PDA

View Full Version : Rainbow 6 III - orgainization, or frag fest?

EHWfedPres
09-01-2002, 08:47 PM
I was wondering...tactical shooters like RB6:3 and Ghost Recon and others, they were meant to have an element of organization behind them, but with younger kids playing online, I dont think they will understand that...which would take the fun out of the games...what do you think?

Reclaimer
09-02-2002, 05:40 AM
I'm in total agreeance. R6 is not meant to be a run and gun types game. You need a squad and a good one too. Planning is just as important as execution. I really don't think these games are going to hit very well with the younger crowds. I think it will ruin the online experience when your squad must face hordes of runaway kids playing the game like a run and gun.

Sargent_Ryan
09-02-2002, 11:06 AM
Did either of you even ever play one of these games online? I played rogue spear for around a year and I still love that game but don't play it because my computer is too slow. But it doesn't matter much at all if your in a group or not. At some places it does when others have a certain start point and you can trap them in there if your team can get there fast enough. But other than that if people go solo they can do more damage than the team sometimes. But I noticed most of the time there is always a 2 or 3 people following each other around and I know that there was a lot of kids playing that game then. I just hope that all the multiplayer maps on the new games are as good as they were in rogue spear. And there will also be people who run around teamkilling your own guys like there always was in that game so I just hope that you can boot them from the game.

Comic Book Guy
09-22-2002, 05:40 PM
Cooperative online with R6 sucks when you have little *******s that just want to **** you off. I always played sniper and team VS. team. If you get yourself in a good team than it is awesome. If they keep all the multiplayer elements that they had in Rogue Spear then it will be awesome.

And, EHWfedPres - why do you call it RB6:III , isn't it Raven Shield?

Xtopia
10-01-2002, 01:31 PM
Well, that is why you should join a clan. Everybody is skilled, and you gererally play other good guys...No probs, just awesome gaiming!

Carnage
10-01-2002, 04:36 PM
cs online is the same way
the younger kids run around like theyre playing quake. heh then they get friggen owned by you, and start screamin "h4x!!!" :D

hqcosniper
10-02-2002, 06:27 PM
I wouldn't be to worried about kids ruining the expereince of playing the games. One thing you should understand though is that in real combat, strategies and planning are essential parts to getting ready for an egagement, wants the lead starts to fly even the most disciplined soldier drops all strategy and just lets loose. The only one who wouldn't do this is the sniper and his spotter. But every other grunt on the ground is just busting caps in any direction they think fire is coming from. Some of the greatest victories come when there is very little planning and it's all instinct. I don't mean to sound like a military snob here but I speak with first hand knowledge, in games as well as real life. Anyway just my opinion!!!:D

X-Ray
10-13-2002, 02:35 AM
Well, when you encounter good players, which you can via quickmatch or by playing fellow Xbox Addicts, you'll find tht this, fortunately, won't happen too much...I hope.

Arven
10-13-2002, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
I was wondering...tactical shooters like RB6:3 and Ghost Recon and others, they were meant to have an element of organization behind them, but with younger kids playing online, I dont think they will understand that...which would take the fun out of the games...what do you think?

This is what concerns me the most about Xbox Live. I don't want to have to play with -- or listen to -- little kids running around like crazy (I have enough of that in real life). I want to be "immersed," and having kids running rampant will ruin the immersion. Not to mention the game itself. That's what I'm afraid of, anyhow.

EHWfedPres
10-15-2002, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Arven

This is what concerns me the most about Xbox Live. I don't want to have to play with -- or listen to -- little kids running around like crazy (I have enough of that in real life). I want to be "immersed," and having kids running rampant will ruin the immersion. Not to mention the game itself. That's what I'm afraid of, anyhow.

a good thing to do is kick all the little kids that dont want to play the game the way its supposed to...or make people yell ****, ****, ****, damn, ***, mothe****er, ****head, ****, and other words like that every now and then and try to keep the kids from buying the game in the first place...but we would need to have the retards at the video game stores actually enforce the 18 year old rule for mature games...