PDA

View Full Version : Turok or Blade 2?

DenniZz81
09-05-2002, 09:33 AM
I dont know which game to get

let me hear your thoughts about these two games?

Radar
09-05-2002, 09:36 AM
Well, the only game I've played is Turok thus far. I'm on chapter 5 and loving it.

Chr0nik
09-05-2002, 09:41 AM
From the score on IGN, Blade did not get the greatest review (5.2). But who's to trust IGN?

consolegamer
09-05-2002, 10:41 AM
Just look at my sig, and if you don't have any of these games, go out and get one of them or all of them!!

Slacker
09-05-2002, 12:14 PM
Turok Baby Turok!!

I got it yesterday and am on chapter three, its getting awesome the graphics are killer the A.I. is getting good the wepons are getting better , the dinosaurs are getting bigger and meaner the enivirments are FILLED with wild life many differnt kinds of animals also , from many time periods , Chimps,Babbons, Sifka monkeys, Alligators , frogs ,parrots eagles, T-rexs, Diplodocus ,and a bunch of other dinosaurs, plus the Flying levels Kicks ass with Dogfights and strafing runs on ground troops , it's awesome and IM ONLY ON CHAPTER 3!!!

My only complaint is I whish there were more ontrol options but if you ever played golden eye with the solitaire setting there is one simuliar and the other are like Halo Default I guess, I dunno I play Legacy Inverted

GaMMa
09-05-2002, 03:13 PM
Can't wait to get this game, I'm going to have my parents pick it up for my birthday on September 8th...

Highlite23
09-05-2002, 03:15 PM
Get what you want, but these are two completlly different games.:D

JimmieDoogan
09-05-2002, 03:40 PM
DON'T GET BLADE II, It is REALLY bad... And I mean REALLY Freakin bad... like worse than Kabuki Warriors!!!!!!!!

DenniZz81
09-05-2002, 04:13 PM
i get it, buy turok and not blade 2.
anyway i really liked the movie blade 2..
to bad the game doesnt live up to it..
tnx guys!!!! :D :D

xboxrocks2003
09-05-2002, 05:09 PM
I'd go with Turok. It's an awesome game.:cool:

Ianl
09-05-2002, 05:56 PM
I'd have to agree, Turok is one kickass game.

hook-worm J
09-05-2002, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by DenniZz81
to bad the game doesnt live up to it..

They never do.... they never do.....

Nas
09-05-2002, 06:51 PM
just saw blade 2 last night........LOVED the movie! but the game sux...get Turok!

l Maximus l
09-05-2002, 09:34 PM
My younger brother rented Turok last weekend and I had a chance to get a glimpse of it... Well, that glimpse turned into a 3 hour glimpse! I had a blast! The only reason it wasn't longer was because I had to get home and get to bed so I could work the next day! :D I'll probably pick this one up.

Kraft
09-05-2002, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
My younger brother rented Turok last weekend and I had a chance to get a glimpse of it... Well, that glimpse turned into a 3 hour glimpse! I had a blast! The only reason it wasn't longer was because I had to get home and get to bed so I could work the next day! :D I'll probably pick this one up.

I'll raise a glass to that :) If you want to kill vampires, pick up buffy. I had a lot more fun with that game

kevgt2000
09-06-2002, 01:57 AM
rent them first! look for sega gt or dtr too

DVDGNZ
09-06-2002, 02:44 AM
Exactly, renting kicks @ss! Only exceptions are Halo and Morrowind.;)

DOOM
09-07-2002, 09:40 AM
DONT GET EATHER!
Get THE THING!!!
AwEsOmE Game!:)

ScorpionX
09-07-2002, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by DOOM
DONT GET EATHER!
Get THE THING!!!
AwEsOmE Game!:)

I will get The Thing next, but I want the controls the same as Halo. If the game is like the movie, it should be fun.

kevgt2000
09-07-2002, 10:20 AM
quote from ign.com review
n the end, I wanted more from Turok. There were lots of little things I liked, but they never lasted or weren't used enough. And there's just too much that annoys me (some of those textures are terrible upclose and then at other times look great, for example). This is a definite rental, but probably not the best choice to buy sight unseen

Closing on our thoughts here, we think Turok can best be summed up a slightly above average first-person shooter that is home to a number of flaws. Hardcore Turok fans will no doubt find the experience nostalgic and enjoyable, but for many, Evolution will feel ho-hum and even tedious at points. We think that if Acclaim Austin had several more months to polish out the gameplay, it could have definitely been a must-play and even worthy purchase. However, as the final version released to the market stands, it just isn't cutting-edge or polished enough to be considered as such. That isn't to say that Evolution is a bad experience, though. It has its fill of thrilling moments and monster boss battles, but in the scope of things, that will not be enough to appease more demanding gamers.

Afro Aura
09-09-2002, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by KraftSLU

I'll raise a glass to that :) If you want to kill vampires, pick up buffy. I had a lot more fun with that game
agreed
I bought Turok and Buffy a couple days ago and Turoks not in my flat anymore it's found it's place in the used section in my import shop, I haven't played Blade 2 but with the reviews that are going around I'd say get Buffy for some serious vampire killing

Spaztic
09-09-2002, 09:41 AM
Dudes! I got buffy for my girl......I didn't think I would like it! I honestly think this is one of the coolest games I have ever played. It is really put together well and the graphics, sounds, and lighting are very well done. The fighting system is awsome where you learn more moves as your progress, the humor is kinda cheezy but the type you would expect if you watched the show! Overall this game gets a 9.5/10 The only thing I don't care for is the repetive things buffy says, but no big deal! This game everyone must atleast rent! It is freaking awsome!

I played turok as well and I think it sucked! I didn't care for the sub-par graphics, and the overall "portness" this game possesed. On another note the sound I thought was great. I am am going to wait to for a quality fps to come out! I don't know the killing dinosaurs setup really didn't appeal to me, I like killing people better! I will wait for unreal, or counter strike!'

I am going to check out the thing very shortly.....as well as sega gt!

El Pollo Loco
09-11-2002, 01:04 PM
I just got Turok, and although i really want to like it... it's the button config that is driving me mad... maybe i just need some time to get used to it.

DZNUTZ
09-11-2002, 01:20 PM
i can't belive u guys bought buffy!
i guess to each his/her own...but what the hell are ya'll thinking....do u guys actually watch that preteen show?

YEA I'M talking to U KB...lol.

anyways..i'm still undecided on on turok my self..as well as the thing.

Highlite23
09-11-2002, 01:49 PM
I got to agree, I'm liking Buffy alot more than BladeII. Actually B2 already departed the collection for The Thing, i'm still unsure of that one at the moment.

DZ, i don't watch the show, but the game is tons O fun;)

Besides, any time i see the girl who plays Willow in Buffy all i hear in my head is.................

".........and this one time in band camp"
:D :D :D :D

Punkbob
09-11-2002, 03:52 PM
I have Buffy and Blade 2. I like both games but I'd have to say that Buffy is the better of the two. One thing that sucks about Blade 2 is that you don't get to use your sword whenever you want to. BUT...There's a code to fix that. I was playing it yesterday with infinite health, all weapons, infinite ammo, rage always (lets you always have sword, more speed, and more strength). It was awesome. Just like the movie, I was a vampire killing machine.

xboxtito
09-11-2002, 04:22 PM
turok