PDA

View Full Version : What are the Top 5 worst games!!!

rio2012
09-01-2002, 10:27 PM
What are the top 5 worst games ever to appear on your TV screen!!!:cool:

EHWfedPres
09-01-2002, 11:04 PM
Too many to list...Final Fantasy games, Devil may cry, Tony Hawk games, wwf raw, smackdown games, etc. I hate them.

max payn
09-02-2002, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
Tony Hawk games, wwf raw, smackdown games, etc. I hate them.

get out of here. tony hawk games are the best games known to man and xbox

EHWfedPres
09-02-2002, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by max payn

Im afraid thats only your opinion...which I dont care about. :)

ScorpionX
09-02-2002, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by max payn

No, Tony Hawk games are now lame, the first two were good, but it is getting out of hand with 3, 4, 5, etc. I hope they are realizing that Tony Hawk is old.

There are tons of horrible games but a few that stand out are Hexen, Wreckless and Kabuki Warriors

Liquid Gears
09-02-2002, 02:33 PM
Morrowind, Crazy Taxi 3, Kabuki Warriors. That's about all I can think of now.

mrusa15
09-02-2002, 04:12 PM
Kubuki Warriors, WWF Raw, BloodWake, UFC, HALO

No just kidding Halo rocks!!!!!

EHWfedPres
09-02-2002, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Liquid Gears
Morrowind, Crazy Taxi 3, Kabuki Warriors. That's about all I can think of now.

You deserve to die a horrible death...Morrowind is one of the greatest games ever made...if not the best RPG. (hard to tell between that and Ultima VIII...)

Whats so bad about Morrowind?

Liquid Gears
09-02-2002, 07:56 PM

You deserve to die a horrible death...Morrowind is one of the greatest games ever made...if not the best RPG. (hard to tell between that and Ultima VIII...)

Everything!!

When I rented, I started playing it for about 2 minutes and then I when back to Blockbuster and exchanged it for another game because it was such a bad game. Your a MORN if you like Morrowind. Best games ever made?!?!?! Phff.......dumb@ss. :rolleyes:

X-Killer
09-02-2002, 08:07 PM
Liquid Gears, you didn't explain $hit.

Bruce Lee, Kabuki Warriors, Smashing Drive, WWF Raw, Shrek.

Reclaimer
09-03-2002, 04:56 AM
007 Agent Under Fire: so-so graphics, mp-maps too small, zero A.I. for the enemy, poor weapon graphics, gameplay not very involving. Got bored with the game very quickly. Multi player was stupid compared to Halo.

WWF Raw: Small percentage of wrestlers are not even close to what they look like in real life. Wrestlers walk like they are retarded. Game lacks match types, no soundtrack feature, career mode too short. No save in progress feature, controls are sluggish, too many has been or no name wrestlers featured, amazing lack of good wrestlers. Never could live up to the hype.

Bloodwake. Hard to say it. I haven't owned too many games. I got rid of this game plus the other two I mentioned. The reason I got rid of this game was because once I conquered it, I never played it again. I had great graphics and it was good in concept, but I just had no need for another multiplayer game. It was tough getting rid of this game, but I had too because I didn't want to keep games I don't play, and this one fetched the lowest trade in price.

Snapple
09-03-2002, 07:01 AM
fusion frensy,starwars jedi starfighter,cel damage,mad dash racing, and silent hill 2

AcidJazz
09-03-2002, 07:34 AM
I'll name Top 5 worst games on Xbox(from what I played):

5. Spider-man
4. Gun Valkyrie
3. Arctic Thunder
2. Dark Summit
1. Crazy Taxi 3

My opinion...

CrazyCougar
09-03-2002, 07:37 AM
Mike Tyson Boxing, Morrowwind, 007, 4x4 Evo , Fusion Frenzy

Zion
09-03-2002, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by AcidJazz
I'll name Top 5 worst games on Xbox(from what I played):

5. Spider-man
4. Gun Valkyrie
3. Arctic Thunder
2. Dark Summit
1. Crazy Taxi 3

My opinion...

Arctic Thunder. My God. I thought this game HAD to be a blast. I've never played a game that was SO fast that it's not fun. You go so fast that you can't even see where you're going and you don't know where you are and you can't pick up any power ups...just an awful game. Give me Hydro Thunder any day!

