PDA

View Full Version : Splinter Cell - a new beggining

adzmullz1
09-01-2002, 02:33 PM
Does anyone else think this game will make people rethink gaming forever . It looks absolutely fantastic !. Extremley realistic atmospheres , the best graphics ever , and awesome gameplay . The only possible drawback i can see for this game is that there maybe too much stealth and not enough killin' of afghanistan thugs !!!:)

thebox466
09-01-2002, 02:44 PM
Its too early to say, blood wake was about this hyped and it sucked

Professor Kaos
09-01-2002, 02:58 PM
how do u know what the gameplay is like? i think its hard to tell from what i saw on extended play. yeah the graphics are amazing but i dont completely like the idea of being stealthy. i enjoy running into a room gunz a blazin' and whoopin marjor ass:cool:.

Tinny
09-01-2002, 03:09 PM
Um, Splinter Cell is a stealth 'em up so you have to expect the game play to be based around that and not too much action. From the trailer I've seen it looks like a great damn game. The stuff you can do and the equipment are really nice. I'm betting it will be better then MGS2 but I don't know by how much. I just want to know how easy the controls are...

Hmm... a stealth 'em up being too stealthy... basically same as saying you don't want too much combat in Halo: Combat Evolve then eh? :p :D No offense, but this game is about stealth and saying there might be "too much stealth" in the game is quite ridiculous. Plus you only have to get shot a couple (2/3) times before you go down. Realism here is quite important, like all the Tom Clancy games. So don't expect too much action (though there will be plenty I guess).

thebox466
09-01-2002, 03:10 PM
it probly will be better than mgs2

ice_141
09-01-2002, 03:18 PM
This game is going to rule.

Comic Book Guy
09-01-2002, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by ice_141
This game is going to rule.
Agreed!

EHWfedPres
09-01-2002, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by thebox466
Its too early to say, blood wake was about this hyped and it sucked

Yeah, well in Blood Wake, all you did was ride around in a boat blasting stuff...Splinter Cell is so much more in-depth it's not even worth bringing up the name Blood Wake...:rolleyes:

Slacker
09-01-2002, 05:11 PM
The makers have said in almost every interview ever about splinter cell, that you can just shoot em up , but you better things happen if your stealthy, so go through it blazin if you wan't but Im a stealth nut, so I will be sneaking and climbing poles , doing the Van Dam on the cieling and sniping , using my fiber optic camera to look under doors, using the sticky bullet cams, and the noisemakers,,ect,,,,ect,,,,ect,,,,this game will rule,

adzmullz1
09-01-2002, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Slacker
The makers have said in almost every interview ever about splinter cell, that you can just shoot em up , but you better things happen if your stealthy, so go through it blazin if you wan't but Im a stealth nut, so I will be sneaking and climbing poles , doing the Van Dam on the cieling and sniping , using my fiber optic camera to look under doors, using the sticky bullet cams, and the noisemakers,,ect,,,,ect,,,,ect,,,,this game will rule,

it keeps sounding better all the time ! (i have'nt heard about the fibre optic cameras..............AWESOME !)

Magnum Blast
09-01-2002, 05:58 PM
I dont think this will be a revolutionary title but I think it will be great none the less.

Professor Kaos
09-01-2002, 06:01 PM
i think it will b good, but im still probably only gonna rent it becuase of the lack of action as in gunfights and so on.

tamim
09-01-2002, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Slacker
sounds kinda like no one lives forever ;)

MixMasta
09-01-2002, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres

Yeah, well in Blood Wake, all you did was ride around in a boat blasting stuff...Splinter Cell is so much more in-depth it's not even worth bringing up the name Blood Wake...:rolleyes:

uhhh....bloodwake....shudder

about sc, ill pick this up if it gets good reviews and i like it, but im also planning on getting mgs2

hook-worm J
09-01-2002, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Playya
i enjoy running into a room gunz a blazin' and whoopin marjor ass:cool:.

Then this game isn't for you :D

GO BUCCS!!!
09-01-2002, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by adzmullz1
Does anyone else think this game will make people rethink gaming forever . It looks absolutely fantastic !. Extremley realistic atmospheres , the best graphics ever , and awesome gameplay . The only possible drawback i can see for this game is that there maybe too much stealth and not enough killin' of afghanistan thugs !!!:) this game iz gonna r00l! i don't care if you get to kill afgani thugz or israeli mossad thugz, it's still gonna 0WN!
:)

GO BUCCS!!!
09-01-2002, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by tamim

sounds kinda like no one lives forever ;) i think it sounds more like a syphon filter or mgs on steroids.
btw - NOLF was a fps, and splinter cell doesn't seem like it will be like it in any way at all. *shruggs*
:D

EHWfedPres
09-01-2002, 10:22 PM
Splinter cell will be good if it has very deep gameplay, as in being able to do many, many things. Otherwise, it will get boring way too fast.

but my the looks of it, its gonna be great.

Ulchie
09-02-2002, 01:38 AM
I fell into the bloodwake and wreckless game trap
since then i havent bought a game without reviewing it
I have only 2 games for xbox (halo and morrowind) and ive played morrowind out and i still play halo(got xbox nov.16 with halo) system link=unlimited replayability
now i just want some good games
havent u guys noticed that there are just so many crappy games for each system....its horrible
i just hope it doesnt get worse the next generation of games(ps3 xbox 2 etc.)
it has been getting worse steadily I think
ever since snes it has gotten worse each generation(2 generations) psx had a lot of crap and a lot of good and nintendo 64....well there wasnt much games to begin with lol, now gamecube xbox and ps2 all have 95-99% ****ty games
it really is quite sad
xbox quality control....phhhff

Raven187
09-02-2002, 01:39 AM
if you like stealth games you need to get the hitman 2 demo for pc you gotta think in that game man