PDA

View Full Version : Sweaty palms

aronx
11-08-2001, 04:07 PM
One week remains until the official release of the XBox. To date, I do not have a pre-order and I have no plan for Nov. 15. So my question is, should I search around for stores taking pre-orders or chance it and camp out in front of best buy Nov. 15?

benz_300sl
11-08-2001, 04:11 PM
look for pre-orders man! Honestly, if you can find one, GET IT, its REALLY not worth the risk of waiting in line...there are some NUTS people who will do anything for one, and they will be like camped out for a few days...lol, but then again...if i had to...i'd camp out:D :D

XBOX Dude
11-08-2001, 04:37 PM
trust me you won't find a preorder the only options are to either wait or camp out, me i'm gonna break out the campin equpiment

l Maximus l
11-08-2001, 04:39 PM
I'm camping outside the retail store that I work for part-time....and I am starting at 9:00pm November 14th. Yes, it will be a long night...but, the key thing is that I know exaclty how many XBoxes there are going to be, so, it won't be a risk. If there are too many people in line, I will resort to pre-ordering...But, I highly doubt that I will have to. I don't want a bundle...I want the console by itself and buy the games seperately from my hookup who works for Microsoft (I get four games for $40-60 for all of them!! :D)

Xbox M.D.
11-08-2001, 08:23 PM
Haha...Maximus and some other drunks dissed Texas in one of <b>MY</b> previous threads. At least here we know where to go to get the box. I got my XBox preordered and got a free plane ticket to anywhere. Haha, not only do I not have to camp but I can take my XBox on vacation with me...TAKE THAT!!

Jason1010
11-08-2001, 09:01 PM
save yourself some stress and go order at ebgames.com but do it fast they are on limited supply

kiz10
11-08-2001, 09:45 PM
I'm camping outside Walmart in Baton Rouge, Lousiana tomorrow in pursuit of the Ultimate Gaming Tool, THE XBOX. It'll probably be boring but when a XBOX is involved nothing is boring.

CharlesDD2
11-08-2001, 10:17 PM
I'm so glad I ordered mine online, I don't have to go anywhere to pick it up, just have to listen for the door and there will be my xbox, second controller, dvd kit etc....

Dan Livingston
11-08-2001, 10:46 PM
I'm splitting the cost with my brothers, and I didn't like the pre-order choices. I'll be camping out, but so far i haven't made up my mind yet on where i should camp out. Best Buy is also my best bet, but, because it stays open, I don't know what will happen. Will there be a roped-off line out front? will it be inside? will we wander around the store or coagulate in front of the xbox display?