PDA

View Full Version : Advanced AV Pack

Hilbe
11-08-2001, 07:23 PM
I haven't heard much said about the various connectors available for the xbox. I currently have a Dolby Digital receiver and a Sony KV-36FV27 TV that will become home to my xbox. Right now I'm using the fiber optic cable from my DVD player to my receiver for Dolby Digital, but there is still a COAX digital input on my receiver welcoming a connection. I'm wondering if the xbox Advanced AV would be best for me and curious to what sort of connection come out of it.

Thanks.

jeah
11-08-2001, 07:50 PM
if i made add to the question:

What cables exactly does the xbox come with?

HaloElite
11-08-2001, 09:44 PM
Both AV packs support only optic connection for digital sound. Your only option is to buy a Coaxial cable and use it for the DVD player. Then use the optic cable for Xbox. Coaxial and optic are pretty much identical as far as sound quality goes in case you're worried about losing quality with your DVD player.

BlaZeR2
11-08-2001, 10:34 PM
from various other sites and resources, Co-axial digital sound is a little richer and a little higher quality due to the fact that there is less processing required.

but to answer the question about what the advance pack comes with:

(I just got mine today - direct shipment from EBgames)
it comes with the connect that plugs into the xbox, and 1 three way cable that has 2 analog RCA audio plugs and 1 svideo plug. 1 end of these plug into the adapter that plugs into the xbox, and other end plugs into the tv and or receiver. NOTE: There is also a plug for Digital Optical, but no cable is included (probably because they are anywhere from $20 - $100 depending on length and quality)

BlaZeR2