PDA

View Full Version : Any word on how PS2's online is going?

viperII
09-05-2002, 04:05 PM
Don't take this the wrong way, I love my XBOX. I just want to know what XBOX is going to crush when it goes LIVE?

bwn82k
09-05-2002, 04:08 PM
My friend has PS2 and he got SOCOM and apparently it only allows broadband connection. As for the rest using dialup on PS2....laggy probably. I'll never know for sure, you won't see me on it. I'll be too busy with XBL.

Mercury
09-05-2002, 05:45 PM
Well, the PS2 and their online is doing very well. I was in Radio Shack just yesterday and their Broadbank adapter is selling like hotcakes. They sold 3 within the 5 minutes that I was there!

I'm afraid that no matter what MS does, no matter how much better they are at things than Sony, xbox will not beat the PS2 out. It's really a shame.

GeNeRaL AcE
09-05-2002, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Mercury
Well, the PS2 and their online is doing very well. I was in Radio Shack just yesterday and their Broadbank adapter is selling like hotcakes. They sold 3 within the 5 minutes that I was there!

I'm afraid that no matter what MS does, no matter how much better they are at things than Sony, xbox will not beat the PS2 out. It's really a shame.
It may be selling but no one can connect. Anyone using AOL good luck!

xboxmaster2002
09-05-2002, 06:14 PM
the only reason there selling good is because theres a limited supply and once there gone it will take 2+ weeks to get more in socom sucks online you get kicked off all the time and its laggy there is no way sony will do good online if there games are like this and half the games you have to pay a fee thats a bunch of BS thats why MS will kill sony online and as far as offline goes give MS a year and sony wont even have a slim chance.

GeNeRaL AcE
09-05-2002, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by xboxmaster2002
the only reason there selling good is because theres a limited supply and once there gone it will take 2+ weeks to get more in socom sucks online you get kicked off all the time and its laggy there is no way sony will do good online if there games are like this and half the games you have to pay a fee thats a bunch of BS thats why MS will kill sony online and as far as offline goes give MS a year and sony wont even have a slim chance.
I love that girl on your sig :eek:

The Hitman
09-05-2002, 07:35 PM
I heard some games lag worse than others. Madden is one I've heard lags pretty bad. Also, there's been some problems with broadband working with the PS2 adapter from what I've heard.

BullitNC
09-05-2002, 09:10 PM
Everybody I've talked to who has the adaptor for PS2, or who has played on one says it sucks. I just can't see any success to this system. BB users and dialup users can't play each other. Dialup users suffer lag that basically ruins any game. BB users can't get it to work properly....and most every game will have a subscription based service that will cost you at least $5 a month to play their game online. How is this expected to survive? Truth of the matter is, MS already has more players on LIVE succesfully playing that Sony does. Sure I'm biased, but I'm not stupid!

X-Killer
09-05-2002, 09:19 PM
Sony's online plan was never good

Evil_Dr_Beefy
09-05-2002, 10:00 PM
I think that sony is testing the online waters so to speak....and taking notes of the upcoming Xbox live.....So when the playstation 3 comes out..it should be smooth sailing:cool:

maxpower
09-05-2002, 10:23 PM
are people so disillusioned that they can't see all sony did was basically copy Sega's online plan. Except for a couple of differences. They seem to be supporting BB more and unlike Sega, Sony does not seem to be willing to pony up the servers. Which is why Timesplitters 2 will not be online....although it was so hyped because of all consoles, PS2 was going to have the only online version.:D :D

Patman130
09-06-2002, 12:39 AM
SOCOM Navy Seals is really a very good game and runs well while playing online assuming that you can log on their server and not get booted off. However the Madden 2003 Demo completely blows when playing online, especially when playing against someone with dial-up.