PDA

View Full Version : Playstation 3 released early??? WIll microsoft counter?

Chaotic
09-06-2002, 06:26 AM
After watching the consumer news this morning they stated that the PS3 will be released early to give sony the edge on the gaming market, they aslo stated it will be 1000x more powerful then playstation 2, which most of us knew already.

Now do you guys think microsoft will counter sony's plans and release the Xbox 2 the same time as the PS3? I personally think if microsoft doesn't release the xbox 2 the same time as PS3 they will have problems selling the unit and will remain number 2 until they can be competative.

Lets here some feedback :eek:

Zion
09-06-2002, 07:00 AM
Well it will be at least 3-4 years until Sony can do anything, so yes...Xbox 2 should be ready by then.

SkoalMint
09-06-2002, 07:20 AM
Here is a link (http://europe.cnn.com/2002/BUSINESS/asia/09/05/japan.playstation3/index.html) to a story about this.

I also feel that MS will be ready. I'm pretty sure that they have learned their lesson in this round that they can't give the competition a one-year head start. However, unless a significant number of game developer's leave the PlayStation for the Xbox, I still don't think that MS will sell as many Xbox2's as Sony will sell PlayStation3's. I think it will take 2-3 more rounds of the battle before you see MS's console sales exceed Sony's.

Personally, I don't feel that Nintendo will be a player for much longer in the console market. Has anyone even heard anything from them about their next console???

Chaotic
09-06-2002, 07:30 AM
I agree nintendo isn't going to be much of a player unless they come up with something that's earth shattering but that's like trying to find a needle in a hay stack....LOL :p ;) :cool: :rolleyes:

KingAlias
09-06-2002, 07:31 AM
:eek: If they do I'm thru with gaming as a whole. I might just go to PC gaming. Sony doesn't care about consumers, they just want to make money. This isn't even fun for me anymore. All they do is push part X of a game to make money and then they release a new system that's supposed to be "inovative" and "revolutionary". This is all a load of ****, I swear, what is the point of gaming anymore if we're basically buying systems every 3 years for games that were on the last generation just with a 4 at the end of it? Seriously, where has all the real inovation gone (personally I think it left when SEGA went to 3rd party). JSRF and Samba didn't do well.Gaming now sucks. I'm done after Xbox. :eek:

kofijamal
09-06-2002, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by KingAlias
:eek: If they do I'm thru with gaming as a whole. I might just go to PC gaming. Sony doesn't care about consumers, they just want to make money. This isn't even fun for me anymore. All they do is push part X of a game to make money and then they release a new system that's supposed to be "inovative" and "revolutionary". This is all a load of ****, I swear, what is the point of gaming anymore if we're basically buying systems every 3 years for games that were on the last generation just with a 4 at the end of it? Seriously, where has all the real inovation gone (personally I think it left when SEGA went to 3rd party). JSRF and Samba didn't do well.Gaming now sucks. I'm done after Xbox. :eek:

I feel you on that on. I owned my Super NES from launch date well after the PS1 came out. Now it seems like you are forced to keep up, rather than a sytem sticking around for a while. I think the Xbox has enough power to last quite a bit longer. But Sony's going to have to drop the PS3 very soon, at some the PS2 won't be able to compete with the Xbox. I still don't understand why anyone would buy a PS2 when it should be priced at $99. I'd get it then for the five-six games I want for it. But $199? Unreal. I just don't want to have to "upgrade" to Xbox2 sooner than I thought. But I'll be gaming until the reflexes aren't there anymore.

Mercury
09-06-2002, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by KingAlias

I totally agree with you. There is no more innovation in games now. They just keep trying to make the graphics look better and better but with the same gameplay we've play many times before. Every 3rd person adventure game now has that, 'been there, done that' feel. Nothing changes. And when they feel they need an edge with the graphics they move to another system. How boring!

Innovation in games is gone. And they try to cover that up with online play.

Toonz
09-06-2002, 10:55 AM
The problem is not with the companies, its with us the consumer. Of course Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo are in it for the money and not the consumer. Thats why its called a business. Its up to us the consumer to put a stop to it. Lets use Sony as the ex. here.

If Sony puts out PS3 and we all practice are rights as a consumer and NOT buy it and using those same rights continue to only buy PS2 games what will happen ? Sony's game division will have to rethink there strategy real quick to keep turning a profit.

