PDA

View Full Version : Why aren't reviews like this deleted??

darianX
09-05-2002, 02:08 PM
Some user reviews should be removed due to absolute lack of intelligence. Perfect example: Dead to Rights review, top one by bad_seed. (http://www.xboxaddict.com/products/product.php?Product_ID=205). This chucklehead reviews a can of peaches instead of the game "because it's so bad". Come on......I don't care how bad a game is, if you can't articulate on the subject please don't bother to review. I've seen plenty of non-thinking reviews like:

Gameplay - it sucks.......................................................................................

Graphics: they blow...................................................., etc etc.

Why bother littering up the space and killing review scores because of a few mindless idiots? Anyone else with me here?

Highlite23
09-05-2002, 02:41 PM
darianX, i couldn't agree more. What really stinks is that i know some gamers ONLY look at that top 75 list without reading ALL of the reviews to get a better idea of the game. Let alone a review after a few hours of play is kinda pointless.

I still feel you should play the game for yourself before deciding, but this information does influence some decissions.

XBOX Dude
09-05-2002, 03:19 PM
well when you live in the land of the free you got to take the norms with the retards the guy reviewing would be the later

XslayerX
09-05-2002, 03:22 PM
I just looked for the guy under the members, and he just joined today. So he hsant posted anything in the forums. But if he does :mad:

VAN
09-05-2002, 03:26 PM
Reviews like this typically dont last long. We remove them as we happen upon them. We have some plans for the future whivch will make this a problem of the past. :)

I'll delete that review asap.

Alien
09-05-2002, 03:30 PM
General / Summary: Someone compared this to Max Payne then was scolded by many others who said they were nothing alike. I agree. Max Payne was great. Dead To Rights was...returned the very next morning after I bought it. Dead On Arrival is a better name for this poor excuse for a game. In fact, this game is so horrible that instead of wasting my time reviewing it I'm going to review the can of peaches sitting on my counter. Trust me, it's more entertaining and certainly more innovative.

Gameplay: Well, when the peaches are taken out of the can I will be able to play a nice game of Kick The Can with my neighbor's kids. That was *the* game to play when I was a youngin'. With the peaches in, I can hurl the can at people below me (I live on the third floor) for a good amount of entertainment...until the cops come. Given that this a high crime area they'll probably have other things to attend to. Throw in running up the stairs, breaking down the door and you have a good two hours of solid entertainment before the feds pick you up. Nice.

Visual: It's Del Monte, so what do you expect? There's a pretty picture of a bowl of peaches, which I'm sure are nicer and larger than what I'll get when I pop this baby open. I do have to say the ribbed look of the can is getting old. That's been around for what, thirty, forty, fifty years? You'd think that after all this time people would demand more from a can. still, that's one pretty label. And I really appreciate the nutritional information. I've been trying to lose some weight and knowing how many calories I'm going to down comes in handy.

Sound: Here's where I'm in a bind. If I shake the can (getting some sound out of it) I stand a chance of ruining the peaches. But if I don't, then I won't be getting the most out of my can. But can I honestly give a fair review without doing this? I think not. Let's see...oh yeah. There's some squishing going on here...Nothing too loud, very soft. I could imagine this being soothing after a while. If I were to throw in a mod chip I bet I would get the occasional clink along with the nice "squish squish." Still, because I had to modify the can I'm giving it a 2.5. Next time Del Monte should mix it up a bit and leaves the pit in there. That'll liven up the sound and raise the sound score!

Suggestions to Developer: Tried and true works the best, they say. Still, the industry is in need of a boost and a new texture for the can is just what Del Monte needs to get the ball rolling. Try smoothing it out. Oh, and if you add a few options for sound that would be great. All in all, a nice can. Keep up the good work

I actually find this very ammusing, funny. If it didn't hurt the over all score of the game, it would be a review to keep up there. Great.
At least it proves at least some people have a sense of humor at times...

XslayerX
09-05-2002, 03:32 PM
It wasnt even funny at all. Its a 40 year old man trying to be funny. He said when he was young, and he said he could lose some weight, and his grammer is to good for a teenager. Well, its not to good but most people I know arnt gonna review that good for a little review. So all in all, this guy is a 40 year old man who stalks his neighbors kids as he said he plays with his neighbors kids, and is also fat. oh well, people these days.

Alien
09-05-2002, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by XslayerX
It wasnt even funny at all. Its a 40 year old man trying to be funny. He said when he was young, and he said he could lose some weight, and his grammer is to good for a teenager. Well, its not to good but most people I know arnt gonna review that good for a little review. So all in all, this guy is a 40 year old man who stalks his neighbors kids as he said he plays with his neighbors kids, and is also fat. oh well, people these days. Not to offend you or anything, but you're grammar isn't perfect either...nobody's is. And erm...

Maybe you should eat some canned peaches to calm down. ;)

XslayerX
09-05-2002, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Alien
Not to offend you or anything, but you're grammar isn't perfect either...nobody's is. And erm...

Maybe you should eat some canned peaches to calm down. ;)

Hey dumbass, I said I dont try to use the best grammer I can. Its the ****ing forum, who gives a **** if I dont use proper grammer on a bored. I just make sure I dont make any typos. God dude, your ****ing dumb.

hook-worm J
09-05-2002, 04:10 PM

Hey dumbass, I said I dont try to use the best grammer I can. Its the ****ing forum, who gives a **** if I dont use proper grammer on a bored. I just make sure I dont make any typos. God dude, your ****ing dumb.

geeze, calm down little man.... You have some serious issues if you blow up over someone saying your grammar isn't perfect.

XslayerX
09-05-2002, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by hook-worm J

geeze, calm down little man.... You have some serious issues if you blow up over someone saying your grammar isn't perfect.

haha funny. I could care less what people think of me, especially people like you guys over the inernet. I did that cause he didnt read what I said and made a dumbass post. All I know is that I could care less what you guys say, as long as I got my real friends and girls and a life, you can say all you want over text words. So say I got a problem, cause I dont. If you wanan think that, go ahead. Im out cause im either gonna go chill with my girl. haha peace

Alien
09-05-2002, 07:07 PM

Hey dumbass, I said I dont try to use the best grammer I can. Its the ****ing forum, who gives a **** if I dont use proper grammer on a bored. I just make sure I dont make any typos. God dude, your ****ing dumb. Hey dumbass, I said to eat some canned peaches!!!!!!!

:)

BullitNC
09-05-2002, 07:29 PM
Wow, all this hatred over a game that sucks eggs. I too would rather have a can of peaches...and I don't even eat peaches, especially out of cans. I don't waste $50 on games like DTR either. I'm so thankful for my local Blockbuster. They save me $45 quite often.

SkoalMint
09-06-2002, 07:50 AM
Well, it probably wasn't the right place to post that review, but you have to admit, it was pretty funny. Plus, he put more time into reviewing a can of peaches than some of the other people have put into reviewing games.