PDA

View Full Version : Gamespot gives Sega GT an 8.2

robphillips79
09-03-2002, 05:45 PM
Sega GT 2002 Review (http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters/products/0,11114,533807,00.html)

Fossil8752
09-03-2002, 06:02 PM
Cool, I'll be picking this game up tomorrow.

Nato King
09-03-2002, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Fossil8752
Cool, I'll be picking this game up tomorrow.

That will be great and when you do pick up the game tomorrow don't forget to give your review on the game so others can see. Try to play the game for a good 6-8 hours before you give your review.:)

TIME
09-03-2002, 06:21 PM
Well, that means that the true rating of the game is probably around 9.2 taking into account the automatic 1 point Gamespot deduction for Xbox games rating system...:D

BullitNC
09-03-2002, 06:31 PM
This is the 1st game I'm buying on release day. Although, I've only had my XBOX a few months.

nemesYs
09-03-2002, 09:07 PM
I went today still hasn't arrived.. eb said they would have it on the 5th.. and compucentre said tomorrow.. so Compucentre gets my business.. by the way.. i will write a review for all on the main page of this site.. you know the user reviews.. :)

GO BUCCS!!!
09-04-2002, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by robphillips79
Sega GT 2002 Review (http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters/products/0,11114,533807,00.html) i give it a 2.8 since it only has 12 damn tracks!
:mad:
what a waste.

Citainus
09-04-2002, 01:00 AM
Aren't downloadable tracks and cars going to be available once the online disc comes out?

GO BUCCS!!!
09-04-2002, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by Citainus
Aren't downloadable tracks and cars going to be available once the online disc comes out? oh really, and how much extra is that going to cost us?????????
fock them
just fock xbox alltogether, this damn thing isn't panning out.

Citainus
09-04-2002, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by GO BUCCS!!!
oh really, and how much extra is that going to cost us?????????
fock them

Just the XLive fees (50 denero first year)...downloadables are free :P

XboxGamers
09-04-2002, 01:04 AM
I can't wait!! There is only 12 tracks but the cars and the upgrading willl be hard to do because the money at the end of the race you have to spent on repairs on your damage car. So that give it a value.

GO BUCCS!!!
09-04-2002, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by XboxGamers
I can't wait!! There is only 12 tracks but the car and upgrading willl be hard to do because the money at the end of the race you have to spent on repairs on your damage car. So that give it a value. yeah i cant wait to rent the game and drive around the same 12 tracks all night long.
*snore*

midnight
09-04-2002, 01:46 AM
oh really, and how much extra is that going to cost us?????????
fock them

I'm kinda pi$$ed about the lack of tracks too. Hopefully the add-on disk comes out within a few months.

I read the add-on disk will be put out in OXM. It hasn't been mentioned as a downloadable add-on...if it has, I haven't seen it. They will probably look at their options and do what is best. You won't be paying anything more than the OXM cost for the disk.

GO BUCCS!!!
09-04-2002, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by midnight

I'm kinda pi$$ed about the lack of tracks too. Hopefully the add-on disk comes out within a few months.

I read the add-on disk will be put out in OXM. It hasn't been mentioned as a downloadable add-on...if it has, I haven't seen it. They will probably look at their options and do what is best. You won't be paying anything more than the OXM cost for the disk. if it's free i guess it's ok, but i won't buy sega gt2002 until it comes out, and only if it has like 100 tracks that are like 10 miutes long each, just like in gt1 or gt2.
i mean damn! gt1 and 2 were made years ago on the frikin psx system! but now they have all this suposedly superior technology and hardware, but then why can't they even make a good racing sim?!
this is just getting rediculous. game after game, after game, the xbox crap just keeps comming. personally i thin all the new systems suck because all the games suck. the only super killer games so fr on every system are halo, gta3, resident evil 1, and 0. i don't know what to think except ,i'm glad i have a kick ass pc to play super killer games on. i suppose i'm just tired of getting my hopes up for all these supposedly super awesome xbox games, and then get the big lam0r letdown from them when they are released and suck.
:eek:

Guibs
09-04-2002, 07:26 AM
I'll be passing this one until they release these so called new tracks addon and all. We still have no garantees that they will do so and 12 tracks is so few.. I don't even recal a nes game with so few tracks, I wonder what the hell they were thinking when making the game.

I was so hyped about this game, now I'll wait and see. So far, Not a single Sega game came out on xbox which completly rocked my universe. I am starting to wonder if Sega is only the dream of their former customers...

AcidJazz
09-04-2002, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by Guibs
I'll be passing this one until they release these so called new tracks addon and all. We still have no garantees that they will do so and 12 tracks is so few.. I don't even recal a nes game with so few tracks, I wonder what the hell they were thinking when making the game.