Crazy Taxi 3. By itself, I would like this game. But, it's the same thing as Crazy Taxi..the graphics might not even be as good. CT3 should have been the bomb. Instead, it did bomb.

FuNkY mOnK
09-03-2002, 06:06 PM

Everything!!

When I rented, I started playing it for about 2 minutes and then I when back to Blockbuster and exchanged it for another game because it was such a bad game. Your a MORN if you like Morrowind. Best games ever made?!?!?! Phff.......dumb@ss. :rolleyes:
Calling someone a moron because he or she likes a game, is totally uncalled for and only turns positive threads into a cute wittle sandbox.

mahalan
09-04-2002, 02:10 PM
Five worst games:

1. Morrowind - Pointless, buggy, simplistic, need I go on?
2. Circus Maximus - Did anyone think this game was fun?
3. WWF Raw - Almost as bad as Circus Maximus.
4. UFC Tapout - Lots of hype. Little fun.
5. Spiderman - The toughest enemy was the camera angle.

darianX
09-04-2002, 02:19 PM
Morrowind "simplistic"? I don't get that at all...I played that game every day for a few days shy of 2 months before completing 2 major quests. It was the #6 selling game of the month in console sales in August...

mahalan
09-04-2002, 02:30 PM
Yes, simplistic. The ONLY quest that takes any brainpower whatsoever is the one where you're given wrong directions to the location. Everything else is a matter of straightforward deliver this, pick up that, talk to them, kill this. The game's nothing more than a bunch of simple little quests strung together.

There's no thought or challenge whatsoever. The only time I ever died was when I decided to see how high of a platform I could jump from. Tactics? Who needs them. Strategy? What's that?

Personally, I see Morrowind as an RPG for the mentally challenged and exceptionally tolerant (of bugs).

Young_Fledgling
09-05-2002, 11:12 PM
kabuki warriors, winback, triple play 2002, arctic thunder, and gun metal..... heheh i do not like gun metal.

Kortiz
09-08-2002, 07:32 PM
what did you think was bad about gunmetel?

i havnt played it but once at Best Buy for like 5 minutes.

the graphics look sweet to me and it looked like the gameplay was pretty good, what was bad about it? i have been contemplating on buying it.

Reclaimer
09-08-2002, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by ChickenSHHHH
what did you think was bad about gunmetel?

i havnt played it but once at Best Buy for like 5 minutes.

the graphics look sweet to me and it looked like the gameplay was pretty good, what was bad about it? i have been contemplating on buying it.

I like the game. I've had it for a little while. But I still can't seem to get the controls just the way I want them to be. There's only a few ways to configure the controls. But you know what the cool thing is? Stomping metal ass listening to your own custom soundtrack.

cyberslacker0
09-08-2002, 07:48 PM
12 I Have to say the five worst games are......

1. Azurik
2. Bruce Lee

cyberslacker0
09-08-2002, 07:50 PM
12 I Have to say the five worst games are......

1. Azurik
2. Bruce Lee
3. Mad Dash
4. Prisoner Of War
5. Taz Wanted

Only Death will bring Rebirth

pieceofmind83
09-08-2002, 11:09 PM
Kabuki Warriors
Morrowind
UFC Tapout
Mad Dash
Dark Summit

mahalan

2. Circus Maximus - Did anyone think this game was fun?

I loved Circus Maximus,i think it's kick ass game.

spike spiegel
09-09-2002, 04:04 PM
I'd say that my top crappy games are(for xbox at least)

kabuki warriors,newlegens and that's about all the crap games I've rented

mahalan
09-09-2002, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by pieceofmind83
mahalan

To be honest, I don't have a lot of playtime on Circus Maximus. I rented it from Blockbuster and gave it one evening before returning it. I've heard the multiplayer is pretty good but I found the single player unrewarding. My primary problems with it were:

a) whenever I'd build a lead, the AI got better and caught up.
b) whenever I got behind, the AI didn't get worse so one crash resulted in my never being able to catch up.
c) with only one player, the combat portion of the game was pretty useless.

These problems may have been a function of my inexperience with the game. I honestly don't know.

