PDA

View Full Version : Flying levels in Turok

kofijamal
09-03-2002, 07:20 PM
Ok, I'm not liking these flying levels. They feel so forced. How many of these do I have to deal with? It's bad enough I can't have the controls like how I have it in Halo, left thunbs straffs, but I have to deal with this crazy dino flying into everything. Argghhh!!!!

consolegamer
09-03-2002, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by kofijamal
Ok, I'm not liking these flying levels. They feel so forced. How many of these do I have to deal with? It's bad enough I can't have the controls like how I have it in Halo, left thunbs straffs, but I have to deal with this crazy dino flying into everything. Argghhh!!!!

There's only 2 chapters of flying. If you want to bypass it, use the cheats listed in the new release section!!!

Or type in

sellout

kofijamal
09-03-2002, 08:03 PM
I don't want to skip any levels, I just find it boring and very shallow. I mean, loading and starting the next part of a level in mid-flight? Nuts.

Mercury
09-03-2002, 08:30 PM
I don't mind the flying levels myself. They are a lot of fun. Flying under dinosaurs, between tree branches, under falling trees; and while shooting missiles and gunfire. I really like it.

No Fear 23
09-03-2002, 09:08 PM
just give it time, and get use to it. when i first tried it, i was like fuk this, im taking it back. but later, i gave it anotehr try till i got a hang of it and i was flying like a pro. trust me, u will want to pass those ghey flying levels, cause ch 5-9( 9 is what im on now) are awesome. just give it time

consolegamer
09-03-2002, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by irule23
just give it time, and get use to it. when i first tried it, i was like fuk this, im taking it back. but later, i gave it anotehr try till i got a hang of it and i was flying like a pro. trust me, u will want to pass those ghey flying levels, cause ch 5-9( 9 is what im on now) are awesome. just give it time

What??? It gets more intense than chapter 5??? Damn , I'm in heaven. No, seriously though. are their other chapters more intense than 5???

No Fear 23
09-03-2002, 09:28 PM
6 and 8:eek: :eek:

chapter 6, i dont want to spoil it for u, just beware of alot of booby traps and raptors and u r back in the jungle and u have to find those blue light keys things to unlock doors and shiat, i got killed 5 times getting caught in traps. this game is just awesome

kofijamal
09-04-2002, 09:26 AM
I got past the flying level. I liked that last part of level 2, I felt like I was flying. I suggust to Turok's makers to leave the flying on rails to Star Fox and Panzer Dragoon. The inability to right straff is still ****ing me off, but level 3 is very fun. One too many cheap shots and the realy need some save points, I was damn near at the end of the level, frickin' ambush with two laser turrets. Those jerks! But that t-rex...:eek: It was worth level 2's mess.

ChiZel_MunKee
09-04-2002, 09:36 AM
Sounds like a great game. Does anyone know if Blockbuster has it yet? The one here takes forever to get a new game.

ScorpionX
09-04-2002, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by ChiZel_MunKee
Sounds like a great game. Does anyone know if Blockbuster has it yet? The one here takes forever to get a new game.

My Blockbuster gets a new game after two weeks, that is way too long to wait. I don't like Blockbuster anyway. :o I just bought the game and I was satisfied. If you buy it at EB you can return it.

Toonz
09-05-2002, 05:10 PM
I'm on level 3 where you have to make your way down the mountain. Do I need to run and gun, will the baddies eventually stop coming. It appears to be one of thoser levels where enemies keep appearing out of thin air if you don't move up. Is this the case ? So far this game is hella fun. Its my second fave game Xbox has.