PDA

View Full Version : I highly recommend Enclave

Dar
09-05-2002, 03:01 AM
This game is cool. It's got a little bit of everything. At its heart it's a traditional hack 'n slash. RPG elements like finding gold, purchasing armor and weapons. The purchasing system is simple and very forgiving. No haggling over prices, no selling at a loss. It's even a little reminiscent of Halo. Your longbow can zoom in and out just like the sniper rifle. Check this one out. You won't be let down.

RIGOR_MORTIS
09-05-2002, 07:42 AM
Dar, I don't know how long you've been playing it, but you're right. It's my favorite game on Xbox. I'm in the underworld, and I can say the graphics and gameplay are truely sweet. I like going back to older levels with kick but weapons and finding all the gold and secrets I missed! The underworld has kicked my butt the passed two days. I have a feeling I'll beat the level today. I LOVE THE CHALLENGE. It reminds me of the old days of playing games and throwing my controller! I love to hit pause and pace when I come to a point that I haven't passed in the game and get mentally ready! heehee... I recommend this game to all!

Afro Aura
09-05-2002, 08:08 AM
Come on guys!! don't compare Enclave to Halo as it's an insult to Halo, sure it the most gorgeous game I've played so far but the gameplay STINKS all you do it go around hacking and slashing who ever stands in your way, I was so bored playing it I played the game in god mode only to see the graphics through the game. personally I think that Gunmetal is a whole load better than that Enclave

anyway thats my 2 cents

RIGOR_MORTIS
09-05-2002, 09:02 AM
Afro Aura, you are certifiable. :) Swords AND crossbows! The repeating Crossbow is like a gun. I think the game is awesome. I played the demo for Gunmetal, and that is not in the same league as Enclave. Not that I'm comparing Enclave to Halo, but it's an epic like it is. My wife to be even likes Enclave. And she's a tough woman to please w/ video games...

Gunmetal... puhlease...

AcidJazz
09-05-2002, 09:31 AM
If somebody could make me play the darn game...:(

RIGOR_MORTIS
09-05-2002, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by AcidJazz
If somebody could make me play the darn game...:(

Wha?

Radar
09-05-2002, 09:38 AM
I played Enclave for 5 days and was not compelled to play it further. I didn't like it personally.

RIGOR_MORTIS
09-05-2002, 09:52 AM
Aw, Radar... Y tu Brute?

Man, what level did you get to? The first few are slow, but when you get to later levels, find secret levels etc. the game rocks... COME ON!!!!

OK, I'm a walking Billboard for Enclave... What can I say...?

AcidJazz
09-05-2002, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by RIGOR_MORTIS

Wha?

I can't make myself to play my Xbox...
Forums get me really pumped up for it, but as soon as I turn it on, I lose all of my interest...

robnyack
09-05-2002, 10:01 AM
it is one of the better games on the xbox, no question. Visual and audio is a true treat.

while game play could have been better, and of course the dreaded no check points make the game more frustrating than it should be, it still is a game that should not be overlooked.

Very intense fun game.

Radar
09-05-2002, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by RIGOR_MORTIS
Aw, Radar... Y tu Brute?

Man, what level did you get to? The first few are slow, but when you get to later levels, find secret levels etc. the game rocks... COME ON!!!!

OK, I'm a walking Billboard for Enclave... What can I say...?

I didn't like the "cheap" kills sucks as getting blown up by an unseen catapult, a chunk of wood or stone falling on your character killing it, the poor collision detection between characters, sword swings that go through enemies doing no damage, etc. The graphics were very nice though. Some of the best. The gameplay was lacking for me though.

