PDA

View Full Version : Just got Turok

bwn82k
09-03-2002, 03:05 PM
As a Southpaw I must say that Turok thought of us. Unlike 007: Agent Under Fire, which ****ed me off, Turok's alternate controller setup will work well for a lefty. I bought the game earlier today and play it for about 2 hours. I enjoyed the game. I never played the previous Turok games so I was skeptic at first, but I was very impressed with the gameplay and overall interactivity of the game. I haven't gotten into it as much as I want to yet, but I will let you know how the rest of the game goes.

Xracer
09-03-2002, 05:27 PM
glad you are liking it have you got to chapter 3 yet? thats where the action really starts to pick up

ScorpionX
09-03-2002, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Xracer
glad you are liking it have you got to chapter 3 yet? thats where the action really starts to pick up

Yeah, this game is really starting to get challenging. I have been stuck on a level for a loooong time. This game is great. I the enemies are very smart, so it is not easy to blow right through the game. :eek:

kofijamal
09-03-2002, 07:30 PM
Man, I would so love this game if it wasn't for the controls. I am used to straffing with my right thumb stick. I am getting my butt kicked. Only two options for controls, it drops the game down a star just by itself. Honestly, there is no excuse for not having a wide variety of controller options. Bad, Turok, bad Turok....

consolegamer
09-03-2002, 08:01 PM
Wait until you guys reach chapter 5. You'll **** your ****ing pants. It's so intense!!! This game kicks ass, like my sig says

bwn82k
09-03-2002, 08:44 PM
I havent gotten far yet. I got it only a short time before I had to start getting ready for work. So far, I'm up to the part where I have to reach the top of the Cliff to meet someone. I think it's either Chapter 2 or 3. I love it so far though. I look foward to playing some more when I get home. :D

bwn82k
09-03-2002, 08:46 PM
Oh I wanted to ask this to someone that has gotten farther into the game.....How cool is that "spider" bomb? Does it work really well? What type of range do you get with it? Thanks

CrazyCougar
09-04-2002, 12:45 AM
I've been playing Turok all night tonight and it is a great game. I rented it from Blockbuster and will probably keep it for a while. I am on the flying level right now and its pretty fun.

Snapple
09-04-2002, 07:05 AM
i didnt know that turok even came out yet:confused: is it a game to buy or rent

consolegamer
09-04-2002, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by bwn82k
Oh I wanted to ask this to someone that has gotten farther into the game.....How cool is that "spider" bomb? Does it work really well? What type of range do you get with it? Thanks

Oh the fantastic spider bomb. Yes, it's that good! It has 4 different outcomes. 2 I know of off hand. It can obviously blow up or it can release a powerful toxic gas that kills everything around it. The range is quite long, but if you go too far, it will blow.

Duke
09-04-2002, 10:23 AM
Well, I'm regretting my DTR purchase now.

I'm a much bigger fan of FPS games, but Turok just did not interest me at all until people who actually played it for awhile started raving about it.

Not that I don't like DTR, but I was really planning on just getting one game and then be content with that and 2k3 until XBL launches. I kind of don't want to buy any more games that aren't XBL compatible.

Well, maybe I'll have to make an exception on this one. Hope you all have fun playing.

ChiZel_MunKee
09-04-2002, 01:58 PM
Sounds like I need to get this game. Didn't have much interest in it until now.

E-Vader
09-06-2002, 02:57 AM
I just rented it this morning

And its a damn fine game so now I'm gunna go and by it :D

Need more FPS though I'm getting board of Halo :eek: So Turok shold last a while longer cant wait for Deus Ex II to come out though.

Nato King
09-06-2002, 07:13 AM
Hey E-vader where have you been these past couple of mouths. While wherever you have been it's good to see you back.:)

therock21
09-06-2002, 08:12 AM
I think TUROK is a great game. its a challenge,and its fun once u get pretty far. At the begining it dosent have much action. If anyons interessted I know a cheat to get all weapons. You can still take damage and die you just get to **** sh** Up!!! the code is TEXAS in the cheat menu. HOWEVER, you will only get the weapons that are accessible in the level you are on....witch means you cant have every weapon all the time but its still a great game:cool:

Nato King
09-06-2002, 09:05 AM
For all those people that are thinking of buying Turok here is a Review that Chronik posted in the General Discussion forum from IGN. I hope it changes your mine. Chronik is the guy he really brings a lot of information to these forums.:)

Turok Review (http://xbox.ign.com/articles/369/369950p1.html)

No Fear 23
09-06-2002, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by kofijamal
Man, I would so love this game if it wasn't for the controls. I am used to straffing with my right thumb stick. I am getting my butt kicked. Only two options for controls, it drops the game down a star just by itself. Honestly, there is no excuse for not having a wide variety of controller options. Bad, Turok, bad Turok....

i think u will love The Thing casue it has that controls. when i 1st tried it, i hated it, but now im getting a hang of it

E-Vader
09-06-2002, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Serg_w
Hey E-vader where have you been these past couple of mouths. While wherever you have been it's good to see you back.:)

Cheers Serg I havent posted as much as I'd like to been busy with working on my house and I;ve been out trail riding as much as possiable while the weathers been cool.

kevgt2000
09-07-2002, 10:18 AM
quote from ign.com review
n the end, I wanted more from Turok. There were lots of little things I liked, but they never lasted or weren't used enough. And there's just too much that annoys me (some of those textures are terrible upclose and then at other times look great, for example). This is a definite rental, but probably not the best choice to buy sight unseen

Closing on our thoughts here, we think Turok can best be summed up a slightly above average first-person shooter that is home to a number of flaws. Hardcore Turok fans will no doubt find the experience nostalgic and enjoyable, but for many, Evolution will feel ho-hum and even tedious at points. We think that if Acclaim Austin had several more months to polish out the gameplay, it could have definitely been a must-play and even worthy purchase. However, as the final version released to the market stands, it just isn't cutting-edge or polished enough to be considered as such. That isn't to say that Evolution is a bad experience, though. It has its fill of thrilling moments and monster boss battles, but in the scope of things, that will not be enough to appease more demanding gamers.

ScorpionX
09-07-2002, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by kevgt2000
quote from ign.com review
n the end, I wanted more from Turok. There were lots of little things I liked, but they never lasted or weren't used enough. And there's just too much that annoys me (some of those textures are terrible upclose and then at other times look great, for example). This is a definite rental, but probably not the best choice to buy sight unseen

Closing on our thoughts here, we think Turok can best be summed up a slightly above average first-person shooter that is home to a number of flaws. Hardcore Turok fans will no doubt find the experience nostalgic and enjoyable, but for many, Evolution will feel ho-hum and even tedious at points. We think that if Acclaim Austin had several more months to polish out the gameplay, it could have definitely been a must-play and even worthy purchase. However, as the final version released to the market stands, it just isn't cutting-edge or polished enough to be considered as such. That isn't to say that Evolution is a bad experience, though. It has its fill of thrilling moments and monster boss battles, but in the scope of things, that will not be enough to appease more demanding gamers.

Wow, you have posted that quote four times so far, but still have not posted something intelligent. IGN has horrible reviews and makes no sense. :rolleyes: