PDA

View Full Version : NHL 2K3 Screens and it's online playable

melon
09-05-2002, 01:18 PM
There is 5 new screens here:

NHL 2K3 screens (http://www.xboxexclusive.com/cgi-bin/ai/ai.cgi?/screens/NHL_2K3)

Chr0nik
09-05-2002, 01:24 PM
I have been a loyal fan of EA's NHL series since the getgo (Sega Genesis) but the past two years really disappointed me, especially last years version. I think I am going to pass on this years EA hockey title and I will wait for Sega's NHL2K3. I was much impressed with 2K2 for Dreamcast.

melon
09-05-2002, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Chronik
I have been a loyal fan of EA's NHL series since the getgo (Sega Genesis) but the past two years really disappointed me, especially last years version. I think I am going to pass on this years EA hockey title and I will wait for Sega's NHL2K3. I was much impressed with 2K2 for Dreamcast.

Hey, EA's NHL is the only EA Sports game that i ever liked. but i might also pass on NHL 2003 in favor of NHL 2K3..

DZNUTZ
09-05-2002, 01:49 PM
myself as well.
last years nhl 02 by ea was easily one of my most played titles last year (same w/madden)...but due to EA's uneconomical decision to not make the 03 sports series online compatable with xbox..i already bout nfl2k3 (and am quite pleased), and will be buying nhl2k3 in opt of EA's titles.

Guibs
09-05-2002, 02:19 PM
I have playing EA's hockey franchise since Nhlpa 93 on Snes. I do enjoy the series, despite some little problem, although the introduction of sliders in 2000 really helped to suit the game toward a more simulation feeling (athough again, it's not perfect). I have Nhl 2003 demo on my computer and they did really some improvement that bothered me before. The puck and player skating physic was compeltly remade and feel more appropriate. Also the too many shots problem of pass iteration has been solve. In the demo, in a complete game, probably 7 ot 10 minutes période, I get about 16 shots on goals which is nice. Now you can play 20 minutes périodes and get a reasonnable number of shots on goal. They also revemped the goalies AI and added many new save animation which make them a lot more believable.

I never played any of Sega's nhl series. From the screenshots I saw and the new one mention in this post, the graphics are lacking compared to EA, at least in the character's size and player representation. Although, it does have online and since I never played them, I can't comment on the gameplay. I sure will be renting this one and see if I like it.