PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft throws FECES at sony

GeNeRaL AcE
09-02-2002, 04:35 PM
Have you heard the latest tactic by Microsoft? They're sending out fake PS2 online starter kits to reviewers!
http://www.gamepro.com/gamepro/domestic/games/news/images/25916-1.jpg
The included letter reads:

Welcome to the world of online console gaming. It’s an incredibly exciting time to finally be able to play the PlayStation 2 online with friends (and enemies!) all over the country. We’ve assembled this useful PS2 Online Starter Kit to make your experience as smooth and enjoyable as possible.

Inside, you’ll find:

PS2 Online Password Reminder Pad: Since you’ll have a different login and password for every game, this pad will help you to keep them straight.

PS2 56k Download Assistant: Downloading new levels on 56k can be a dreadfully slow process. Use of this paddle ball game will help pass the time.

PS2 Online Cross-Games Friends List: With the PlayStation 2, finding your friends online is a game in itself. What game did you find your buddy in? Can’t remember his or her nickname for each game? Use this handy address book so that you won’t lose track of those you play online with.

PS2 Online Voice Communicator: Sure, SOCOM uses voice communication via the headset - but what about the rest of the games? Surely, you don’t want to just mumble to yourself after you’ve scored your third touchdown in a row! We’ve provided this phone card to make long distance trash talk a snap on PS2.

PS2 Online Short-Range Voice Communication System: Use this to talk with your friends free of charge. Note: May require additional purchase of longer string.

ATM Deposit Envelopes: Maximizing your PS2 online experience is a costly endeavor. You’ll need to save up some serious cash for the network adapter, the hard drive, the keyboard, the headset, and eventually service fees as well. You’ll find enclosed a few ATM deposit envelopes to make your trips to the bank a bit more convenient.

We hope the PS2 Online Starter Kit will make your online gaming experience a bit less chaotic. However, if you still experience difficulties, we’ve enclosed a customized customer service card. You’ll find that many common complaints are already listed, so all you’ll have to do is check the appropriate boxes!

When you’re ready to play online for real, please consult the enclosed Xbox Live brochure for more information.

Warm Regards,
Xbox Live

:D :D

Slacker
09-02-2002, 05:11 PM
this is old news , it's been posted before over a week ago , it's called Humor something Sony doesn't have, oh yeah I guess they did when they Said PS2 would have "toy Story Graphics and all we got as a hyped up Dreamcast , which Dreamcast has better in play graphics than most of PS2 IMO

IEatPoo
09-02-2002, 07:04 PM
lol, "may require additonal purchase of longer string"

Air X.N.
09-02-2002, 07:07 PM
Sad part is that its not far from the truth. Eat it Sony.

The Hitman
09-02-2002, 07:56 PM
I wish Microsoft would do this kind of stuff more often. I find it hilarious.

X-Killer
09-02-2002, 08:00 PM
Funny. Sony has a pathetic online plan.

EHWfedPres
09-02-2002, 08:00 PM
That was pretty funny. :p

nemesYs
09-02-2002, 10:40 PM
EHWfedPrez.... do you own an ewrestling fed??? if so mind sending me the link?

UnifiedConsole
09-03-2002, 05:24 AM
I remember when Sega would do crazy stuff like this to their competitors through their ads and other things, like the old Sega ads "Genesis does what Nintendon't".

Hoo boy, the good ol' days.

DOOM
09-03-2002, 07:47 AM
Thats AwEsOmE!!!:)

mrmp3
09-03-2002, 08:45 AM
:D :D Yeah I saw that last week, but I still can't help but laugh. All of it is true except for the headset as I've heard it works fine. Other than that, the rest of the stuff that came packaged is pretty much right on. I think IGNXbox got one of them, I think it would be funny if they gave it to the PS2 guys and actually used some of that stuff. Great sense of humor Microsoft. Signing off...