigger releases come out. Also Deathrow should help us get the sports genre on the Xbox side. Since its a made up sport and from what I know exclusive to the Xbox, it will be a dandy addition. 20 games to try before bashing the Xbox besides the odvious Dead or Alive 3 and Halo.

I Feel ya Caspel.... Good post

Caspel
08-31-2002, 06:56 PM
I am no way displeased with my Xbox. All my Xbox games are mostly free. (33 and counting now). This is just directed to everyone that has complaints on the Xbox. There should be no complaints at all. Just some months have more better releases then some. September looks to be a good month for Xbox. Certainly not the best (Like October and November will be) but it will be satisfying enough.

VenoM
08-31-2002, 07:03 PM
I am no way displeased with my Xbox. All my Xbox games are mostly free. (33 and counting now)

let me guess........you download your games and have your xbox moded :D

EHWfedPres
08-31-2002, 07:08 PM
for those let down by the Xbox, id like to direct you towards that nice box of tissues over there on the table, but finding a person who cares about your misfortune...that's your problem...

Caspel
08-31-2002, 07:09 PM
Actually I get them for free in the mail. I am a freelance writer. I used to work here at Xboxaddict.com from late March until Late May. I have worked for 2 other sites and currently my 2 sites are Xboxgalaxy.com and soon to be XBoxuniverse.com when it's opened. I am now allowing more sites to acquire my services and my articles.

But I work with Public Relations directly for many companies and have recieve these games through the mail to my house. I used to be Caspel-XBA here doing reviews, some previews, interviews and monitoring the dead chat room.

VenoM
08-31-2002, 07:19 PM
Actually I get them for free in the mail. I am a freelance writer. I used to work here at Xboxaddict.com from late March until Late May. I have worked for 2 other sites and currently my 2 sites are Xboxgalaxy.com and soon to be XBoxuniverse.com when it's opened. I am now allowing more sites to acquire my services and my articles.

But I work with Public Relations directly for many companies and have recieve these games through the mail to my house. I used to be Caspel-XBA here doing reviews, some previews, interviews and monitoring the dead chat room.

ohh cool.....if ya ever get tired of them games and wanna sell some...let me know

:)

Caspel
08-31-2002, 07:23 PM
I would sell them but I am now just trying to keep a collection going. From what I know, not many have as much as me but I wouldn't be surprised if someone did have more then myself.

Super Smash TV
08-31-2002, 07:49 PM
When I first saw the thread title, I assumed the message would be something like "shut the hell up, sell your Xbox, and quit bothering us!" It is nice to see some productive message content in it's place.

The only Xbox game I like so far is Halo, but I'm interested in Hitman 2, Mafia, Psychonauts, Medal of Honor: Frontline, Ninja Gaiden and possibly Mech Assault, most of which should be out before 2003. Hopefully, my Xbox wouldn't gather much more dust until Project Ego and BC come out.

Plewis
08-31-2002, 07:54 PM
definite good read although Im playing 3 games right now... so Its not gathering too much dust. NFL 2K3, Morrowind, NHL Hitz 20-02

EHWfedPres
08-31-2002, 08:22 PM
As long as I have Hitz, i'll have no dust on my xbox...that game is great.

Morrowind can get a little less enthusiastic after hitting level 89...

Zion
08-31-2002, 09:10 PM
Anyone who is bored/dissapointed by the Xbox is just not a gamer. Plain and simple.

thebox466
08-31-2002, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Zion
Anyone who is bored/dissapointed by the Xbox is just not a gamer. Plain and simple.

damn straight!

wweomaniac
08-31-2002, 10:36 PM
From your bottom list

Games I would like to own:

Rentals:

I could care less:

twilla
08-31-2002, 10:39 PM
^^
BUMP

There is no dust on my XBOX but there is way too many fingerprints on it! My 7 year old son and my friends can't keep there hands off it!

wweomaniac
08-31-2002, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by twilla
^^
BUMP

There is no dust on my XBOX but there is way too many fingerprints on it! My 7 year old son and my friends can't keep there hands off it! there's a 7 inch layer of dust on my xbox. i haven't touched it that much since May.

thebox466
08-31-2002, 10:41 PM
only games i play now are my sports games, halo, and morrowind

Save me Jebus
09-01-2002, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by wweomaniac
there's a 7 inch layer of dust on my xbox. i haven't touched it that much since May.

damn man clean it up and go buy dead to rights and sega gt when it comes out, i gurantee you that you will keep busy at least once a day

Whisper
09-01-2002, 12:25 AM
im not really depressed by the XBOX getting dusty (sometimes it is, sometimes it isnt) .. but overall, I am dissapointed, I thought it would be much better.

Being honest with myself and all of you, i rank the xbox 7/10 ... I've had problems with it (this is unacceptable) and some of the games are just crap.

