PDA

View Full Version : Twilight Zone

X-Ray
09-05-2002, 11:47 PM
So my Balmora silt strider guy falls of the back end of the stairs. I get tired of running around or hopping over, so I decide to use a command humanoid scroll (Scroll of Supreme Domination) to put the derelict back where he belongs. I do so and everythings fine until he disappears! Only problem is I didn't notice his disappearance for several days and I refused to load an old save file.

So I have a case of the disspearing NPC. About two weeks after the dissapearence, I decided to jog to Ghostgate from Balmora. Right in front of a Daedric ruin, who do I find but my silt strider man. When I walked up to him I heard the familiar "why walk when you can ride?"

I'm now in the process of moving him back to Balmora, this time, saving after each command scroll expires. Anything weird like this happen to you and is there anything I can do to prevent NPC's from dissapearing/warping?

Xtopia
09-05-2002, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by X-Ray
So my Balmora silt strider guy falls of the back end of the stairs. I get tired of running around or hopping over, so I decide to use a command humanoid scroll (Scroll of Supreme Domination) to put the derelict back where he belongs. I do so and everythings fine until he disappears! Only problem is I didn't notice his disappearance for several days and I refused to load an old save file.

So I have a case of the disspearing NPC. About two weeks after the dissapearence, I decided to jog to Ghostgate from Balmora. Right in front of a Daedric ruin, who do I find but my silt strider man. When I walked up to him I heard the familiar "why walk when you can ride?"

I'm now in the process of moving him back to Balmora, this time, saving after each command scroll expires. Anything weird like this happen to you and is there anything I can do to prevent NPC's from dissapearing/warping? \

My boater outside Vivec dissapeared. Which is strange becuase, I too, used domination to move him. But I have also moved other NPC's w/ domination, and none, except him have dissapeared.
Maybe I'll find my boater someday.

Whoopage
09-06-2002, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Xtopia
\

My boater outside Vivec dissapeared. Which is strange becuase, I too, used domination to move him. But I have also moved other NPC's w/ domination, and none, except him have dissapeared.
Maybe I'll find my boater someday.

blake...i bet your boater warped out into the middle of the ocean, and then he drowned.....that would suck!!! lol

and brandon.....thats some crazy stuff.....glad you found him though....lol

:)

Xtopia
09-07-2002, 08:20 PM
Wow! I just found my lost boater right in the same spot that you described, Xray! Weird, that must be a like a respawn point for lost NPC's. LoL.

monkeyman
09-07-2002, 10:36 PM
one time i jumped and i never landed because i fell through the world and it was all cool looking