PDA

View Full Version : ((Halo2 Trailer thoughts and impressions))

egg
09-04-2002, 08:23 PM
So.. What you guys/girls think????

Just noticed the Halo 2 Trailer Today pole... Feel free to post there and let this one die!! :D

Dar
09-04-2002, 08:24 PM
I think it's nice.

thedrisc
09-04-2002, 08:25 PM
It looks awesome for a game thats not due out for another year or more.

its going to rock!

EHWfedPres
09-04-2002, 08:27 PM
Winter 03 is the expected release...

I wanted to see something new, but oh well...looks alot better than the original game tho...if thats what the game will looks like...I wanted gameplay videos ******.

carlbme
09-04-2002, 08:29 PM
Don't know since I'm running WindowsNT and I can't install MP9 to watch it :mad:

MixMasta
09-04-2002, 08:30 PM
i think its taking way to lon to buffer!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

kazual
09-04-2002, 08:32 PM
Was looking for some action scenes.. new vehicles shown.. etc

carlbme
09-04-2002, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by MixMasta
i think its taking way to lon to buffer!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Right click/Save As

I downloaded it (not thinking about MP9 not installing on NT) at 787kbs

egg
09-04-2002, 08:36 PM
I thought it looked Great.. Imagine playing that HDTV style... Yes.. It didnt show alot of action But.... Can you just see the potential??? I know I can......

plpkb
09-04-2002, 08:38 PM
It worked like a slide show for me. Even after I dl'ed it to my desktop.
BTW didnt we all know what was in the video its been talked about since x02.

netranger6
09-04-2002, 08:41 PM
Hmmm....was that Florida getting nuked like that ??? Oh well, just the same. So what's up, is Master Chief doing a free fall to earth or something? Was he fixing to latch on to that ship and open a can of alien whoop ass?? Ohh my, too many questions already....

ice_141
09-04-2002, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by plpkb
I worked like a slide show for me. Even after I dl'ed it to my desktop.
BTW didnt we all know what was in the video is been talked about since x02.

I feel your pain, thanks god I'm getting a new pc soon. 300mhx here, and i ****** **** **** ****** hate this **** son of a ***** ********* god *****.

Lauren-Xrealm-
09-04-2002, 08:56 PM
Being the owner/webmistress of my upcoming site www.xrealm.tk
and a op in irc.dal.net on #xbox.

My opinion is this photage was in game because you can tell from the aliased line, I wasn't suprised but it has been upped alot since version 1. I was very hyped for it! but it let me down I was hoping to see some in game First Person Mode style(I think we all did), but I guess not and see some of the new content added such as vehicles, terrains, aliens etc... I also expected it to be much longer about 10-15 minutes.

This 2:31 trailor for the 2 minutes I would have suggested adding more content into it, but hey we're all time pressed and time=money. This game has a good background to it and it will be as enjoyable as the first one.

My last thought was hmmm... I wasn't too amazed by it nor under amazed. All the hype made the trailer seem like crap.

MixMasta
09-04-2002, 08:58 PM
that was ok, i wish they would have shown more, and it was choppy for me which made me really mad!

maximan00
09-04-2002, 08:59 PM
Very nice trailer. I wish there was some gameplay shown..

Kooster
09-04-2002, 09:01 PM
so master chief is gonna fight on earth...thats gonna be so awesome!! btw, did he like go through that spaceship at the end???

Dar
09-04-2002, 09:01 PM
What did you honestly expect? The game is over a year off. I'm sure that what you saw won't look much like the final product anyway.

Guibs
09-04-2002, 09:03 PM
The trailler is great. Lots of jaggies but the game isn't even close to be done and even with the jaggies, it's look like the best thing to ever grace the xbox to date.

The trailer is a teaser, no gameplay element here, although it sure give the initial information we need. Earth is in bad trouble and John 117 (the Master Chef) with Cortana will need to save it. So the setting is on earth and it looks damn good to me. I can't wait to see how earth is being done in the future.

The graphics are incredible like I said (all in game screens by the way, after close examination, it's in game, IN ENGINE trailler, so it's the real thing guys!), the sounds are also perfect and I always been in love with Halo soundtrack (which remind me I need to order that halo sound track about now).

Anyway, the trailler is great (I feel like I am repeating myself) and the only thing I want to do now is play halo 2 so since it's impossible, I'll go back to play Halo, the original one.

As for the chopping performance that some mention, I did get some at first. My previous windows media was in 200% zoom in windows mode. It got choppy and I was missing some scene. So I want back to 100%, normal display and no chopping performance, than I thought it was small and needed to see more details, so I went to Full screen mode, no chopping or bad performance, so I could enjoy the trailler like it was meant to be (full mode require offer better performance since it's taking the most of your ressources to display it unlike windows who share the ressources amoung the different windows open.

