PDA

View Full Version : A few questions (plz answer b4 saturday morning uk time)

wheatus-frog-uk
09-04-2002, 09:55 AM
Hey,

I have luckily just got a bit of cash - enough to get the DVD Remote, a DVD and a xbox game.

I am not so sure what game to get so i guess 1 question is, what game should i get?

The game must be out by saturday in the Uk!

@ the moment i own:

Halo
RSC
PGR
Amped
Gun Valkyrie
Enclaved
Moto GP
JSRF

I am seriously thinking about buying Morrowing as i am a huge RPG fan. However, i am not sure if it is out in the UK yet? Anybody?

Also, have all of the bugs such as the DDE message been sorted in it?

Please answer any questions if you can!

thanks in advanced

dan

btw - anybody recommend a good DVD?

Radar
09-04-2002, 09:59 AM
Morrowind is NOT out yet in the UK to the best of my knowledge. If you like FPS games, get Turok. It's long, starts out slowly, but then becomes huge piles of fun.

AcidJazz
09-04-2002, 10:02 AM
You got a pretty good collection, so I don't really know what to recommend(I'm not a RPG fan)...
Get Lord of the Rings on DVD though(especially if you have a Home Theatre)

jschelm
09-04-2002, 10:07 AM
I can't say for sure if Morrowind is out yet in the UK, but they definately have not fixed the dirty disk or any of the other stability issues. If you are informed on them and feel like you can like with them I HIGHLY recommend this game. It is hours and hours of fun.

biotricon
09-04-2002, 12:10 PM
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind doesn't get a UK release till 18/10/2002.

I'd say you have all the decent games that have been released in the UK, apart from maybe Hunter, which does have it's moments.

Turok and Bruce Lee - Quest Of The Dragon are both released on Friday. But reviews on both have been mixed, so renting before buying might be inorder. If it were me I'd wait till the 13th when -

Conflict: Desert Storm
Buffy The Vampire Slayer
Unreal Championship
Commandos 2 and
Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX 2

are all due for a UK release.

By the way you can get the DVD Playback Kit for £17.99 delivered
here (http://www.playserver4.com/play247.asp?page=title&r=XBOX&title=101396) as well as some great DVD and Xbox prices. Hope this helps.

wheatus-frog-uk
09-04-2002, 12:50 PM
thanks 4 ur replies guys!

i dont think i will buy Hunter due to enclave also being hack n' slash...

so other than morrowind what other games are worth buying?

thanks

dan

btw- whats peoples opinions on conflict desert storm so far?

ChiZel_MunKee
09-04-2002, 01:48 PM
I suggest Spider-Man or SSX Tricky and get LOTR on DVD. Man I love that movie.

wheatus-frog-uk
09-05-2002, 10:13 AM
I dont think i will get spider-man, lol

I bought it when it first game out... didnt like it and ended up trading it.

other ideas?

thanks!

dan

whatsyourprob?
09-05-2002, 12:17 PM
I reccomend the Akira TIN DVD... it comes in a TIN case... i thought i had finally found it when i went on vacation... turns out its just gray plastic with a black sleve, so the search continues! =[ but its a double disk DVD and is real cool.

hiter101
09-05-2002, 01:53 PM
i think u should get spider man its a pretty kool game but pretty easy :)

Woocifer
09-05-2002, 02:22 PM
Buffy the Vampire Slayer is a quality title. Look past the whole it's a chick thing and you will find the game to be a really cool title. I just picked up The Thing and Sega GT 2002.

Sega GT seems a little slow and dull and a bit tough, but it may get better.

The Thing seems interesting, I still have yet to get into it though.

I personally didn't think Morrowind was anything special and was really repetitive with the quests...and I personally do like RPG's I just cannot stand all the reading and dull content. If there is going to be extra content, make it pertinant...blah

Anyways most of the games I picked up throughout the summer have bit blew stunk or sucked...yes its been a messy summer ;)

So I recommend Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

dave_m123
09-05-2002, 02:48 PM
Enclave is nothing like Hunter.