PDA

View Full Version : Kakutou Choujin Look-In !

Shadow20002
08-31-2002, 09:31 PM
Well, we all know that a new fighting game gonna come out in November. So let discuss a little about it. This brand-new standard fighthing could dethrone DOA 3 from being the best hand-to-hand fighting games. With his incredible textures, shadowed-characters and the latest engine of fighting, this game got a big impression for me. So what all of you think about this one ? Could this one to be the next target that everyone want ?

SlightlySycho
08-31-2002, 10:15 PM
Well, it looks stunning. The characters look as detailed as those from a CG movie. The animation is fluid. Moves look devastating. But the backgrounds look fairly similar.
On the other hand, the character roster seems fairly limited. There are . . . what, ten characters? Only one of which is female. Not much variety. And none of them seem that interesting. Of course, they could have good backstories (hope hope).

Either way, I've heard enough hype about it that I'll give it a look. If it's really good, I'll buy it.

ChiZel_MunKee
09-04-2002, 03:44 PM
I think it will be a good game and I didn't like DOA3. The fighting genre is going to be pretty competitive with Kakuto Chojin, Tao Feng and MK5 coming out. Personally I am more anxious to play MK5.

Nato King
09-04-2002, 05:52 PM
http://www.xboxaddict.com/xba/box_art/141.jpg

Kakuto Chojin literally translates to "hand-to-hand fighting superman." It's a gritty street fight. Dark, edgy, and mysterious battles take place in back alleys and on rain-soaked rooftops. Combatants fight with raw emotion using their own styles. There is nothing cute, comical, or cartoon-like about these battles. It's a life-or-death fight for survival. When a fighter strikes, his or her opponent will know it. Kakuto Chojin represents the next level in street-fighting realism.

Screen shots:
http://www.xboxaddict.com/screenshots/images/5314.jpg

http://www.xboxaddict.com/screenshots/images/5307.jpg
The pictures will get better the closer we get to the launch date.:)

DVDGNZ
09-05-2002, 03:02 AM
If I buy more than one fighting game in the huge release list this year it will probably be SC2 and MK:DA. I'm keeping an eye on Tao Feng!

spike spiegel
09-09-2002, 03:36 PM
Yes finally someone else that's looking forward to this title. When I first saw some screens of this game I had to find out more, and way back in the biggining of the year I read an article in XBN. The game sounded really good. It's said to have near perfect physics. The graphics look amazing as well. The game looks like a really dark sorta undrground fighter(like the fight club movie). I can't wait for this title.

Spaztic
09-09-2002, 04:48 PM
Actually I am looking forward to teo fang! Looks cooler, and with tobias boon working it, the game has to be awsome!

Bailey Quarters
09-12-2002, 07:44 AM
http://www.gameteam.com/news/visu_news.php?id=3064

^^ Some screenies you might not have seen (?)

There are at least 4 female characters I've noticed so far -- 3 blondes and 1 reddish-haired brunette -- so Kakuto Chojin (and/or "Kakutou Choujin", for those complete searches) shouldn't come up too short in that category. Why sweat the details of such a beautiful character graphics engine if you won't swing it both ways, eh? :p

SlightlySycho
09-12-2002, 11:26 AM
Excellent.:) I was referring to the E3 trailer. I thought that was the final character roster. And it seemed a little light to me. Here's hoping they have more characters than that.;)

kachingtensor
09-12-2002, 03:23 PM
They better get the fighting right. (Dream Factory/Dream Publishing/Ichii-san & ex-Tobal;), ex-Bouncer:( team)

If they do I'll gladly buy this game, and shill for it on the Net, too! :)

skysaw
10-04-2002, 02:33 PM
I've really been looking forward to this one for the past six months. I thought the trailer was not as fluid as others are saying it is. It looks slightly jerky to me. Not too bad, but it could be smoother.

I think fighting games should use just a touch of motion blur to make things look more natural. Take a look at a movie frame by frame and you'll see fast-moving objects blurred. Why not try to capture that feel in a game?

kachingtensor
10-05-2002, 09:44 AM
Good idea, skysaw.
As long as they left the motion trails to games such as Soul Calibur.

Just don't overdo it.

Brutal Grace
10-12-2002, 08:17 AM
I heard Kakutou-C is likely to be delayed to an early 2003 release. Bummer.:(