PDA

View Full Version : IGN Turok Review : Unlocked

Chr0nik
09-06-2002, 06:53 AM
IGN Turok Review (http://xbox.ign.com/articles/369/369950p1.html)

xboxrocks2003
09-06-2002, 10:19 AM
I told alot of people that the graphics didn't suck. See, they got an 8. I think a 9.5 would have been better

MaddenFanatic
09-06-2002, 01:30 PM
what is the multiplayer mode like on Turok

is it a split screen (Halo) or co-op (Hunter:The Reckoning)?

Slacker
09-06-2002, 02:02 PM
Evolution's engine is designed for running along the ground at slow speeds, not flying over them quickly, and it shows. The game frequently stops in the middle of your flying missions to save and load the next area. It's pretty disorienting, and, if you're not careful, you're likely to even lose your bearings enough to crash your bird.

This is exactly why I hate IGN reviews, this isn't a problem and if you crash because your screen stopped for 4 seconds then your an idiot,

I think alot of the reviewers for IGN all brought in by who they know, like a friend has a friend who needs a Job ,and I bet half of them don't play games when they start, for example I used to work as a IT Tech for a .com in SF , I was the 30th employee the 31st was a Jewish-Russian guy their first Jewish person, by the time I left the compnay had 1,000 employees and it was 60% jewish all brought in by friends of freinds , I worked for a Gas station when I was in my early twenties, we got a New district manager he was Philipino , by the time I left nearly all the employees of the 6 stores he ran were all philipino , it actually got so bad that corporate made a rule against it,

And I am sure if I had a Record store I would only hire Punk rockers and Metlers , my kind of people I know its wrong , I don't blame the others but I whish it didn't happen because bottom line it sucks and is wrong ,,

that my rant and it doesn't have much to do with turok

kevgt2000
09-07-2002, 10:23 AM
quote from ign.com review
n the end, I wanted more from Turok. There were lots of little things I liked, but they never lasted or weren't used enough. And there's just too much that annoys me (some of those textures are terrible upclose and then at other times look great, for example). This is a definite rental, but probably not the best choice to buy sight unseen

Closing on our thoughts here, we think Turok can best be summed up a slightly above average first-person shooter that is home to a number of flaws. Hardcore Turok fans will no doubt find the experience nostalgic and enjoyable, but for many, Evolution will feel ho-hum and even tedious at points. We think that if Acclaim Austin had several more months to polish out the gameplay, it could have definitely been a must-play and even worthy purchase. However, as the final version released to the market stands, it just isn't cutting-edge or polished enough to be considered as such. That isn't to say that Evolution is a bad experience, though. It has its fill of thrilling moments and monster boss battles, but in the scope of things, that will not be enough to appease more demanding gamers.

Mercury
09-07-2002, 01:03 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Evolution's engine is designed for running along the ground at slow speeds, not flying over them quickly, and it shows. The game frequently stops in the middle of your flying missions to save and load the next area. It's pretty disorienting, and, if you're not careful, you're likely to even lose your bearings enough to crash your bird.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is why I hate IGN. They have no idea what they are talking about. That statement makes no sense. I've been playing the game and there is no way you could get disoriented by the game stopping and starting during the mission. It's laughable to even think you could.

shorter93
09-07-2002, 02:46 PM
if they crashed their bird, it wasn't because of loading. it was because they suck at turok. period.

ibloshtup
09-07-2002, 03:09 PM
I used to swear by ign reviews about 4 years ago. but within the past year or so i realize that they are mostly trash. it always seems that one little bad point shoots a game off the deep end, even if its not noticeable but for maybe a second. they also put to much emphasis on programming and polish rather than fun factor. it would also be my guess that they are biased to certain developers. i mean if your in the gaming industry your gonna learn whos who personally while us consumers dont know what the developers even look like. i think the best way to get an opinion or review is by many many consumer reviews, consumers for the most part wont bs or fancy up an article. in reality the review that really counts is your own.

Snoopy7548
09-07-2002, 03:17 PM
does anyone have an insider account? i wanna see that head to head thing for turok. i bet that the xbox version won.:D

Mercury
09-07-2002, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by ibloshtup
I used to swear by ign reviews about 4 years ago. but within the past year or so i realize that they are mostly trash. it always seems that one little bad point shoots a game off the deep end, even if its not noticeable but for maybe a second. they also put to much emphasis on programming and polish rather than fun factor. it would also be my guess that they are biased to certain developers. i mean if your in the gaming industry your gonna learn whos who personally while us consumers dont know what the developers even look like. i think the best way to get an opinion or review is by many many consumer reviews, consumers for the most part wont bs or fancy up an article. in reality the review that really counts is your own.

Well said!!!

kevgt2000
09-07-2002, 09:29 PM
reviews from ign mean nothing. i guess i won't pick up any games ign reviews duh!

you people are a joke

when ign reviews a game and you agree they are the best, and when you don't agree they suck...

lol:eek:

please i don't wanna see your dum response either!!!