EHWfedPres
09-10-2002, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by mahalan
Yes, simplistic. The ONLY quest that takes any brainpower whatsoever is the one where you're given wrong directions to the location. Everything else is a matter of straightforward deliver this, pick up that, talk to them, kill this. The game's nothing more than a bunch of simple little quests strung together.

There's no thought or challenge whatsoever. The only time I ever died was when I decided to see how high of a platform I could jump from. Tactics? Who needs them. Strategy? What's that?

Personally, I see Morrowind as an RPG for the mentally challenged and exceptionally tolerant (of bugs).

Morrowind is far from simple...and it does take some form of intelligence to be good at the game, which is why you are probably complaining...we dont care that you suck at it.

I bet you didnt know that if you max out your endurance, getting x5 for each level once you start, you will have the most health you can possibly have. I bet you didnt know that you can make your own magical items and spells...I have a full set of enchanted Daedric armor...lets see you try to find that. And who really cares about the damn quests, the game is about adventuring and having fun and not doing what someone tells you to do and doing what you want.

If you still have the game, lets talk again after you get to level 2. ;)

maximan00
09-11-2002, 09:27 AM
Two things first..

1. How many of you have actually played Kabuki Warriors? Yes, it is a very bad game but how many of you have actually experienced it? If you cant give it an honest analysis then it shouldnt be on your list.

2. If you play Morrowind for only 2 minutes and then shut it off, there is no way in hell you can give it an accurate analysis. Im am so sick of the people that think a game sucks because the intro is lacking. Now, I think that Morrowind is an okay game thus far, I have only put about 2 hours into it. I am not going to say it is great but I am sure not going to say it sucks because I havent finished it yet. Some people just need to grow up.

My top 5 least fav games:
1. Cel Damage
2. NHL 2002
3. Spiderman
4. Star Wars Starfighter
5. All Star Baseball 2002

Zion
09-11-2002, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by pieceofmind83
Kabuki Warriors
Morrowind
UFC Tapout
Mad Dash
Dark Summit

mahalan

Yeah, Circus Maximus is sweet! I don't understand how anyone couldn't enjoy this game.

EHWfedPres
09-11-2002, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by maximan00
If you play Morrowind for only 2 minutes and then shut it off, there is no way in hell you can give it an accurate analysis. Im am so sick of the people that think a game sucks because the intro is lacking. Now, I think that Morrowind is an okay game thus far, I have only put about 2 hours into it. I am not going to say it is great but I am sure not going to say it sucks because I havent finished it yet. Some people just need to grow up.

Yeah, some people dont even get out of Seyda Neen and think its a bad game...try playing as a level 112 character like I have, and then you'll think its the greatest game ever made.

BullitNC
09-13-2002, 11:24 AM
1) Bruce Lee....worst game I'e ever stuck in my XBOX. Total Crap.
2) EA's baseball game 2003.......1st time I played it I hit 8 home runs in about 2 innings. No thanks.
3) Turok...quite easily one of the most unfinished games I've played. Nonexistent AI, glitches and bugs galore, terrible control, and many more faults I won't even try to explain. Halo set the standard for FPS games on XBOX....any game coming out now better have it's $hIt together. Turok doesn't.
4) Spiderman....selling on name alone. A very boring game, with mdeiocre graphics. Practically every 3 console game is going ot be less than it could be for XBOX. You get the lowest common denominator version after it's been watered down for Cube and PS2.
5) Dead to Rights......copycat clone game with the worst control scheme ever, **** poor graphics (cut scenes and movies are NOT graphics) and clunky gameplay. Max Payne was good, but not great and still better.

cenobite
09-13-2002, 07:08 PM

Everything!!

Obviously, since the game is approx. 200-500 hours long, two minutes wasn't enough to judge. But, I played a lot of Daggerfall, the second of the Elder Scrolls , so I must be biased toward open-ended, wonderfully conceived, masterfully executed freedom in gameplay. I must be a MORN.

Final Fantasy X. Hands down, worst game I ever played for 120 hours. That could be moron status, dunno. Demo of Fusion Frenzy led me to believe it was really, really bad. And, er...The Bible Tales for the NES. Save baby Moses!!!