I was so hyped about this game, now I'll wait and see. So far, Not a single Sega game came out on xbox which completly rocked my universe. I am starting to wonder if Sega is only the dream of their former customers...

Why do you sound so angry..? :rolleyes:
Is it THAT big of a let down..?

GamemasterD
09-04-2002, 09:02 AM
Uhhh...PGR has near 200 courses, but they nearly all comprise bits and pieces of one another (according to the town they're in). 12 totally different track isn't that bad...I've played some F1 games that had around 16 or so and found them very diversified.

TIME
09-04-2002, 10:34 AM
this is just getting rediculous. game after game, after game, the xbox crap just keeps comming. personally i thin all the new systems suck because all the games suck.

Looks like someone forgot to take his medication...:eek:

Guibs
09-04-2002, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by AcidJazz

Why do you sound so angry..? :rolleyes:
Is it THAT big of a let down..?

Buddy it is. Also, after re-reading the gamespot review, It's in fact only 8 tracks.

In the nature of the game like Sega Gt 2002, it is indeed a let down. The game itself aim to be the sort of game you pass tromendus time playing. With the tight financial system they got in, you get stuck with the starting car for a while until you get enough money to buy a new one because of the repairs, the maintenant, parts that wear off (for the record, all of these feature are just great in my opinion and add to the realism).

Although just to buy a new car, you'll probably need to run those entire 8 tracks maybe 2 or 3 times and that's just to buy the next car in line (again, just an estimate). After this, I believe it will take even more time to get to the next car (because you'll be boosting this one to win money and more race). In the end, you'll be running those entire 8 tracks hundred of times before you reach the end.

25 or so tracks would have made me a happy camper. I am just affraid to loose interested in the game because I'll be running the same tracks over and over again. And worst, according to gamespot review, the settings, the view of each of thse 8 tracks are very similar, thus endorsing again even more the feeling that you are on the same setting, place over and over again.

I just hope Sega does go forward with their add-on project and give people additionnal tracks soon. I am just saying that I might hold on on the game until Sega release more tracks, that is, If they do.

And the entire process of adding more tracks, although a cool idea, just bring back PC gaming nightmare and the feeling that they rushed the game out, with in mind the knowledge that they could finish it (read add more tracks) later on.

robphillips79
09-04-2002, 11:04 AM
Well I'm no racing fan, but 12 tracks doesn't sound bad to me. And yes, there will be downloads for this game on Xbox Live. As to if they will charge, I have no idea.

TIME
09-04-2002, 11:07 AM
Hey, I would love for SegaGT to have 300 tracks, but to me the most important things are:

Tight controls
Awesome visuals
Competitive AI
Track design

My favorite Racer ever, MotoGP for Xbox only has ten tracks, but to excell in that game i had to learn every inch of each track. I never felt ripped off for only having ten. I do hope the add-on plan comes through, because that would allow me to learn new tracks one at a time as they are released.

nico [txb]
09-04-2002, 11:07 AM
There are more than 12 cars. I got the DOA 3 upgrade disc for free from OXM.

AcidJazz
09-04-2002, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by nico [txb]
There are more than 12 cars. I got the DOA 3 upgrade disc for free from OXM.

WTF are you saying..?
We're talking about tracks(which there are only 8 of, read gamepot's review carefully) and not cars here...
But now, I'm starting to undertand why a lot of people feel ripped off. They thought of GT 2002 as of GT3 killer. Well, time to remember that Sega never had A+ quality titles that applealed to casual fans.
GT 2002 is their nice attempt, but it's ain't no GT3 and was never supposed to be.

Guibs
09-04-2002, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by TIME
Hey, I would love for SegaGT to have 300 tracks, but to me the most important things are:

Tight controls
Awesome visuals
Competitive AI
Track design

My favorite Racer ever, MotoGP for Xbox only has ten tracks, but to excell in that game i had to learn every inch of each track. I never felt ripped off for only having ten. I do hope the add-on plan comes through, because that would allow me to learn new tracks one at a time as they are released.

I was very happy to learn about the tight control myself. I mean, I was very nervous about the past "floathy" controls that the dreamcast version had and even some of gamespot and IGN PREVIEWS mention about still some floathy controls. I was more tha happy that this was fixed in the final version since either review mention problems with the control.

As for awsome visual, I believe that Rallispot challenge surpase Sega GT 2002, but that wasn't a problem since I was ready to sacrifice graphics for more realism.

