PDA

View Full Version : The Thing owners please read

Woocifer
09-05-2002, 10:46 PM
I've been playing my The Thing game and it seems that it is very ticky. It seems that the xbox isnt handling the graphics all that well. Now I know it can handle better graphics at higher speeds...but it just seems to be ticking every 2 seconds.

Has anyone else noticed this?? Let me know because if it runs smooth and flawless on your machines then I'm going to return my copy for another.

Thanks

redrum237
09-06-2002, 02:57 AM
Mine seams to be running fine, no ticking.

Woocifer
09-06-2002, 09:48 AM
Hmmm thats disturbing...I really want this game to not be kinda ticky because its REALLY interesting me, I played for a few hours last night.... but the ticks in the movement are bothering me...what it looks like really is that the graphics card can't handle whats goin on on screen...weird.

I'll go check it out at the store. Thanks Redrum.... stupid sig... ;)

studepaber
09-06-2002, 10:16 AM
Are you talking about ticky during the cutscenes or during actual gameplay??? I noticed this during the cutscenes but not so much during gameplay, maybe it'll clear up later in the game???

Woocifer
09-06-2002, 05:36 PM
It was more noticeable during the cinematics because you really aren't controlling it...but it doesnt run at a very high frame rate and becomes ticky in certain areas and especially outside in the first level when you run around the large hole outside...

I took it back and got a new version...same thing. It must be that the developers did what they wanted to do and didn't push it a little further to at least stay at 30 fps and be smooth.

When I play the game for an extended period of time, my eyes become very sore because the movement of the camera is very jerky along with the every 3 second tick type deal....

Even when the guys first talk to you in the beginning their mouths tick and the audio still goes. And when the game loads the little cell thing at the bottom is ticky AS HELL and actually pauses on ASS...and then spells out the assimilation word. Thats the tick I find through out the game...its just annoying is all.

Might be the reason I take this game back, which makes me upset because I like it!!!...

hook-worm J
09-06-2002, 07:51 PM
did you get the new copy from the same store? maybe they had a bad shipment? its possible.

redrum237
09-07-2002, 02:21 PM
Ah, now that i've played the game a little more, I do see what you are talking about, so yes the game is ticky, but its not that bad. It took me a while for me to notice it.

AmpedRider
09-08-2002, 09:22 AM
i dont care i just bought the game and I love it. Im into the outpost B or whatever and i just saved that guy by the block of ice where the thing came out of from the movie