EHWfedPres
09-13-2002, 07:55 PM
yeah, Liquid Gears probably didnt even get out of Seyda Neen, lol. :)

tWoTOMA
09-14-2002, 08:15 PM
5. JSFR - Call me crazy (and I know you will), but this game did nothing for me. NOTHING! I popped it in once, then quickly took it out when i found out all I had to do was find things and press the a button. I don't get the hype.
4. WWF Raw - When I heard THQ was making a WWF game for Xbox, I immediately thought of the terrific Wrestlemania 2000 for N64. Instead, you get this crap with no career mode, no saving after the match, the worst fighting system ever in a wrestling game (which is bad considering WCW Nitro for PS1), and very stiff graphics. This game was supposed to be one of the hot launch titles, then it got delayed and I figured they were taking thier time to make a great game. Alas, not so.
3. Bruce Lee - Dated graphics, boring controls, and a terrible waste of a license. I could have made a great game about Bruce Lee, but they wasted it on this crap.
2. Dark Summit - What kind of concept for a game is this? Blend Resident Evil with Amped? WTF?!
1. Arctic Thunder - Why make this game?

Close calls:
Wreckless - If not for the best graphics of any game to date, this would be on the list.
Kabuki Warriors - It sucked, but I just don't hate it as much as JSRF, so it gets cut.
New Legends - Everyone hates this game, but I honestly don't. It's not bad, it's just nothing that keeps me involved. It's on this list for the same reasons it was made: just because.
Mike Tyson - Same thing as Bruce Lee. How canyou blow a game with the privilage of haivng the greatest boxer of all time attached to it. Why not make a remake of Punch-Out?
Madden 2003 - New sidearm throws! Wow! These games have always sucked. No inside running game, awful tackling animations, rounded cuts, easy passing, and GIANT HEADS! They knew 2K3 was coming and all they could do was add sidearm throws? And what was the logic by not supporting XBL? EA are idiots. I can't believe these are the people that make the great FIFA games!

EHWfedPres
09-14-2002, 10:33 PM
Uh, THQ dosent make the games...AKI made the N64 wrestling games, Yukes (or as I like to say...Pukes) made the terrible PS2 wrestling games, and Anchor made RAW...which was pretty fuking pathetic...

Supperdog
09-16-2002, 04:24 PM

Your a MORN

I'M a morn? its moron, moron. and it's "you're" not your

gah i hate when people do that

mahalan
09-17-2002, 05:43 PM

Morrowind is far from simple...and it does take some form of intelligence to be good at the game, which is why you are probably complaining...we dont care that you suck at it.

I bet you didnt know that if you max out your endurance, getting x5 for each level once you start, you will have the most health you can possibly have. I bet you didnt know that you can make your own magical items and spells...I have a full set of enchanted Daedric armor...lets see you try to find that. And who really cares about the damn quests, the game is about adventuring and having fun and not doing what someone tells you to do and doing what you want.

If you still have the game, lets talk again after you get to level 2. ;)

LOL. Yes, I did know those things. I also know that because of a bug, you can't become Archmagister of House Telvanni. I also know that the game crashes all of the time. I also know that there's NOTHING in the game that's the least bit threatening to a character past it's mid-20's.

Like I said in my original post, my character only died TWICE (both due to boredom related experimentation). It's level 40+. It's finished the Telvanni quest, Mage guild quest, Fighters guild quest, main quest, has a Goldbrand and Azura's star, too much enchanted daedric, ebony, glass, and dwarven crap to count. It's killed Vivec. I left to go to the bathroom during the Dagoth Ur battle since he wasn't even scratching me. The game is a JOKE.

People don't hate Morrowind because they're morons and find it difficult. Only a moron would think Morrowind was anything close to being challenging.

EHWfedPres
09-17-2002, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by mahalan

LOL. Yes, I did know those things. I also know that because of a bug, you can't become Archmagister of House Telvanni. I also know that the game crashes all of the time. I also know that there's NOTHING in the game that's the least bit threatening to a character past it's mid-20's.

Like I said in my original post, my character only died TWICE (both due to boredom related experimentation). It's level 40+. It's finished the Telvanni quest, Mage guild quest, Fighters guild quest, main quest, has a Goldbrand and Azura's star, too much enchanted daedric, ebony, glass, and dwarven crap to count. It's killed Vivec. I left to go to the bathroom during the Dagoth Ur battle since he wasn't even scratching me. The game is a JOKE.

