PDA

View Full Version : If Rare is bought by Microsoft

Caspel
09-02-2002, 08:31 PM
If Microsoft does indeed buy Rare here are some titles we could see on the Xbox.

We could see platform titles/adventure titles such as...

Banjo-Kazooie 2/3??
Banjo-Tooie 2

A Fight Title as
Killer Instinct Series

First person shooter
Perfect Dark Zero or 2?

Action titles such as
Jet Force Gemini Series
Battletoad series brought back

Some titles that might not make is
Conker
Diddy Kong
Donkey Kong
Star Fox
Kameo

pnrgi
09-02-2002, 08:34 PM
KILLER INSTINCT HOLY COW! that game was rocking!:p

xboxman_1
09-02-2002, 08:37 PM
Conker
Diddy Kong
Donkey Kong
Star Fox
Kameo
Of course these titles won't make it, they are owned by Nintendo.

Nonny
09-02-2002, 08:39 PM
Diddy Kong, Donkey Kong, and Starfox cant be made....Nintendo owns the rights to them and Rare just makes them. All the other ones are good possibilities though.

Caspel
09-02-2002, 08:43 PM
Yeah I knew that they couldn't in all...

What would be funny is if Rare was bought out and made a game just like Donkey Kong and named it different for the Xbox. It would be based around a gorilla. But that wouldn't happen even if Xbox is able to buy them out.

Would be nice to see BattleToads and Killer Instinct on the Xbox though. Of course Perfect Dark would be a for sure system seller. The Banjo series would be a good platformer addition even though I never did play them. Conker would rival the Crank the Weasel series that is coming to the Xbox too.

Nonny
09-02-2002, 08:51 PM
well they could just take Donkey Kong, edit out Donkey Kong and make it a green monkey or something and sell it....lol

El Papa Grande
09-02-2002, 09:31 PM
are u guys sure 'The Big N" owns Conkers, i hope not, that game was funny, imagine what they could get away with if that game came to xbox

lllSmokelll
09-02-2002, 09:36 PM
haha Banjo Kazooie :)

SlightlySycho
09-02-2002, 09:45 PM
Conker was developed by Rare. I can't think of any reason why Nintendo would have the rights to him.

I'm praying this deal goes through, 'cause I am seriously looking forward to playing the sequel to Conker's BFD. I honestly think it was neck and neck with Halo for the best game of last year (giving Halo a slight edge because it didn't have a few stupid sequences).

The Hitman
09-02-2002, 10:16 PM
Conker is Rare's.

Piccolo_DBz
09-02-2002, 11:02 PM
From what I heard Killer Instinct is a nintendo franchise

The Hitman
09-02-2002, 11:18 PM
OXM lists KI as Rare's.

Variation-XBA
09-03-2002, 03:03 AM
What Id give for another Killer Instinct game on the xobx....

/drool

Guibs
09-03-2002, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by Caspel

Conker
Diddy Kong
Donkey Kong
Star Fox
Kameo

Conker is the property of Rare, not Nintendo so it could be a possibility for the Xbox (and maybe the only game worth from rare these days).

Anyway, you won't seem me rave about microsoft buying Rare. I'd be a lot more happy if they would buy Blizzard instead.

AcidJazz
09-03-2002, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by Guibs

Conker is the property of Rare, not Nintendo so it could be a possibility for the Xbox (and maybe the only game worth from rare these days).

Anyway, you won't seem me rave about microsoft buying Rare. I'd be a lot more happy if they would buy Blizzard instead.

Hell yeah, MS buying up Blizzard would be sweet...

Revit_X_man
09-03-2002, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by AcidJazz

Hell yeah, MS buying up Blizzard would be sweet...
Imagine what the PC fanboys would say.:D