PDA

View Full Version : Holy Chapter 5 in Turok!!!

consolegamer
09-03-2002, 03:08 PM
Man, that was one of the most extreme moments I've ever had in a vid-game!!!It was plain nuts!!! I went in and just started wiping people out with the flamethrower. I watched in shock as they're bodies (about 7 of them) died a painful, slow death, running, waving and flaying their bodies around only to crumble to the floor. Man, them weapons and pyros are crazy!!!!It took me 3 1/2 hours just to get through chapter 5. The challenge was crazy. I had **** coming from every direction
:eek:

Vipermmx
09-03-2002, 03:15 PM
I have to admit Turok is a damn good game. The weapons are AMAZING!!! Hows it feel the first tiem you charge a nuke up or see the heat wave off the rocket launcher. This game has the best weapon effects of ANY game.

The missions are ALOT of fun and a huge challange. Im on mission 4 and I love how the slug compound has a voice on the speaker talking about post changes and suck!

Turok is a thumbs up besides the lack of bots. Semi bad move there. No system link sucks to but its better then Turok not showing up on the system at all. Cant wait to try Turok with my HDTV and 5.1 sound right now im using a crappy ass 27inch TV with letterbox(tube is bad) and speakers that rattle.

Mercury
09-03-2002, 04:04 PM
Chapter 5 is amazing. I'm still going through it right now. That flame thrower does kick ass. I love the alternate firing of it when you click the left tirgger. It shoots out 3 balls of fire. Throw that in a room full of enemies and you hear all of them screaming in pain. It's kick ass!!!!

Slacker
09-03-2002, 04:30 PM
I'm picking up Turok Tommorow and the Thing , from these posts it's so obvious the Nay sayers of this game played it for a half hour and said it sucked, I'm so glad I didn't listen, and feel sorry for all the dolts that did,

consolegamer
09-03-2002, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Slacker
I'm picking up Turok Tommorow and the Thing , from these posts it's so obvious the Nay sayers of this game played it for a half hour and said it sucked, I'm so glad I didn't listen, and feel sorry for all the dolts that did,

Your so right, and you'll be happy to own Turok. Chapter 5 is almost as big as most games !!! I can't wait to keep going:D

Vipermmx
09-03-2002, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Slacker

Yeah trust me its worth it. In the begining its slow once you hit chapter 4 its full on infiltrate kind of stuff. The training levels might bore some peeps but I found them helpful. I died alot on the lvl next to chapter 4 damn fighting a spaceship rocks.

Also the FLAMETHROWER rocks. The heat trail and the second fire mode rocks. The spider mines are cool as hell too. Dont forget the first time you pickup the chaingun addon and watch your gun foldout to a huge chaingun =) Or the black dice that warp matter and time.

Also the mobs look SWEET!! I just ran into a HUGE heavy armored chrome plated baddie with a 10 foot chaingun!

Turok is the bomb.

My review!

consolegamer
09-03-2002, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Vipermmx

Yeah trust me its worth it. In the begining its slow once you hit chapter 4 its full on infiltrate kind of stuff. The training levels might bore some peeps but I found them helpful. I died alot on the lvl next to chapter 4 damn fighting a spaceship rocks.

Also the FLAMETHROWER rocks. The heat trail and the second fire mode rocks. The spider mines are cool as hell too. Dont forget the first time you pickup the chaingun addon and watch your gun foldout to a huge chaingun =) Or the black dice that warp matter and time.

Also the mobs look SWEET!! I just ran into a HUGE heavy armored chrome plated baddie with a 10 foot chaingun!

Turok is the bomb.

My review!

The heat effect off the flamethrower is really something to see. I can go on and on about this game. The 3 years in development payed off. By the way, this game is BIG! I'm going to try to do a chapter a night, but I know that's not going to be easy, considering their broken down into 5 different areas (and maybe more). Those big osterich looking dino's scared the **** out of me, cause they ran so fast!!! And that giant Knight in chapter 5 didn't calm my nerves either. The sniping is spot on. In alot of FPS's, all you have to do is get the bullet close to your target and it will go down. No in Turok! Where you hit is where you hit and if you miss by a hair, too bad! Just for the hell of it when I was playing the 1st chapter I believe, I tried to kill those 2 long necked dino's eating off the top of the trees. It took me about 20 arrows to the face to bring one of those monsters down! Pretty cool,as I just wanted to see if everything was destructible.:eek:

Ulchie
09-03-2002, 07:02 PM
im going to borrow this game from my friend and see if it is worth a purchase after all
and the thing....seems like a rent not a buy.....I doubt it will be a very long game that is very replayable even though possibly quite enjoyable.....I just dont have room enough to spend money on a game that will last me less than a month like that

consolegamer
09-03-2002, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Ulchie
im going to borrow this game from my friend and see if it is worth a purchase after all
and the thing....seems like a rent not a buy.....I doubt it will be a very long game that is very replayable even though possibly quite enjoyable.....I just dont have room enough to spend money on a game that will last me less than a month like that

I'm the same way. If you want replayability, Turok is your game!!!