People don't hate Morrowind because they're morons and find it difficult. Only a moron would think Morrowind was anything close to being challenging.

Listen, anyone at all can go to a website and find out crap like that and have not even played the game...you must have no sence of enjoyment because Morrowind is an amazingly fun game, and people would not be playing it if it was not fun.

And if you knew anything about the game, you would realize that the Goldbrand is a pretty pathetic weapon...compared to others. If you even beat the game, you would have mentioned Keening and Sunder, and wraithguard...

mahalan
09-18-2002, 08:14 AM
LOL.

Keening, Sunder, and Wraithguard???

Wraithguard is not a weapon. It's a guantlet. Yes, my char did wear it. As for Keening and Sunder, who needed them? My char was skill lvl 100 for longblades (did not use hammers or shortblades), he hit EVERY time with the Goldbrand and never took substantial damage beyond what he could regen from life replenishment. Yes, there are better weapons (even longblades) but who needs them? You can kill anything in a couple hits with the Goldbrand (except Dagoth Ur who can only be killed with Keening and Sunder). Even Vivec fell in a few hits. So was the Goldbrand pathetic? Not in comparison to the "challenges" presented in the game.

Was Morrowind fun? No. The fact of the matter is that the vast majority of males are very goal oriented. They thrive on accomplishing small tasks. Morrowind is aimed exactly at that principle. Deliver this. Ask this person about X. Escort Y to Z. Any of this challenging? Not even close. Any of this fun? Hardly. Did the "game" drain a lot of peoples' time? Yes. Because many of them wanted to complete the next task to see what was around the corner. What they found was nothing.

Chr0nik
09-18-2002, 11:49 AM
1. WWF RAW
2. Kabuki Warriors
3. Air force delta
4. Dead or Alive 3
5. Formula 1 racing

cenobite
09-18-2002, 05:30 PM
Mahala, if you didn't enjoy the game, why the hell are you an expert? I played 120 hours of ****e FFX, but it was me roommate's and I had nothing better to do. I've got to hear your excuse. I've put it mebbe 80/90 hours on morrowind (haven't had it that long) and it seems like you've got the wrong idea. I played Daggerfall on me old PC for countless hours, enjoyed myself greatly, and didn't do a single frikkin quest. The point is, the gamer is free (FREEDOM?!?!?GASP!!!I want order, rules and authority! TELL ME WHERE TO GO, WHAT TO DO, PLEASE!!) to CHOOSE not to do any of those things. That is the revolution that bethesda has been perfecting and polishing with each new addition. Except battlespire, which didn't work. At all, seriously, out of the box, it didn't work. Your character just fell in water upon spawning in the first dungeon and drowned. I was so amused that I didn't hold it against them. Anyway, my point is, the game is what you take from it. You want it to be 'escort X to Z,' 'deliver B to Y,' that's what you get. Did you swim into the oceans to find underwater dungeons? Did you fiddle with the magic system to jump and bound over mountaintops? Did you find the mudcrab who'll buy any item? If so, did you do so without an FAQ? EXPLORE? Well, hmmm...then show these programmers, artists, musicians, [on and on] some well deserved respect. Geezus, they took time to write tales and history to fill books. Rock on, Bethesda. Ranks up with id software in my book.

mahalan
09-19-2002, 10:05 AM
cenobite,

Yes, you're free to do any boring thing you'd like. You're free to read poorly written novelettes that no self-respecting Barnes & Noble would put on their markdown shelves. You're free to be assaulted by countless creatures who fall from a single whack from your blade. You're free to watch your game crash every 20 minutes. You're free to wander around in beautiful landscapes among terribly animated npcs. You're free to accomplish hundreds of pointless tasks which offer little benefit. And what was the point to all of this? Nothing.

In my opinion, is Morrowind a game? No. Games have a point (you win). Morrowind is nothing more than a first-person, fantasy version of "The Sims".

Duke
09-19-2002, 10:15 AM
Is there really any point to arguing about how good Morrowind is. It's pretty clear that some people really like it, and some don't.

Who cares, neither of you are going to convince each other. Personally, I see major flaws in MW (DDE and the extreme easiness of the game once you reach a certain level) but I'm glad I bought it, and got a lot of enjoyment from it.