P.S.: one more thing, is it me or they change the actor who did Master chief's voice in Halo 2 compare to halo 1 ? Anyway, cortana seems like the same person...

egg
09-04-2002, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Lauren-Xrealm-
Being the owner/webmistress of my upcoming site www.xrealm.tk
and a op in irc.dal.net on #xbox.

My opinion is this photage was in game because you can tell from the aliased line, I wasn't suprised but it has been upped alot since version 1. I was very hyped for it! but it let me down I was hoping to see some in game First Person Mode style(I think we all did), but I guess not and see some of the new content added such as vehicles, terrains, aliens etc... I also expected it to be much longer about 10-15 minutes.

This 2:31 trailor for the 2 minutes I would have suggested adding more content into it, but hey we're all time pressed and time=money. This game has a good background to it and it will be as enjoyable as the first one.

My last thought was hmmm... I wasn't too amazed by it nor under amazed. All the hype made the trailer seem like crap.

Let me be the first to welcome you. :) and a very good first post!!!
I agree with what you say...but you all have to remember... the game is still very early in development.. They just wanted to throw something at us. They didn't have to you know..So feel lucky you seen anything... Did you like what you saw??

ice_141
09-04-2002, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by maximan00
Very nice trailer. I wish there was some gameplay shown..

If you mean actualy gameplay footage, with guns and whatnot, ok, but i you mean the in game graphics, you were watching them.

maximan00
09-04-2002, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Dar
What did you honestly expect? The game is over a year off. I'm sure that what you saw won't look much like the final product anyway.

i was hoping for a PC version demo! J/K..I guess I didnt know what to expect.

lefiend
09-04-2002, 10:06 PM
the trailer is sweet, amazing graphics, the master chief's voice sounds different,

BUT

how is he supposed to survive that monster fall onto the ship!!!
WTF!!

in the game, he dies if he falls 20 feet, i cant handle this!

peace

morfeeis
09-04-2002, 10:12 PM
MORF GIVES IT TWO NUTTS UP!!

IT HAD WHAT I REALLY WANTED TO SEE A DAM STORY. AND THE GFX MADE ME CUM 4 TIMES. I CANT WAIT TO GET MY HANDS ON IT (AND HALO 2)

bwn82k
09-04-2002, 10:15 PM
All I know is that Assault Rifle he's holding has a scope on it! :eek:

X-Bond 007
09-04-2002, 10:24 PM
apperently the ships are the new alien race. if you listen closely, you can hear cortana talking to the ground forces. and she says she's sending in the reinforcement. And the other guy says, what reinforcement.

I think... (very dangerous)

that masterchief jumps to the alien ship, then he gonna hijack it, land on earth, go activate the earth "laser" gun and save the day.:)

well... theres my speculation with 0% proof! :cool:

XboxGamers
09-04-2002, 10:34 PM
Now that's what Xbox hardware is all about!! :)

GokuX
09-04-2002, 10:47 PM
Amazing. On the same level as Doom 3.

Lauren-Xrealm-
09-04-2002, 11:15 PM
- Why -

Why when people say "It's not finished yet when it's finished it will look 900x better"

NO it won't... and if so just some minor mishaps texture out of place, object a is at object b etc... NOTHING they aren't gonna go oh "Look here it's not finished we will add etc.." If they did they would have to restart the project. They do something called plan before they make it, they don't just go wing it they have 1 idea stick to it.

Also they won't show any more fotage of it besides that trailer and screens. Same as they did with every other xbox game.

egg
09-04-2002, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Lauren-Xrealm-
- Why -

Why when people say "It's not finished yet when it's finished it will look 900x better"

NO it won't... and if so just some minor mishaps texture out of place, object a is at object b etc... NOTHING they aren't gonna go oh "Look here it's not finished we will add etc.." If they did they would have to restart the project. They do something called plan before they make it, they don't just go wing it they have 1 idea stick to it.

Also they won't show any more fotage of it besides that trailer and screens. Same as they did with every other xbox game.

I will have to disagree with you on this one... I have seen many a times a screen shot or a movie on a game still in development .. just to see a big improvement later....There are also times when the opposite happens!!! My point is.. *LOOKING* Anyway.. Most of the comments were more for what they showed or didnt show not about bad graphics and how they will get better... :rolleyes:

-------------------Back on topic------------------------------------------------

WOW.. What a trailer......................................

ozmosis
09-04-2002, 11:45 PM
that could possibly be the worst trailer i ever saw.

huskerman44
09-04-2002, 11:56 PM
Please don't get me wrong here, I really liked the trailer, but.....

I wish they would put more effort into actual gameplay rather than spending so much time on movies. These games could be so much better if they just stuck to the game.