No Fear 23
09-03-2002, 09:04 PM
after my review on this game, which i said it was bad, i have to admit that i like it. on the 1st 3 chapters, i hated the game casue i didnt know what i am doing in the middle of the jungle, and the flying levels, arggh!. i was gonna return it back for the thing so i kept on playing till the thing will be realease. i've been playing it all night for the past 5 days and im on chapter 9. It just makes u come back for more, i dont know why. there are some times where u get killed alot( chapter 5 was a pain in the arse) and have to start back all over again and it has made me quit for a while. so when i wait for like 30 minutes, im back for more and i know i can make it through.(its worth the challenge). the key for staying alive is to search of healt kits, even if u have to go back to where u came from, casue u dont want to get killed and start it over. So, im gonna keep this game till i beat it and see how i feel about it to see if i want to play it again. if it has a good replay value. i am still gonna get the thing by trading in outlaw golf. just wait till u get one of those nukes. and plasma gun WOW!

so, dont just quit after the first 4 levels, just give it time and it'll come around, trust me, it is now worth it, if u still dont think it is, then rent it.

GO BUCCS!!!
09-04-2002, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by consolegamer

I'm the same way. If you want replayability, Turok is your game!!! ohhhhh! i think you just convinced me on what game to purchase next! turok sounds like a buy game instead of a rental!!!! whoo hoo! it's about time someone came out with a killer app!
*forgets about sega gt2002*

ps - thanks for all the information and mini recap/reviews 'n stuff.
:)

Radar
09-04-2002, 08:34 AM
I had to turn Auto-Aim back on to make it past the end of level 4 and start level5. Chapter 5 is awesome! I got past the first stage only in Chapter 5 and I'm having a great time with it. I can't wait to fight with some allies and see what sort of help they can offer. The game is getting hard now. With Auto-aim back on I can progress slowly but surely though.

Very fun game...

consolegamer
09-04-2002, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by Radar
I had to turn Auto-Aim back on to make it past the end of level 4 and start level5. Chapter 5 is awesome! I got past the first stage only in Chapter 5 and I'm having a great time with it. I can't wait to fight with some allies and see what sort of help they can offer. The game is getting hard now. With Auto-aim back on I can progress slowly but surely though.

Very fun game...

Cool. You'll need some help with chapter 5. It's big, it's bad, and if your not careful, it will kick your ass like it did mine. I heard chapter 8 is awesome as well.:D

killerclint
09-10-2002, 06:29 PM
i can't stand it no more!!,,i'am getting Turok in the morning,,and taking back Sega GT.

ScorpionX
09-10-2002, 06:32 PM
I am on it now and it is intense! I really hate those guys that are slashing you with knives from all directions. It is really hard to kill thoe guys. :( I am having a great time with this game. :eek:

skinnee
09-11-2002, 06:51 PM
i'm at the part after chapter 5 where you have to get the 3 keys...got two...but can't get the one by the stump....help!

killerclint
09-11-2002, 08:49 PM
i finally got Turok today!,,and man i love it,i'am only on chapter 3 and i think it kicks asss,i'am glad i listened to guys talk about how good it was,or i might have missed out on a fine FPS.

killerclint
09-12-2002, 04:53 PM
i'am at the part on chapter 4 where it's say to get past the baracade,,i wipe out all the guys,but i can't figure out how to get past the big door?,,how do i open it?,,

ScorpionX
09-12-2002, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by killerclint
i'am at the part on chapter 4 where it's say to get past the baracade,,i wipe out all the guys,but i can't figure out how to get past the big door?,,how do i open it?,,

Oh, are you on the part where there were tons of guys and then a huge door is there? I was stuck there too. Near the building on the left side, I think, is a structure you can climb up. There is a rope that you climb across over the gate. You will know when you see it.