I'm not saying people should have to keep their opinions to themselves, but post after post rehashing the same points really goes nowhere. If you're gonna do it at least be funny.

cenobite
09-20-2002, 10:08 PM
Ah, thank goodness a Mediator got here...without you sir, I wouldn't have posted a reply. I'll let that sink in... Are there really Morrowind books in print, Mahalan, cuz if there are I for one had no idea. And I wouldn't read them. I was referring to all the books in the game, of course. My point included the "opinions aside" option you speak of, mediator, and it was missed by both: I'm not saying YOU SHOULD ALL LOVE MORROWIND BECAUSE IT'S THE SHIZNAT, IF YOU DON'T 'YOUR A MORN' -quite different...Understand the man hours and the artistry so one can at least appreciate it. I don't look at a Vermeer and say, THAT'S ****. I look at it and say 'that's a boring subject, and the only reason it's rendered perfectly is because the guy used a camera obscura. There's talent, but...Wellsir....I don't like it.' All I wanted from Mahalan was some respect for Bethesda's effort. He doesn't like it. Cool. I don't worship it. I respect it cause its a step towards creating a realistic manifestation of freedom with current technology. GTA III is respected by hardcore gamers for the same reason- just so happens that the world lends itself well to mass murder better than stats and spells, thus, wider audience. Though I hear that if one becomes a Vampire, one can destroy an entire village. S'at true? OH, and, er...*slaps self with large codfish, dances a hasty jig, fights off 200 gorillas pushing their new adaptation of Hamlet* Think that covers it. ......Honk if your horn is broken......

cenobite
09-20-2002, 10:11 PM
"Games have a point (you win)."
sad, man. sad.

Heavens Gate
09-21-2002, 08:52 AM
Let me tell you guys something. When I bought Morrowind, I have never played an RPG before. I hated it. I didn't know what the heck I was doing until I kept at it, so instead of trading it in and not giving it a chance, I learned every aspect of an RPG game and let me tell you, it was well worth it!!! Morrowind is a game that you NEVER get bored of. You can literally do anything to anyone and go anywhere. Morrowind is quite possibly the best non-linear RPG ever created

JYNX
09-21-2002, 10:58 AM
the worst top 5 hmmmmm... i'd definately have t go with WWF RAW that was theeee worst game i ever bought, gunvalkyrie is dumb, dead to rights due to its dumb ass camera angles,cel damage was stupid, and who can't forget blood wake. that game is waaaaay LAME!
-JYNX-:cool: :eek:

OUberLord
09-21-2002, 08:41 PM
[list=1]
Silent Hill 2 (Decent, but I beat it in 4 hours)
Bruce Lee (Cmon, did the game have to be THAT linear?)
WWF Raw (A half attempt at anything decent)
Star Wars: Starfighter (Got too boring too fast, and why cant i see my ship?)
4x4 Evo 2 (Shortcuts in a racing game should be called shortcuts if the entire group of AIs use them every lap)
[/list=1]

You're free to watch your game crash every 20 minutes. You're free to wander around in beautiful landscapes among terribly animated npcs. Since you are so learned in the art of game design, lets see you create a game that totally lacks a linear rail to base anything on. Lets also see you create models, textures, and geometry that will run on anyones computer above the minimum specs with at least 10 NPCs on the screen. Then, lets see you port the entire game over to an entirely different system. Oh, and lets see you do it in under a year and have it 100% stutter and bug free.

OUberLord
09-22-2002, 01:55 PM
Thats exactly my point. The sheer logistics of all of those factors combined would make it nearly impossible to have a 100% bug free game.

shrew king
09-22-2002, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Motoko
You guys are nerds.

I cannot believe some of you, mostly EHWfedPres, are arguing over your OPINIONS. You're stupid, opinionated, narrow minded idiots. You actually hold a grudge against people who have a different opinion as you? Have a dandy life living in your parents' basement.

