PDA

View Full Version : is master chief a human, cyborg, android, or robot?

xega
09-05-2002, 01:53 PM
is master chief a human, cyborg, android, or robot?

chili325
09-05-2002, 01:57 PM
human and his name is actually jon. Go read The Fall Of reach book its pretty good and u will understand the game alot better.

P-Rock
09-05-2002, 01:57 PM
I'd say a highly built cyborg to outlast life in the future.

I'd still refer to him as a "Master Chief" though, even though his name is Bob Johnson III. :rolleyes:

sleepyfloyd64
09-05-2002, 02:00 PM
Human... Genetically enhanced (I think) with strength augmented by his suit/uniform.

SlightlySycho
09-05-2002, 02:09 PM
I would use the term Technologically Advanced Human. I usually tend to define cyborgs as being biologically dependent on their implants (if they were to be removed, the Cyborg would die). And since he is a living, biological being, that rules out Androids and Robots.

Guibs
09-05-2002, 02:13 PM
According to "the Fall of Reach" book, I'd say he (who's designation is John 117) is a biologically advance or augmented human in an Exo suit.

They (the were more like him) were choosen as child and enrolled in a special military forces. Those chosen already have already extraordinary skills, but as the training went, they received biological augmentation and some implants, thus increasing their skills and effectivenes. When I say implant, it's like a small chip in the eye, no complete arms or Robotic Legs here.

If it wasn't enough, those exo suit not only provide them with armor, but it also boost their strenght, speed and refexes (which were already boosted by biological implants). Only them can wear and use effectively those suit. Normal humains had problems controlling to very sensative suit and many people broke their arms imply while trying to move it within the suit.

Anyway, I hope you get the picture. I really recommand that you read the book "Fall of Reach" It really explain a lot and you do get a better idea of what is happening in Halo and you grow a lot more attach to the characters in the game.