PDA

View Full Version : Offical Release list from Microsoft found at ign.com

Slash10
11-08-2001, 08:32 PM
I figured some people woul like to know, for others its old news. Either way enjoy

In the town of Better Late Than Never there's a new sheriff, namely the Xbox North American Xbox Launch list. Perhaps you've already compiled this list from your local retailer -- or maybe you've already bought games like Halo, which are already in stores. Either way, Microsoft has finally announced the obvious and given out the release list of first and third party launch titles, which is as follows:
First Party:

Halo
Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee
NFL Fever 2002
Project Gotham Racing
Fuzion Frenzy
Third Party:

Madden NFL 2002
NASCAR Thunder 2002
Cel Damage
NHL Hitz 20-02
NASCAR Heat 2002
TransWorld Surf
Test Drive Off Road -- Wide Open
Mad Dash
Shrek
4x4 EVO 2
Dark Summit
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2X
AirForce Delta Storm
When asked how many hardware units would be available at the launch, Vice President of Microsoft Game Studios Ed Fries would only mention that production is going well, with a whopping 27,000 units built last Friday at the Guadalajara production facility -- that's more than Sony's number of units built in an entire week during the PS2 launch. With the factory running six days a week, it looks likely that Microsoft will hit at least its low estimates for units during the launch cycle.

Fries also went on to clarify dates for some key future first party titles, beginning with Amped, which he said would be on shelves in time for Thanksgiving. Azurik would follow, hitting shelves before Christmas, with Blood Wake and Nightcaster to be released early in 2002. The recently revealed NBA Inside Drive, developed by High Voltage, creators of the original PC version of the game, would be released around the All Star Break in February. As for titles like the mysterious and gothic Unseen, Fries would give no firm details on either the game, or its release date.

As for the online launch, Fries also mentioned that more details on Microsoft's plan could be revealed as early as next year's CES in January, though he was firm in repeating only that the online launch was "the middle of next year," refusing to even put the launch into a specific quarter.

Twolf77
11-08-2001, 08:55 PM
ok i am very confused, i have seen some many lists this onw has only 19, some time ago thare was a news post on this site that sad 32 game on release, then later some whare i read 34, so what is it , and i thut wwf war was going to be a launch title, pluse what is the real speed of the GPC i have seen in game pro 240 and in EGM 250 and on extended plays site it said 300 and i have seen 333 also i am so confused :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: