PDA

View Full Version : The halo 2 trailer wasn't that great!

xaust
09-05-2002, 12:04 PM
It was ok, but It was nothing to really get excited about... The graphics are good, but trailer in general wasn't that appealing.

Chr0nik
09-05-2002, 12:10 PM
I would have to agree with you on this one, it would have been nice to see what the convenant look like in this one, we should have caught a glimpse of them. It was an OK trailor, but not what it was hyped up to be.

EHWfedPres
09-05-2002, 12:14 PM
yeah, no gameplay clips = dumb

Nato King
09-05-2002, 12:14 PM
I feel it could of been a little bit better that what it was. Chronik is right it would have been nice to see what the convenant look like in this one. If anybody has not seen it yet you have not missed anything.:)

Slacker
09-05-2002, 12:18 PM
it's a teaser not a trailer , I predict next spring a Real Trailer will be ought ,

Frorrari
09-05-2002, 12:44 PM
It was as I expected. I just love it.. I've seen it 20 times or something, watching for new details. But I understand you were a bit dissapointed if you were expecting in-game footage...but I wasen't, so I'm very pleased!

CadGeek
09-05-2002, 12:47 PM
I loved it. You can see the potential and that's all I was expecting.

Xtopia
09-05-2002, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Slacker
it's a teaser not a trailer , I predict next spring a Real Trailer will be ought ,

Exactly. First they just want to get you hyped up with a cool teaser. Like they just released. Hopefully in the next few clips they will continue to develop the plot, the enviorment, and the foes.

VAN
09-05-2002, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Chronik
it would have been nice to see what the convenant look like in this one,

Load up Halo 1 and you'll have the answer. The Master Chief has not changed in appearance, so why would you assume the Covenet have?

Chr0nik
09-05-2002, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by VAN-XBA

Load up Halo 1 and you'll have the answer. The Master Chief has not changed in appearance, so why would you assume the Covenet have?

Actually from looking at the concept art and screens from the Halo 2 website they seemed to have either added new covenant or modified the look of them.

Guibs
09-05-2002, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Chronik

Actually from looking at the concept art and screens from the Halo 2 website they seemed to have either added new covenant or modified the look of them.

which halo 2 website ?

DeathKnightMaF
09-05-2002, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
yeah, no gameplay clips = dumb
You're expecting too much too early.

EHWfedPres
09-05-2002, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by DeathKnightMaF

You're expecting too much too early.

Just like how some people are overreacting saying its the greatest game ever when they havent seen the game yet...:rolleyes:

XBOX Dude
09-05-2002, 03:15 PM
i thought i was perfect for what it was intended for to dangle the possibilites of what this game is gonna be it leaves you wondering and that's exactly what they wanted

Toonz
09-05-2002, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres

Just like how some people are overreacting saying its the greatest game ever when they havent seen the game yet...:rolleyes:

I hear that

Ronald_mcd
09-05-2002, 04:54 PM
When i was watching it it was like "lagging" up. it wasn't running very smooth

lotec16
09-05-2002, 07:52 PM
i thought it was awsome, i read all about it being a teaser, ya i will agree, and the stuff about there being no covenant, but hell those covenant ships were awsome, the game is going to have some of the best graphics out there, all they have to do is make the game as good or better(i hope better) and it will sell a million just as good as the first one, probly faster sicne everyone loves halo:cool:

SpartanSniper
09-05-2002, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by VAN-XBA

What do you mean that Master Chief hasn't changed in appearance?

Halo 2's MC even has new Mark 6 MJOLNIR armor so I'm kinda confused about what you're talking about. The amount of detail in Halo 2's trailer is awesome. So, what exactly do you mean?

J/W

Koopa
09-05-2002, 10:47 PM
quit whining, girlies...this game is more than a year away, you're lucky you even got a teaser trailer (and an IN-GAME ENGINE trailer, nonetheless)

the only question i have is.....wouldn't master chief either
a)be incenerated by the covenant ship's shields
or
b)slide off the shields and get sucked into earth's gravity

i guess that's an oopsie by bungie:D

plpkb
09-05-2002, 10:53 PM
Koopa All he had to do was modify his shield to match the harmonics of theirs and boom he pops right in. Its in every ep of star trek.

Xmun
09-05-2002, 11:20 PM
I can't remember, did the Truth and Reconciliation have any sort of sheilding in the original Halo?

The ships in the teaser are the same designs.

dave_m123
09-06-2002, 04:57 AM
Maybe the ships dont even have shields? No reason to assume they do just becuase their infantry do.

beserker
09-06-2002, 05:07 AM
I the FoR all ships have shields. It's dumb to have advanced tech like micro shields on troops and not have them on ships,where less advanced (read big onces) could be fitted.

Anyway in the FoR he had to wait for the turret to fire so they would drop the shields at that location.
The shield reflect and have no friction so MC would 'fall off'.
I don't know seems like a slip up on bungies part.

dave_m123
09-06-2002, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by beserker
I the FoR all ships have shields. It's dumb to have advanced tech like micro shields on troops and not have them on ships,where less advanced (read big onces) could be fitted.

Anyway in the FoR he had to wait for the turret to fire so they would drop the shields at that location.
The shield reflect and have no friction so MC would 'fall off'.
I don't know seems like a slip up on bungies part.

Ah i havent read the book you see so dident know that :).

There is probably a reason why the shields arent activated.

haggis
09-06-2002, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by Ronald_mcd
When i was watching it it was like "lagging" up. it wasn't running very smooth

I had the same problem, try one of the mirrors using the quicktime player it was much smoother. In fact not only was the Windows media Player choppy but it even skipped some of the parts of the trailer. I tried streaming it, downloading and still very choppy on the Windows media Player.

tomacco
09-06-2002, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by Xtopia

Exactly. First they just want to get you hyped up with a cool teaser. Like they just released. Hopefully in the next few clips they will continue to develop the plot, the enviorment, and the foes.

I personally hate teaser's they get your hopes up then you end up forgetting about it till the trailers start comming out. Anyone seen the Terminator teaser???

beserker
09-06-2002, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by dave_m123

The only reason I can think of is the orbital bombing run,I may need alot of power.

Xbox Owner
09-06-2002, 11:18 AM
If you think about it, but sending that trailor out, they're making mroe hype..

SpartanSniper
09-07-2002, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by dave_m123

According to the book, the shields are deactivated for a split second while firing the plasma.

That's probably what happened.

It could be that the ship was shot by a MAC cannon that permanently disabled the shields for that particular ship or that it was charging up to "glass" the planet and it needed all the energy it could get.

ecco
09-07-2002, 10:38 AM
Wow, if that teaser wasn't awesome to you.. Blah, there's always a pack of retards lurking around somewhere. Try to appreciate how awesome the graphics are. It was like watching Shrek. There was no clipping when he picked up that gun, the effort put into everything is simply amazing.

~ Chris

XBOX Dude
09-08-2002, 11:30 AM
about how the chief got on the ship my guess is the covenant ship had just jumped out of hyper space because that's when the covenant ships are at there weakest because the have to consume a massive amount of power to get really accurate jumps out of hyperspace. from the book of course:p

SpartanSniper
09-08-2002, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by XBOX Dude
about how the chief got on the ship my guess is the covenant ship had just jumped out of hyper space because that's when the covenant ships are at there weakest because the have to consume a massive amount of power to get really accurate jumps out of hyperspace. from the book of course:p

Good idea....Very good idea in fact. But I'd think the ship would have been there long enough to gain power to it's shields or at least to the weapon systems. But none-the-less, you could be right and you made a good point.

Goku_69
09-08-2002, 01:48 PM
I think Halo 2 is going to be the bomb. i liked the trailer i didn't think they would give to much away the first time.12 :D