PDA

View Full Version : sweet ass controller! most comfortable controller yet!

Infinite
11-08-2001, 03:10 PM
Yea I was looking thru sum controllers on the internet when i came to a one made by POWERPAD

It was rated 4/4! and is built similar to the japan vrsion with skinner handles! I think this controller is gonna eb better than even microsofts!:)

heres a pic!http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00005OSTH.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

also its only 25.00. 15 dollars less than microsofts.

mojo__31
11-08-2001, 03:14 PM
all the reviews I have read say the Interact one is a lighter cheaper alternative to the original and will appeal to those looking for something low priced. The Higher end ones are the Thrustmaster U-Pad, Mad Catz Pro Pad, and Gamesters. A few others are in between. Another cheap one that is almost exactly shaped like the original is the Pelican model.

l Maximus l
11-08-2001, 04:47 PM
I already have my extra Microsoft made, genuine bad ass, smooth gripping, orgasmic feeling controller...

But, cool news anyway :D

-Max

Aragorn
11-08-2001, 05:25 PM
hmm, I beg to differ, but then again my alternative is over $200

Destroyer
11-08-2001, 05:50 PM
what baout these ones?
http://www.funxbox.com/peripherals/controller.jpg
http://www.funxbox.com/peripherals/firestorm.jpg
http://www.funxbox.com/peripherals/controller2.jpg

FOX-HOUND
11-08-2001, 06:16 PM
Those are some cool looking controllers! ...and the price makes me smile. ;)

jeah
11-08-2001, 06:17 PM
For those who have held an xbox contoller, are the black and white buttons easy to use? From pics of the controllers they almost look out of reach. Any thoughts?

mojo__31
11-08-2001, 06:40 PM
Destroyer, those are the three I posted about, lol.

Destroyer
11-09-2001, 10:11 AM
shhh! let my contibution go untainted! plus some others may not have seen them !

l Maximus l
11-09-2001, 11:52 AM
Honestly, how often are you going to use the white and black buttons? Probably not too often...maybe in games like NFL Fever...but, even then, it's only when you play offense and you want to throw to a specific receiver. Besides, I can reach them easily...it took me a moment to get used to...but, you will like it...and especially like the fact that they feel a little different than the other four buttons so you don't get mixed up.

scarecrow kfj
11-09-2001, 12:39 PM
I havnt even tried snif snif I have only polayed for tem mins... I need to go hang out in a mall like a kid again :D

fanofslipknotib
11-09-2001, 01:12 PM
I got an extra controller yesturday, And it is Microsofts. Like I've said a few times before, my third party N64 controller broke quickly, and I dont want it happening again.

jeah
11-09-2001, 01:13 PM
Thanks Maximus.... just wanted to get an opinion on those buttons.

l Maximus l
11-09-2001, 05:06 PM
Jeah...hey, no problem :) The black and white buttons are going to be similar to N64's yellow buttons on their controllers...which were used a lot....except for some games. Hey, when you need them, they are there :)

Like all new controllers, they take a while to get used to. I can tell already that the XBox controllers will be my new favorites :p

WynnFire
11-09-2001, 10:23 PM
I think the 3rd party controllers look pretty cool too but, are they pressure sensitive like Microsoft's official controller?? In the latest EGM where they have the Xbox VS GameCube debate they says that all six buttons on the controller are analog and can face 256 degrees of pressure. Are the cheaper alternatives like that too? Until I know, I will stick with Microsoft's Controller for now. Yes even though the Thrustmaster controller has been certified by Microsoft.

mojo__31
11-10-2001, 08:40 AM
Review of Interacts Powerpad at IGN

Overall:
Even though it's a bit cheaper than the Xbox controller, I found that the PowerPad didn't respond well enough in key areas of specific games to make it worthwhile, even as a cheaper purchase. Cheaper and moderate is a good deal -- cheaper and getting killed in games because the buttons won't respond is something else entirely. The feel and the fit of the PowerPad is good if you're into the Xbox weight and size, and the layout is identical, but unfortunately, the controls and response are not.

From what I have read, Thrustmasters U-Pad is the only one with that is all analog and pressure sensative like the Microsoft one. Stick with the original unless you want a different shape or control positions, but be careful of the cheap ones!

Dr_J
11-10-2001, 09:25 AM
I've only played Halo with the MS controller. The only thing I can see the black and white buttons being used for is turning the flashlight on and off. I wil admit, the controller takes some getting used to....but, ALL controllers take some getting used to. However, after playing Halo for a few minutes, I can tell this is a sweet controller. The buttons are easy to reach and the sticks are very resonsive.

Pieson123
11-10-2001, 04:41 PM
Well, i bought the InterAct controller, and it works fine, it is wider, but it is comfy. I dont know what they were talking about, cuz my controller works just fine, i really like it, a good controller for a cheap price. But ill just end up making my friends use it:~) if u ask me, the two 3rd party controllers i would buy, are InterAct and Thrustmaster.

Dasutin
11-11-2001, 10:06 AM
All i have to say is... the xbox controller is the worst controller ever made! the first pick looks exactly like it, but check out the d-pad, don't you hate that. the green one, looks good, and the d-pad is ok, but the grip looks uncomfortable, it sould be smooth, but made out of rubber. the third picture.... uh... don't know what to say except, uh.... um.... the forth one is just as bad as he third one, the only one thats looks good is the second, all except for the grip. the black and white buttons are hard to reach, and the analog stick sticks out too far, its uncomfortable. i've also used the gamecube controller, it fits comfortably in my hand, but the buttons are not in good reach and the c-stick just sucks, really the best controller is playstation, and 64, if ya wanna count it.

Azimiza-XBA
11-11-2001, 10:16 AM
OH GOD that Thrustmaster controller looks so UGLY!!! EW PUKE!

That MadCatz one is really cool. I think that'll be the 3rd party controller I get if I get a 3rd party controller.