But I didn't like PS2 or Gamecube anymore than the XBOX ... so what would I rank those?

maybe I'm just tough to please.

Genesis
09-01-2002, 02:18 AM
I haven't touched my xbox in fricken ages and i only ever use it to play lan games of halo once in a while and for the occasional DVD...other than that it doesn't get much use. Australia/Europe have no buffy, marrowind or silent hill so i really couldn't be arsed waiting for them; I hoped hunter would prove me wrong about the xbox but it was pretty lame. And why do you all hate the PS2 so much? Is it because it's doin better than xbox?

Ulchie
09-02-2002, 02:06 AM
no morrowind can get boring much earlier then that
level 48 and I gaurantee my guy can kick ur ass unless u can do more then 700x200 damage per second(if i drank my 200 potions that are super modded cause i sat there drinking fortify intelligence potions and making more for a day) and can take all me spells when my intelligence is modded(mana limit....what mana limit???? :)
to even touch me u would have to do 14000 damage per second
im not joking im friggin invisible even when dagoth ur hits me he doesnt do a sliver of damage to me
its hilarious man ive got all the best stuff and its way too easy not a single character in the game can even touch me at all
oh and btw, the potions last for 10 morrowind days and recharge 748 damage per second
hehehehehhe
oh and my levitating potions....get this.....25000 levitation points
and I though the shrine of daring was good!!
its crazy im so invincible it doesnt matter
its a cake walk throughout the whole game and I aint going to star again
to put it simple.....nothing beats magic users like mine
unless u sit there for 2 days drinking fortify intelligence potions(to get money to buy the potions i just.....made other potions and sold them to the creeper....if only that damn mudcrab was more accessible)
edit:oh ya forgot to add....my strength is 25000 hahaha through certain means(ever heard of the soul trap your spells thing???well you make a spell that casts like 5 fortify strength 100 spells at the same time and cast soul trap on target for 1 second and boom u have 500 extra strength and its permanent
just put it this way.....i unload everything from my character and I can jump across 3 balmora's length wise
hehehehe
travelling in the game is easy
just put my health potions on and jump away and almost instant destination arrival although not as good as my levitate potions at least I aint stuck levitating for 2 days or going through the walls because i go so fast the game cant recognize me
whew long post

Ulchie
09-02-2002, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by Genesis
I haven't touched my xbox in fricken ages and i only ever use it to play lan games of halo once in a while and for the occasional DVD...other than that it doesn't get much use. Australia/Europe have no buffy, marrowind or silent hill so i really couldn't be arsed waiting for them; I hoped hunter would prove me wrong about the xbox but it was pretty lame. And why do you all hate the PS2 so much? Is it because it's doin better than xbox?
ok....the reason....
1) we get ports from them....and to say the least....the graphics are absolutely horrid and we are tired of developer's taking the lazy way out and just porting it and adding virtually nothing to the game
I mean comon this is xbox not some low life ps2 system
hehe
2) and because if everyone would just try all the systems at once they could make an educated decision on which console to get and the xbox would do considerably better but because of the huge fanbase people just get a ps2 because all their friends have it
if they actually sat in a room with the best of the best for each system and decided on ps2 then I wouldnt be mad at the ps2 but instead they pick ps2 because they figure everyone has it...so i'll get it
people who get xbox....and this is 99% of the time.....have all tried all of the systems yet they find the xbox is the funnest
xbox fanbase would be way higher...probably up near ps2...if gamers were more informed and not under the pressure of their friends to get ps2 and not the "other ****ty systems"
although that isnt for all ps2 owners(some of em just like japanese games and thats their preference and I fully respect that but for the average joe who just likes action packed games, they should be getting xbox but because of their friends or hwo many ps2's have been sold worldwide compared to the other systems they figure that it is the best system around without actually giving the others a try
whew
i am so bored i cant believe I just posted all that lol
thats pretty much it
and the ps2 fanboys diss the xbox without giving it a try(most of the time) simply because they want to feel like their decision to purchase the ps2 was the best decision they could have made....insecurity mostly

Explosivo
09-02-2002, 05:16 AM
great post man

Ulchie
09-02-2002, 04:10 PM
thanks you :)

EHWfedPres
09-02-2002, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by wweomaniac
there's a 7 inch layer of dust on my xbox. i haven't touched it that much since May.

Well I have two things to say about that...

1 - you have a dirty house.

and

2 - I dont wanna know how much dust your PS2 has. ;)

You need to go buy some of the great games out now, and ones that will be out soon.

Ulchie
09-02-2002, 04:39 PM
hehe so true
its wierd though cause at my house I dont play my xbox and it gets very little dust but my friends gets a ****load of dust
guess its just his house