Will this happen. ROFLMAO now way. Were human beings. We all want the newest, biggest, and best. We want to have more than our neighbor and we want to have it before our neighbor.

If PS3 launched 1 year from today and E.B. had it posted on there site I bet 100 people in the next hour alone would pre-oreder one. On launch day there would be people outside 3 hours before the stores opened to make sure they got one first.

Thats why Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo can do what they do and thats why they do it. Were all a bunch of cattle in the end haha myself included

Knight
09-06-2002, 11:18 AM
Let sony release it early I'm wait for XBox2!! We all know there will be no Gamecube2 in 2005 or 2006!! So it will be Microsoft vs. Sony And I'm sticking with Microsoft!!

hiter101
09-06-2002, 12:00 PM
WOW! this is really starting to **** me off i just got my xbox in july and they are already talkin about xbox 2 why would xbox realese it so early no one wants it now make a few good games for the xbox then we will see about xbox 2 DONT RUSH A SYSTEM TO ITS GRAVE ESPECIALLY IF YOU SPENT MORE THEN 3 BILLION DOLLARS ON IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

KviK
09-06-2002, 12:17 PM
You know what happens when you release early products ? PS1.5 ( ps2 ) and the STILL IN BETA online.

Knight
09-06-2002, 12:27 PM
Ps3 = Ps2.5!!

CrazyCougar
09-06-2002, 01:03 PM
Don't be surprised when Nintendo teams up with Microsoft to make games for the Xbox. Its not that far off in the future for us!!!

Knight
09-06-2002, 01:36 PM
True And maybe they will make it so the next Gameboy works with the XBox2 or XBox3!!

Chaotic
09-06-2002, 02:12 PM
That would be sweet to see nintendo and microsoft as one. I could see sony shaking in their little shoes right now :p

Snoopy7548
09-06-2002, 02:26 PM
ha, 1000 more powerful? id like to see that happen

pieceofmind83
09-06-2002, 02:35 PM
if anything it'll be released in japan first and 4 or 5 months (or more) it'll be here in the us.

bwn82k
09-06-2002, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by CrazyCougar
Don't be surprised when Nintendo teams up with Microsoft to make games for the Xbox. Its not that far off in the future for us!!!

I definitely see that happening in the near future. Microsoft's interest in Nintendo was already known when they offered Nintendo CEO $52 billion to acquire the company. They denied it, but Microsoft is still trying to go for it. Their interest in acquiring Rare (Which I understand owns a very large part of Nintendo's stock) further proves this theory.

xxxboxlive
09-06-2002, 03:16 PM
As far as innovation, I think nintendo rules, but in overall greatness Microsoft rocks. I too can really see M$ buying out nintendo. :cool: Off with Sony's head.

Evil_Dr_Beefy
09-06-2002, 04:10 PM
Coolness,.....i'm not loyal to game systems....only to games. Mmm...innovation is in the eye of the beholder.......i think it's going to be a battle of game companys. East and West for the hearts , minds and the all mighty gaming dollar.

Maxx-Attack
09-06-2002, 04:59 PM
I actually hope that Sony will always have a little lead on Xbox, this being, Microsoft will always push themselfs to be better then Sony resulting in better products for us, and none of that half ass job **** that Sony does with their consoles. Think about it, competition for the consumer is awesome, we keep getting better and better stuff. Thats why we will always need Sony and Microsoft in the game, so us as the consumers get inovative stuff.

xxxboxlive
09-06-2002, 05:04 PM
but if M$ become #1 then they will want to stay that way, and continue to make amazing games:cool:

Knight
09-06-2002, 06:21 PM
Remember Sony sayed the ps2 would have Toy Story Graphics!!

xboxmaster2002
09-06-2002, 08:24 PM
PS3 is going to end up just like DC released too early and under powered and maybe it will die like DC too... i wish DC was still around.

Shadow20002
09-06-2002, 08:43 PM
If Microsoft loose this time, i think it because it was their first time to do a console. The first console, they try to make deal with consumers and developer of games. Maybe the next console from Microsoft (Codename FREON), will beat PS3.