Competitive Ai is a good thing, but the AI adjusting to your car strenght is another. If I race in a specific class, I want to upgrade to come to a point to beat the class with the superior car. but when within the same class, the AI increase as your car gets better with upgrades, just seemed to show you that you are better to try to beat the class with the slowest car since it will be harder with a more upgraded car, thus deny one of the major point of the game, upgrading cars.

As for Track design, you'll need to explain me that one. 8 single tracks isn'T my definition of tracks design.

I mean, I meant to love this game. I have been waiting for it since we first heard about it. I wanted to play a racing game which offered more than just winning car with races or run for points. I liked the entire idea of winning money to slowing upgrade and than buy new cars to advance. But there are some problems that really are ruining my expectation of the game and this sadden me a lot. So far, not a single Sega game to appear on Xbox as won my heart. I tried them all, folloing the legion of Sega fanboys around. So far, all of their games had something that I didn't like, something bing enough for me to either return the game or thank myself that it was only a rental. I am comming to a point to wonder how hard it is for sega to make a good game and at which point people are following them blindly.

midnight
09-04-2002, 01:36 PM
8...godd**n tracks? Now that's about stupid.

I'm still buying it, but that is a joke.

TIME
09-04-2002, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Guibs
IAs for Track design, you'll need to explain me that one. 8 single tracks isn'T my definition of tracks design.

What I mean by track design has nothing to do with the number of tracks. Design of a track has to do with the kind of track you race on; how long it is, the type of curves, whether they are totally flat or have elevation, how the surface looks and feels, how the backgrounds look and respond, whether the walls feel like real walls when you hit them, how the grass and dirt feel when you go off course, whether following a real life racing line produces the right in game result, etc.

Guibs
09-04-2002, 02:12 PM

What I mean by track design has nothing to do with the number of tracks. Design of a track has to do with the kind of track you race on; how long it is, the type of curves, whether they are totally flat or have elevation, how the surface looks and feels, how the backgrounds look and respond, whether the walls feel like real walls when you hit them, how the grass and dirt feel when you go off course, whether following a real life racing line produces the right in game result, etc.

I see what you meant. Neither of both of the reviews I read (IGn and Gamespot) relate to this part of the track design so I guess we'll have to wait and see. They did say that the scenery was common and repetitive...

nico [txb]
09-04-2002, 03:46 PM

WTF are you saying..?
We're talking about tracks(which there are only 8 of, read gamepot's review carefully) and not cars here...
But now, I'm starting to undertand why a lot of people feel ripped off. They thought of GT 2002 as of GT3 killer. Well, time to remember that Sega never had A+ quality titles that applealed to casual fans.
GT 2002 is their nice attempt, but it's ain't no GT3 and was never supposed to be.

I'm sorry..I meant to say tracks. According to ebgames.com there's more than 12 tracks. And according to xengamers' review, sega gt 2002 only has 12 tracks. ??

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/categories/products/product.asp?pf_id=214866

http://www.xengamers.com/sections/reviews/8486/

don't forget about the add-on discs that sega will release later.

AcidJazz
09-04-2002, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by nico [txb]

I'm sorry..I meant to say tracks. According to ebgames.com there's more than 12 tracks. And according to xengamers' review, sega gt 2002 only has 12 tracks. ??

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/categories/products/product.asp?pf_id=214866

http://www.xengamers.com/sections/reviews/8486/

don't forget about the add-on discs that sega will release later.

Sorry if I was too harsh...
xengamers probably did not even play GT 2002 yet..;)
gamespot says 8 and I find it to be a trustworthy source...

nico [txb]
09-04-2002, 03:56 PM

Sorry if I was too harsh...
xengamers probably did not even play GT 2002 yet..;)
gamespot says 8 and I find it to be a trustworthy source...

at least it has a garage.:D

GO BUCCS!!!
09-04-2002, 08:27 PM

Looks like someone forgot to take his medication...:eek: looks like someone forgot to wipe the m$ ass of off her lips. :confused:

TIME
09-04-2002, 09:00 PM
I'm not looking for a personal battle with you GO BUCS. I can understand your disappointment with Xbox, I just can't agree with it. My comment was only an attempt to be humerous in light of your rant. I was no Xbox fanboy before last November. I owned a PS2 and was happy to stick with it. I saw a Halo demo running one day at the local game store and was immediately converted. I sold my PS2 to buy 5 more Xbox games and have no regrets. I can remember the first year of PS2 games and in comparison the Xbox is a MONSTER. Between now and the end of the year there are about 12-15 games coming on my personal must own list. I'm stoked that the Xbox exists and that I own it. The launch of XBL is only going to double my fun. :cool:

nemesYs
09-04-2002, 09:02 PM
Well said TIME.