:rolleyes:

very well said.

heres my list of craptacular games:

1.) Cel Damage-it wasnt the cel shading that made me hate it, it was the gameplay.
2.) Wreckless-the game has some of the best graphics i have seen, but the gameplay, once again, sucked.
3.) Obi Wan Kenobi-horrible graphics, the gameplay was good for awhile, got old though.
4.) FIFA 2002 World Cup-bad graphics, mainly i didnt like the controls though.
5.) Agent Under Fire-followed the same river of crap as The World is Not Enough. Why is it so hard to make a replica of Goldeneye? seems simple enough to me.

JYNX
09-22-2002, 11:49 PM
ye you r right cell damage did blow chunx:( . and the game play was equally as crappy.

OUberLord
09-22-2002, 11:50 PM
I played the demo, thought it was too fast paced.

mahalan
09-26-2002, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by OUberLord
Since you are so learned in the art of game design, lets see you create a game that totally lacks a linear rail to base anything on. Lets also see you create models, textures, and geometry that will run on anyones computer above the minimum specs with at least 10 NPCs on the screen. Then, lets see you port the entire game over to an entirely different system. Oh, and lets see you do it in under a year and have it 100% stutter and bug free.

Actually, I HAVE been part of a team that's created a non-linear RPG. Although it wasn't as large as Morrowind, it was much more complex since it was an MMORPG. The scenery wasn't as detailed but it didn't crash regularly.

Was it released in less than a year? No. But it also didn't crash every 20 minutes. The gameplay was balanced so it remained challenging for experienced players more than a year after release. It supported THOUSANDS of simultaneous players (a much more complex task than having a large world).

Why do I hate Morrowind? Because it was overhyped and very underdeveloped. It was pretty but they should have spent a LOT more time removing bugs and balancing gameplay. It's actually hard to think of a professional game that's been released with worse game balance in the past year. Approximately 25% of the skills in Morrowind make the game too easy. That's just unacceptable. Dirty disk errors and game freezes are common despite Bethsoft's claims and that's unacceptable on a console system. The "storyline" contains hundreds of "books" which makes it huge but it's still underdeveloped and not compelling.

JYNX
09-26-2002, 07:07 PM
that game gets alot of m,ixed reviews you either hate it or love it. so i dunno if could be cinsidered one of te top 5 craptacular games.

boogya1
09-27-2002, 11:22 AM
wheckless, Silent hill 2, dead to rights, Spy hunter, Fuzion Frenzy,
Pirsoner of War, Oddworld:(

Plutonium
09-27-2002, 12:20 PM

I dreamt about Morrowind for months before it came out but was saddened after a few days of playing when the story got boring...

Sorry man but Morrowind does suck.

:eek:

Dre
09-27-2002, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Plutonium

I dreamt about Morrowind for months before it came out but was saddened after a few days of playing when the story got boring...

Sorry man but Morrowind does suck.

:eek:

I agree.., I think if I would have bought it on PC I would think differently because of the following things:

-better resolution (unfortunately I don't have enuf $ for an HDTV...yet). When I saw Morrowind on a PC I was amazed. There were features on races faces I hadn't even been able to see b4.

-better draw distance. I really got fed up with seeing fog every freakin place I go even when its one of the brightest sunniest days. Project Ego/Fable creator P.M. said that Fable will have a draw distance of 8km. Now thats more like it...

-bugs. On pc at least you can get a patch. Morrowind crashed on me so many times its one of the main reasons I gave up on it.

-load times... wow.. huge.

-difficulty. Well, after 10-20 hours of play I was fighting against 5 guards at 1 time and kicked all their asses. Whats the point in going on? It basically becomes from then on a matter of simply going from point A to point B with the occasional annoyance of having to pull back on the trigger a couple of times whenever something attacks you and then you're right back on your merry way.

-NPC's. Wow.. all I have to say is that it looks like its mighty boring living in that world. Especially if you're a shop owner.. seeing as how only one buyer walks into your store they have to stay up 24/7 in case you decide to make a visit ;) I've read of mods on the PC working to correct this and bring life to NPC's. I don't think Xbox will be seeing any of that action though...

Now, it did alot of things right as well but just not enough to keep me interested. However, I don't agree that it should be on the top 5 worst games list. It was albeit better than that.

boogya1
09-27-2002, 12:57 PM
I think i've played that game for more than 200 hours , and still no ending {WTF}**:eek: PLUS theres so many bugs in the game it locks up my Xbox. The only good thing for the game is the trade in value.