PDA

View Full Version : PS2 named console of the year at ETCS

huskerman44
09-02-2002, 03:12 AM
For anybody interested. Has other info. like game of the year, etc...

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/news/0,10870,2878990,00.html

VenoM
09-02-2002, 04:04 AM
yea this year but just wait till next year......xbox is gonna own with all them new great games coming out...and xbox live is gonna be great..it will crush sonys online plans which so far all ive heard was bad news about it not letting players connect and crap...i predict microsoft will be on top in less then 2 years and when xbox 2 rolls around it will be a strong force...dont know about how it will do in japan though...seems like they dont like american machines....sort of like the way they feel about american cars....they rather drive there own home land made cars then american made cars

Xaminor
09-02-2002, 05:18 AM
This is no surprise as the PS 2 is two years older than the Xbox and games have been being developed for the system for a much longer time; although I feel the Xbox has better games pound for pound and you would have to be a fool if you don't think Xbox wins it next year, crap just September through November alone ought to give the Xbox this title but the big guns are coming late in the year, games like Project Ego and Halo 2.

KingAlias
09-02-2002, 06:45 AM
:eek: I think this is thee most ABSOLUTE DUMBEST thing to do. Why in the hell would you give a PS2 game of the year when the year isn't even over. Sure, it might end up being console of the year anyway, no one really knows yet, but Xbox or GC could have killer apps by the end of the calender year. :eek:

nemesYs
09-02-2002, 08:50 AM
Here's some bright news about the ETCS....

The Best Game of the Entire show was none other then Splinter Cell for the Box!!

unit01
09-02-2002, 08:58 AM
Best of the year huh, the only thing my PS2 has done good this year is collect dust next to the true system of the year.

thebox466
09-02-2002, 08:59 AM
That was a suprise! not

wweomaniac
09-02-2002, 09:58 AM
ermmm...

Well I do think that PS2 is game console of the year. It isn't XBox or GCN.

Ps2 has better console exclusive games right now.
GTA3, Twisted Metal Black, GT3, Devil May Cry... I could name a few more.

XBox only has Halo (very popular), Rallisport (very good, but not that popular), and DOA3.

Shouldn't this be in PS2 debate forum...

Xaminor
09-02-2002, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by wweomaniac
ermmm...

Well I do think that PS2 is game console of the year. It isn't XBox or GCN.

Ps2 has better console exclusive games right now.
GTA3, Twisted Metal Black, GT3, Devil May Cry... I could name a few more.

XBox only has Halo (very popular), Rallisport (very good, but not that popular), and DOA3.

Shouldn't this be in PS2 debate forum...

No Xbox has Halo, Rallisport, DOA 3, Morrowind, Dead to Rights, Enclave, and I could name a few more. Someone made a good point though, if they would have waited until the end of the year Xbox would of had the above as well as:

MGS 2: Substance

Splinter Cell

Panzer Dragoon

Shenmue 2

Brute Force

Sega GT 2002, so one would have to wonder why they are so quick to judge and I know some of these titles are coming to the PS 2 as well but not all of them are and the ones that are won't be out before the year is over, not to mention they wont be the same versions as Konami admitted MGS Substance is going to look better and have more features on the Xbox.

EHWfedPres
09-02-2002, 02:44 PM
Xbox has Halo, DOA3, RalliSport, Hunter, Morrowind, Enclave, Dead To Rights, and tons more great games...plus even more on the way, like...

Unreal Championship
MechAssault
Deathrow
Project Ego
Splinter Cell
Brute Force
Halo 2
Sega GT 2002

and plenty more great games that I didnt mention...plus most of those will be out this year...PS2 has nothing but GTA Vice City coming out, everything else looks like crap...even compared to their previous line-up of crap...like Devil May Cry, which is a linear piece of crap that looks like crap and has crap gameplay...same can be said for Final Fantasy 9 billion or whatever they are on now...

ice_141
09-02-2002, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by nemesYs
Here's some bright news about the ETCS....

The Best Game of the Entire show was none other then Splinter Cell for the Box!!

Amen to that.

wweomaniac
09-02-2002, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Xaminor

No Xbox has Halo, Rallisport, DOA 3, Morrowind, Dead to Rights, Enclave, and I could name a few more. Someone made a good point though, if they would have waited until the end of the year Xbox would of had the above as well as

I didn't like Morrowind that much. And Enclave may have had nice graphics but it was nothing out of the ordinary.

EHWfedPres
09-02-2002, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by wweomaniac

I didn't like Morrowind that much.

It dosent matter wether or not one person dosent liek Morrowind, probably because they dont know whats going on in it, but anyway...its still a great game, a game that no other system can handle.

hiter101
09-02-2002, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by huskerman44
For anybody interested. Has other info. like game of the year, etc...

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/news/0,10870,2878990,00.html

IT WAS RIGED I TELL U RIGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED :eek:

KingAlias
09-02-2002, 05:01 PM
:eek: Two Damn good titles you guys seem to keep forgetting about are JSRF and PGR. :eek: