PDA

View Full Version : Halo 2 Trailer Today

KevinM
09-04-2002, 06:07 AM
Today is THE day that every proud Xbox owner has been longing for. Today at 6pm (PST) the highly anticipated Halo 2 trailer will be making it's premiere to the world for everyone to salivate over. The streaming trailer will be exclusive to windowsmedia.com and will require the download and installation of the new Windows Media Player 9 that also launches today. The Halo 2 trailer will be taking full advantage of the new Media Players' codec with 5.1 surround sound incorportated and a resolution of 480p as well. Can I get a Hell yeah!!
:cool:

Post In this thread what you thought of the trailer

**Thread will be opened at 6pm (PST) 9pm (EST) **

XBOX MSSC
09-04-2002, 08:03 PM
Dude, it's not showing up on bungie.net, :(

Xbox Owner
09-04-2002, 08:12 PM
Xbox.com right side

DOWNLOAD YOU PEICE OF ****!!!!!! DAMN YOU!!!!!

XBOX MSSC
09-04-2002, 08:14 PM
OMG O_O

ScorpionX
09-04-2002, 08:16 PM
I just watched it, it is OK, I guess, I was expecting something different.

anarky
09-04-2002, 08:18 PM
Must....see...trailor!

XBOX MSSC
09-04-2002, 08:18 PM
DUDE, i'm happy I don't live in times like that...yet (if another 9 11 happens it could be like that):eek:

DeathKnightMaF
09-04-2002, 08:19 PM
Wow!!! :eek: :eek:

EHWfedPres
09-04-2002, 08:22 PM
Looks great, but no gameplay videos...but I didnt expect any cause its too early

ScorpionX
09-04-2002, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
Looks great, but no gameplay videos...but I didnt expect any cause its too early

I didn't think there would be any gameplay videos, but I wanted to see some of the new vehicles or weapons. I don't think they needed a countdown clock just for that. :D

spy_spirit
09-04-2002, 08:39 PM
It was sooooo nice!:eek:

I watched it 3 time in a row! lol

I can't wait for the game!

Shorezy
09-04-2002, 08:42 PM
SIMPLY STUNNING!! I CAN NOT WAIT!! Bungie, I solute you. Thank you, and congradulations. I CAN NOT WAIT

Vortex
09-04-2002, 08:51 PM
OMG!!!!! That is a great trailer!!!!!! i just watched it 4 times in a row! This is going to be THE GAME -EVER-. If there is an award for best game ever made, HALO 2 will get it. If it dosent i will eat my hat, watch, and Xbox. Damn that game looks good! Just be glad you cant turn on your TV and see Apocalypse.

Vortex

wweomaniac
09-04-2002, 09:07 PM
It was OK. I was hoping for some more action.

I think Ottawa got bombed :(

But do you guys think the physics was real? Can a nuke spread so quickly? I thought the nukes spread too quickly.

And why wouldn't Mastercheif die if he landed on the ship? He dies when you fall far in the single player missions.

Fred Gasman
09-04-2002, 09:09 PM
It was good.
Music had energy and the effects looked cool.
Those huge battle ships looked sweet!

frog11983
09-04-2002, 09:14 PM
i want some game play footage! but this will do for now.

JimmieDoogan
09-04-2002, 09:25 PM
OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You all realize that this is not FMV... this is realtime graphics done by XBOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the depth of field blur when they focus on the box as he walks into the air lock. Stunning!!!!!!! I can't wait!!!!!!! OMG!!!!! This is why I bought a replacement Xbox!!!!! Also checked out the Brute Force trailer... now I'm really hyped... to early to be hyped... Need to calm down... gotta chief a splizzy right qizzy!!!!!!!! WEEEEEE HOOOO JIM BOI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maxx-Attack
09-04-2002, 09:31 PM
Hmm... good video.

I have a question though, is this video an "in game" video? What I'm trying to ask is, will in game play look as good as the video did? If so, then suck me sideways!!! And just think, they still have another year and a half to finish this huge bundle of joy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait!

WOWSY
09-04-2002, 09:32 PM
Just good enough to make me drool for the next 15months.

I downloaded the "Age Of Mythology" trailer and that one kicked ass also.

squid413
09-04-2002, 09:34 PM
This was a good video, but i thought they said it would be in game footage.

JimmieDoogan
09-04-2002, 09:42 PM
MAXX, did you not understand my post... REALTIME GRAPHICS PROCESSED BY THE XBOX GAMING CONSOLE!!!!!!!!!!! That means the game ALREADY looks that good... imagine how good it will look when it comes out next year. ;)

DeathKnightMaF
09-04-2002, 09:43 PM
The footage is in-engine meaning it's running entirely off the new Halo 2 engine (you can even see the jaggies). Don't you think it's a little too early to have in-game let alone gameplay footage?

Flex
09-04-2002, 09:52 PM
Yeah... I thought it was good looking but was expecting more.

Guess we will just have to wait for Xmas 2003.

~FLEX

MageOfTheMatrix
09-04-2002, 10:03 PM
I expected more but it will do. Much better use of bump mapping this time.

It may actually reveal the storyline of Halo 2. It looks like MC is proceeding with the original plan from the book and he's going to steal a covenant ship to take to their home planet.

Citainus
09-04-2002, 10:15 PM
Indeed, the graphical aspect of the HALO trailer has me reeled, but the Brute Force trailer caught me off guard, I never thought it would be any interesting until now.

bbchs_trash
09-04-2002, 10:24 PM
Why do you nit pick?

These are the best graphics in any game ever...

Yes, better than Doom 3.

Why would you be expecting Gameplay footage? I am sorry but if you are going to complain about a trailer that great, suck my ****. This made me feel like I was at the movies watching a damned trailer for the next Blockbuster, or was I?

Jesus, can they make you hang off of your seat anymore?

Maxx-Attack
09-04-2002, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by bbchs_trash
Why do you nit pick?

These are the best graphics in any game ever...

Yes, better than Doom 3.

Why would you be expecting Gameplay footage? I am sorry but if you are going to complain about a trailer that great, suck my ****. This made me feel like I was at the movies watching a damned trailer for the next Blockbuster, or was I?

Jesus, can they make you hang off of your seat anymore?

I don't think anyone was upset with the movie, just look at the poll.

Personally, I think this game looks better then ANY OTHER XBOX GAME I HAVE SEEN. I was just wonder if it was an "in-game" video.

Citainus
09-04-2002, 11:00 PM
If you're wondering if it's in game it's the same deal as HALO, what you see is what you play, at all times, Bungie stated that.

Does anyone have a transcipt of the dialogue?

LynxFX
09-04-2002, 11:16 PM
It was OK. Definately a jump up from Halo graphics and it looked alot 'cleaner' than Halo did. Since they have over a year to really tweak it then I'm sure we are going to get an awesome game. I was just expecting more from the trailer. The soundtrack is going to be top notch once again!

And what was up with the silver pen|s spacecraft? LOL

Xbox Owner
09-05-2002, 12:01 AM
It Was ok..awesome just too short:(

Reclaimer
09-05-2002, 04:01 AM
OK,
It freaking rocked. I'm going to download my own copy to keep. I even like this new WMP9. Anyway, I can't wait. But my only thing is that I bought Dead to Rights. The intro movie is bad ass. The graphics in the movie are awesopme. But the game is not rendered in the same way. It's like 2 different things. Look at the detail of the people in the movie, and look at the stripper when you get to that part. It looks like she was drawn with a crayon. She has mittens for hands for god's sake. But that's my only concern. After seeing the Halo2 trailer and going erect in a matter of seconds, I hope for all that's holy, that the game is rendered the same way that the trailer is.

But needless to say, I was impressed. So much I still have wood.

RIGOR_MORTIS
09-05-2002, 07:12 AM
Quick question, I'm at work and am using NT, which version should I download? There's not one that says for NT, just XP, and the 2000, ME etc. ??? I'm at work, and don't want to risk screwing something up!!! HELP!

Chr0nik
09-05-2002, 07:15 AM
What was all the hype about, I was really disappointed, frankly I think it sucked.

beserker
09-05-2002, 07:22 AM
I liked it it was a nice teaser let's try you doing something like that way before your game is out.

styles
09-05-2002, 10:46 AM
That was a pretty good teaser but the idea of Master Chief surviving that huge fall onto the Covenant ship:rolleyes: I don't think so.. heh..

No gameplay footage but still good enough to keep me excited.

Btw, someone earlier mentioned that the graphics is better than Doom 3... :rolleyes: I wouldn't go that far just yet.. Let's not forget that Carmack is the father of all modern FPS.. Doom 3's capabilities can go beyond that of the Xbox.. it'll be pushing GeForce 4..

beserker
09-05-2002, 11:46 AM
That was a pretty good teaser but the idea of Master Chief surviving that huge fall onto the Covenant ship I don't think so.. heh..

it's space you don't have the same g-pull as on earth plus this is MC we are talking about.

BullitNC
09-05-2002, 12:47 PM
They made a jump like that in the book "Fall of Reach" also.

P-Rock
09-05-2002, 01:55 PM
It did look pretty sharp, and I think it will live up to what Halo did.

Still, its too early to tell what kind of game it will be. We only know that the next environment is Earth. Lets wait for some more screen and trailers, then we can get even more hyped.

faceoff508
09-05-2002, 02:09 PM
It was great, I cant wait to see it complete. Also I hope Bungie doesnt rush it like the first one.

Anthony4sho
09-05-2002, 05:59 PM
The trailer is everything i expected it to be. Awesome. Oh, and 4 the one millionth time...............

ITZ IN GAME FOOTAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nas
09-05-2002, 06:49 PM
it was straight.:p

KingAlias
09-06-2002, 07:26 AM
:eek: It was ok, not as much action as I thought it'd have. :eek:

RIGOR_MORTIS
09-06-2002, 09:07 AM
It was good to see something... We all wanted a bone... And that's what we got. This game will rule all that is good.

WOWSY
09-06-2002, 11:36 PM
Like I said before I will be drooling for the next 15 months while they finish it, but that's ok with me if Bungie doesn't rush things and gets it perfect. It'll be worth the wait.

SoccerCJM77
09-07-2002, 05:25 PM
I haven't got to see the trailer yet because my computer is so slow:mad:

xxxboxlive
09-07-2002, 09:57 PM
Sony can kiss it's PS franchise away, come Halo2 launch day.

Plewis
09-09-2002, 10:25 PM
i was hoping to see more from the gameplay aspect but looked pretty good:)