I got up to the lava beast and grew bored with the game. I rented it from Blockbuster. That was my experience with the game. The Druid was very fine looking though. Heh heh

Afro Aura
09-05-2002, 10:31 AM
Hey Rigor I'm sure Enclave is a good game but thats because we don't have any real FPS (or 3rd) except Halo (and in the 3rd Gunmetal ROCKS) they are so many things that got on my nerves in Enclave like when you change from sword to crossbow the damn enemys on top of ya, I just got pi$$ed off trying to so save the damn wizard locked in to that machine where you have to pull 4 levers to get him out, so come on Rigor the gameplay in Enclave doesn't do the graphic and sound the respect the game should have :eek:

consolegamer
09-05-2002, 10:39 AM
Enclave is da bomb. No question. Whomever don't like it, don't like challenging games. The graphics, gameplay, audio, and the fact that the game can be played as a light person or a dark person is awesome. My sig says it all!!!

Radar
09-05-2002, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by consolegamer
Enclave is da bomb. No question. Whomever don't like it, don't like challenging games. The graphics, gameplay, audio, and the fact that the game can be played as a light person or a dark person is awesome. My sig says it all!!!

I like challenging games. Enclave just wasn't fun for me. How can you say the gameplay was awesome? It wasn't.

DaturaX
09-05-2002, 10:49 AM
My wife picked up Enclave for me last week(out of the blue)and I wasnt sure I was going to open it because of all the mixed reviews it got.After 3 days I finally gave it and opened it up and I do not regret it.I think alot of game reviewers(and some gamers)have gotten too jaded/lazy for thier own good.Very underrated game IMO.

And WTF were people thinking *****ing about the controls?IMO they are fine,DTR on the other hand...........

EHWfedPres
09-05-2002, 10:55 AM
Et tu, Brute? Im going to have to lay down now...

Im getting Enclave next week when I get some money...

And Halo is not the best Xbox game...best multiplayer...maybe, for now...but not the best single player game...that goes to Morrowind (until I play Enclave)

Radar
09-05-2002, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
Et tu, Brute? Im going to have to lay down now...

Im getting Enclave next week when I get some money...

And Halo is not the best Xbox game...best multiplayer...maybe, for now...but not the best single player game...that goes to Morrowind (until I play Enclave)
I have Halo, Morrowind, and I have rented Enclave. Halo is a much better game then Morrowind IMO. Halo beats morrowind in terms of gameplay, controls, combat, and graphics. Morrowind is a long RPG that is far too easy for its own good and gets boring after a month or two. I'm still playing Halo nearly a year after purchasing it.

TIME
09-05-2002, 11:20 AM
I agree, Enclave was a sleeper hit for me. It took me a couple of levels to get hooked, but then it really sucked me in. I started with the big hacker characters, moved to the wizard type, and finished with the archers. The only character I did not use enough on either light or dark side was the engineer type.

EHWfedPres
09-05-2002, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Radar

I have Halo, Morrowind, and I have rented Enclave. Halo is a much better game then Morrowind IMO. Halo beats morrowind in terms of gameplay, controls, combat, and graphics. Morrowind is a long RPG that is far too easy for its own good and gets boring after a month or two. I'm still playing Halo nearly a year after purchasing it.

Well we all have out own opinions...but we dont have a level 112 character with a full set of enchanted daedric armor, and a countless amount of magic weapons and money...

No matter how often you play Halo, the missions will always be the same...but Morrowind has way too much depth...theres way too many things to do in that game...you just got to know what your doing.

Toonz
09-05-2002, 05:48 PM
I got to the point in Morrowind where my character was a god. Than it was totally boring. When you can kill at will and do whatever you want whats the point. I didn't even bother to finish the main story. EB had a good trade in deal for Morrowind so bye bye it went. I couldn't stand the lame draw distance either. 1 step back no building, 1 step forward BAM huge tower ahead :rolleyes:

Dar
09-05-2002, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Toonz
I got to the point in Morrowind where my character was a god. Than it was totally boring. When you can kill at will and do whatever you want whats the point. I didn't even bother to finish the main story. EB had a good trade in deal for Morrowind so bye bye it went. I couldn't stand the lame draw distance either. 1 step back no building, 1 step forward BAM huge tower ahead :rolleyes:

Yes, it's gets real boring when the challenge disappears. The last thing I want to do is join a new faction and run stupid errands. Time to put it down. Great sig by the way.

Toonz
09-05-2002, 05:57 PM
Thanks for the compliment