T-Byrd
09-06-2002, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by xboxmaster2002
PS3 is going to end up just like DC released too early and under powered and maybe it will die like DC too... i wish DC was still around.
The DC was one of the greatest innovative systems I think ever. It had superb graphics for its time..the greatest fighting game ever (soul calibur) the classic games like sonic and panzer dragoon and so many great games. Plus it was the first system to go online..it was so great..i miss it...but you can get it for free if you buy $50 worth of games/accessories at my eb.

xboxmaster2002
09-06-2002, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by T-Byrd

The DC was one of the greatest innovative systems I think ever. It had superb graphics for its time..the greatest fighting game ever (soul calibur) the classic games like sonic and panzer dragoon and so many great games. Plus it was the first system to go online..it was so great..i miss it...but you can get it for free if you buy $50 worth of games/accessories at my eb.

i never said it was bad but look what happened to it its dead it was a great system but PS2 was the "better system" not in my mind but most other peoples i still have my DC and play it every once and a while, hell DC had PSO my favorite game ever i cant wait for it on xbox

bwn82k
09-06-2002, 09:45 PM
I loved my Dreamcast. I just sold it actually cause I never use it anymore. I had over 200 'backup' games, 4 controllers, 2 VMU, and the broadband adapter (Which I never used unfortunately). I sold it all for $400.

Maxx-Attack
09-06-2002, 11:35 PM
Can you even imagine the kind of graphics we will have in just 5 years? 10 years? This is gonna be a good life :cool:. God knows I will die of a heart attack :confused:, but thats the price you have to pay to play... I guess :confused:

Knight
09-07-2002, 06:30 PM
---------------->

fanofslipknotib
09-07-2002, 06:50 PM
What's wrong with you guys? Sony isn't releasing PS3 early. You guys are forgetting that PS2 came out in 1999, and ifn PS3 comes out in 2005, thats 6 years in between. How is that "early"?

xxxboxlive
09-07-2002, 08:00 PM
they probably mean that xbox2 is gonna come out in 06 and ps3 in 05, but M$ will probably realse xbox2 the same time

melon
09-08-2002, 07:03 PM
Sony is really stupid, people are buying Xbox that used to love sony..like my friend, he just bought Xbox today! YEAH!

Chaotic
09-08-2002, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by fanofslipknotib
What's wrong with you guys? Sony isn't releasing PS3 early. You guys are forgetting that PS2 came out in 1999, and ifn PS3 comes out in 2005, thats 6 years in between. How is that "early"?

Early means before microsoft.

2005 for PS3, will microsoft release xbox 2 the same time.

That's the question.

robnyack
09-08-2002, 09:11 PM
If they do I'm thru with gaming as a whole. I might just go to PC gaming.

ha! you think it's bad trying to keep up in the game console world, try the world of pc gaming. It's even tougher.

face it, we all demand the latest and greatest as soon as possible. The corps are just trying to give us what we want.

By the way, I've always read that 2005 was the release date of the ps3, so I don't know how it's been "moved up".

By 2005, xbox2 will be sitting in a perfect position to take part in what will be the TRUE beginning of the game console wars. Because the ps2 came out a year earlier and because the xbox took the time to come out with a far superior system, by 2005, the ps2 will long be past it's prime and the xbox star will only have just begun to fade. That means the 2003-2004 years where the xbox is going to make up alot of ground and then come 2005 be sitting in perfect position for the REAL war.

Hey, it's tough and time consuming to take down a giant....even if the guy trying to take the giant down, is a giant himself. ;)

XslayerX
09-08-2002, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by robnyack

ha! you think it's bad trying to keep up in the game console world, try the world of pc gaming. It's even tougher.

face it, we all demand the latest and greatest as soon as possible. The corps are just trying to give us what we want.

By the way, I've always read that 2005 was the release date of the ps3, so I don't know how it's been "moved up".

By 2005, xbox2 will be sitting in a perfect position to take part in what will be the TRUE beginning of the game console wars. Because the ps2 came out a year earlier and because the xbox took the time to come out with a far superior system, by 2005, the ps2 will long be past it's prime and the xbox star will only have just begun to fade. That means the 2003-2004 years where the xbox is going to make up alot of ground and then come 2005 be sitting in perfect position for the REAL war.

Hey, it's tough and time consuming to take down a giant....even if the guy trying to take the giant down, is a giant himself. ;)

I agree. PC gaming is alot harder. I remmeber last fall, I had a 1.2 ghz 248 or somtin SD-RAM and a GF2, and that was a pretty damn good computer. Now, the games need like GF3 for MINIMUM with 2.0 ghz and 512 mb ram. And games are now like 2.0 gb big, damn, its hard, so I gave up and went to console gaming,