It's just like the replay modes in racing games, that's all you see on the commercial, trailer and usually the box. Then you buy the game and say "um, what happened to the gameplay graphics".

But anyway, just my thoughts.

fowlowl
09-05-2002, 12:38 AM
I wasnt able to watch the trailor. The WindowsMedia 9 Beta wont run any movies on my computer. Can anyone help me?
Did this happen to anyone else.

beserker
09-05-2002, 06:46 AM
It wasn't even a trailer it was a TEASER it's still 16months off and even longer if you count when they started making the teaser.
E3 2003 you may expect a TRAILER.

The game will look like that what will be added is more fx,art,ect..
You don't do AA until the end of the production cycle (to see how much power you still got left).

The teaser was nice and new weapons,vehicles,bla bla bla...takes time to put in.

and gameplay? bwhaha it waay to far of for that, maybe if they made one right now the could start showing gameplay.

Woocifer
09-05-2002, 08:01 AM
This is the same crap we deal with day in and day out from any preview... they put out some CG choreographed cut scene and expect us to be excited about it.

I'll say it again, if I wanted to watch some cool computer graphics then I will watch Toy Story 2 or something along those lines... I don't care how well the cinematics are right now, I want to see in game first person footage. If they don't have it then don't release it.

I know the game will be pretty cool, but how long did it take for us to see in game footage of brute force? And even then it hasn't been too much.

Why can't they realise that we need to see the game before we want the game instead of just showing a clip of some 3d animators cinematic....blah

beserker
09-05-2002, 08:31 AM
it's not CG and whine away..

the game isn't ready to show it like you want it,it wouldn't work,ai,sound,weapon animation,enemy ai and animation do you really expect them to have that the first day? god morons rule the earth btw bf was already 1.5 years in developement when the first shots where shown..

xboxtito
09-05-2002, 08:39 AM
the game looks good but got 2 wait for winter of 2k3 2 play the game. too long

CadGeek
09-05-2002, 08:51 AM
It's not cg. The trailer was made using the game engine. What's so hard to understand about that?

I watched it last night on my big screen and was blown away. They are showing it on G4.

AcidJazz
09-05-2002, 09:03 AM
Yep, nice, but I want to see in-game movies before judging...
One cheesy, teaser will definately not help me to make my decision...

RIGOR_MORTIS
09-05-2002, 09:14 AM
People, enough with the in game comments... Jeez... You people obviously have no clue how long it takes to crank out a game, and the time it takes have have enough code to actually show some footage without being laughed at. The movie was cool, and we all know the game will rock. The first game lived up to the hype, and the next one will too in my opinion.

AcidJazz
09-05-2002, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by RIGOR_MORTIS
People, enough with the in game comments... Jeez... You people obviously have no clue how long it takes to crank out a game, and the time it takes have have enough code to actually show some footage without being laughed at. The movie was cool, and we all know the game will rock. The first game lived up to the hype, and the next one will too in my opinion.

I just said I want to see an in-game footage before making my judgement.
Keywords are before making my judgement.
I did not say that I think the game will turn out to be crap.
Stop acting like this.

Radar
09-05-2002, 09:42 AM
What I know of the trailer is that it was built using the game engine (as were all the cut scenes from the first Halo as well). They've REBUILT the engine for Halo 2. Its being redesigned completely. The game will look great when its done, it will be fun, it will be Xbox live, and this was a great teaser. The people at Bungie can tell a great story in their games and really get you pumped up.

The aliens are the Covenant, not some strange new alien race (as far as I have learned)

Master Chief is landing on the Covenant ship to kick some alien butt.

He will not die when he lands on the ship because he is in space and his velocity is not increasing much due to gravitational pull. His velocity was created by the escape of air out of the cargo hold he opened, not because of a "fall".

That's all the information to the best of my knowledge.

robnyack
09-05-2002, 11:18 AM
looked pretty good.

beserker
09-05-2002, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Radar
What I know of the trailer is that it was built using the game engine (as were all the cut scenes from the first Halo as well). They've REBUILT the engine for Halo 2. Its being redesigned completely. The game will look great when its done, it will be fun, it will be Xbox live, and this was a great teaser. The people at Bungie can tell a great story in their games and really get you pumped up.

The aliens are the Covenant, not some strange new alien race (as far as I have learned)

Master Chief is landing on the Covenant ship to kick some alien butt.

He will not die when he lands on the ship because he is in space and his velocity is not increasing much due to gravitational pull. His velocity was created by the escape of air out of the cargo hold he opened, not because of a "fall".

That's all the information to the best of my knowledge.

He is close to earth so yes everything without a momentum that travels arond the planet (a orbit) or with engines would be pulled to it.The force would be alot smaller than on earth itself though.
So the 'fall' isn't that hard.