PDA

View Full Version : Xbox is taking over

tWoTOMA
09-01-2002, 10:29 PM
I bought my Xbox at launch and was very happy with Halo and Max Payne. Then for a while I stopped playing Xbox for lack of a great game. Once every 3 months or so a game would come out and capture my attention like Rallisport Challenge, Hunter, Morrowind, or a Sega Sports game. I was happy with my Xbox, but not entirely thrilled. I could easily have been as happy with PS2.

But now is the time that I remember why I bought the Xbox: for cutting edge technology and the promise of a great future. In the past month I shelled out $$ for NFL and NCAA 2K3 (which are the best games ever), Dead to Rights (more exciting then Max Payne, though not as visually impressive), and a few used titles like Azurik, Silent Hill 2, and Amped.

Although I am flat broke, I am very excited for the Xbox. All of my new games ore great, and will be better when I can play most of them LIVE! Take into account SegaGT this month, XBL in November, and State of Emergency, Mortal Kombat, NBA and NHL 2K3, Brute Force, Splinter Cell and others that are due soon, the Xbox is going to take over the market.

EHWfedPres
09-01-2002, 10:39 PM
I bought my Xbox at the launch as well, and was pleased with Halo and Dead Or Alive 3...and other games such as Morrowind and NHL hitz, but displeased with WWF RAW's horrific gameplay and Max Payne's suicide-invoking controls (I dont like the movement at all)...but many great games are coming out soon, very soon. By the end of October, There will be a slew of amazing new games like Mech Assault and Unreal Championship, and hopefully the underrated Deathrow...and I have -19 dollars...so Turok has to wait. :(

Slacker
09-01-2002, 10:55 PM
November is the month that will cost me 300 bucks no biggie though I am used to spending 800 a month on toys/video games Hookers, drugs .....uh.... I mean Xbox games and Bible College ,,yeah.. ....

EHWfedPres
09-01-2002, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Slacker
I am used to spending 800 a month on toys/video games Hookers, drugs .....uh.... I mean Xbox games and Bible College ,,yeah.. ....

wow, I actually found that funny...Bible college...:D

thebox466
09-01-2002, 10:59 PM
i spend about 70 dollars a month, cause my parents buy alot of my stuff (another 50 dollars)

wweomaniac
09-01-2002, 11:00 PM
so far the only xbox exclusive games that have stimulated me are

Halo,
Rallisport,
DOA3 (because I found the graphics nice, but it was really button mashing).

I don't think any action/rally racing/fighting game on any other console could match these games. Otherwise... not much third person games to like that are third person. No RPGs.

I haven't tried Dead to Rights yet, but that should be sweet once I do.

Someone TRADE me Dead to RIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EHWfedPres
09-01-2002, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by wweomaniac
so far the only xbox exclusive games that have stimulated me are

Halo,
Rallisport,
DOA3 (because I found the graphics nice, but it was really button mashing).

Play NHL Hitz, and Morrowind (but dont complain if you dont know what to do, this is a great game after you know whats going on)

The X is here
09-01-2002, 11:14 PM
If it wasn't for Halo and Morrowind, I would of traded in my xbox for a ps2 long ago.....but the future looks promising for my xbox....just as long as games like Brute Force and Blinx don't turn into games like Azurik, Nightcaster, and Bloodwake...which i don't think they will....but DAMN, a yr. ago i was looking forward to some of these games that turned into complete ****...:(

KingAlias
09-02-2002, 07:13 AM
:eek: I hate that "Maybe I should have gotten a PS2" BS I always hear on IRC and on MBs. The thing is, Xbox has better games at this point that PS2 did.... Geez people just let the fall hit and pick up the big titles then (the big games always drop in the fall) We have Blinx, UC, Soul Calibur 2, Splinter Cell MGS2, sports games, online play (which it took PS2 basically 2 years), MOH, Ghost Recon, Panzer Dragon, Shenmue II, Operation Flashpoint, Counter Strike, and many more titles I know I'll remember later. Also, get a hub and play halo online, trust me, it'll up it's replay value. Go look for JSRF b/c it is a damn good game. Sit back, relax, play halo online and pick up or rent a few games (Turok came out). I'll enjoy blas.... seeing you guys online this fall. :eek: