PDA

View Full Version : just got Sega GT

killerclint
09-06-2002, 12:39 PM
i really love this game,,what ever you do don't judge this game to quick when you get it cause the first car you get is going to suck,and the races will be slow,but i have 7 hours into this game and i love it,all the cars handle differrant,buying and selling cars is lots of fun,,i have a Z28 tuned up abit and it works great,i'am stuck trying to get my second licence witch is very hard!,,i choose this game over turok,and i think i made the right choice,,i'll be trading it for turok after i'am done.

nemesYs
09-06-2002, 01:15 PM
Yea I bought it yesterday as well and other than the average graphics it seems damn awesome.. I love the layout of the game..

Kortiz
09-06-2002, 05:26 PM
well i bought it yesterday too, i have about 10+ hours into the game. reminds me of Sega GT on DC, but the graphics are better..... dragging right now is my funest thing to do but it is dull because there is only one drag strip, there should be different lengths, also the amount of tracks that they have in this game sucks, i know they are gonna add an add-on CD for this game, or at least hopefully, but dang put more jebus. i like tweaking my car, but it seems that even Sega GT on DC had more you could do to fix it up.....either way im still happy.

also, when you are racing, do any of you that have Sega GT 2002 notice the blurryness? is that supposed to be blurred as in you like really windy aerodynamics sort of thing or is that just the frames per second screwing up? either way i regard it as if i am going light speed.

i wish they had a view where i could drive from inside the car. THEY NEED TO DO THIS FOR RACING GAMES! that would be sweet imho, htey did it for NFS3 Hot Pursuit and i still play that game.

graphics are good, wish they did more on the scenery like RSC was done. game play is fairly decent, sound isnt bad wish i could put my own tracks on though. this old sporty 80s nintendo music sucks

overall i give this a 4.2 or so out of 5

Woocifer
09-06-2002, 05:41 PM
Chickenshhhh you can put your own music tracks on it...go into the options and change the soundtrack.

And that blurriness? I have no idea what retard decided this was a cool idea but THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN!!! Someone has been watching too many movies...

I was thinking it was heat waves from the road, but even still heat waves dont happen that close or at that speed...

Anyway good game, just some odd stuff is all...

killerclint
09-06-2002, 07:01 PM
what cars are you guys using for racing?,,i'am using a tunned Z28 Camero,,,fastest i went was 150mph,,i need a better car but don't have the cash yet.i sold all my other cars to tune this one up.

Kortiz
09-06-2002, 07:34 PM
well you start out with 13grand, so i bought whatever cost 13 grand, some 206 car, dun remember the name i k now it is japanese though. anyway i got that up to 308HP and i got my class C drivers liscense, that bumped up profit max per race to 6000bucks, and if no damage 2000bucks extra....i started to drag and i won the dodge charger and that is my main car now i got more to do to it but i have gotten up to like 160mph i think...also got chevelle, havnt touched it and i got like 3 other PoS cars that are "not for sale" which sucks because i wont ever use them...anyway i like the charger right now, i need to get my class B liscense so i can race some faster cars, im whiping these cars asses with that 206 with an Automatic tranny!

anyway i like it for now, something new, and i do too wish they hadt eh build your own car as well....i got one but i only had enough money to semi soup it up......wish i kept it, hell i may get it again now, and start playing it on DC again......of course the controls were not as good as they are on Xbox though....bleh im rambling

Kortiz
09-06-2002, 07:36 PM
oh and i like how you have to change brakes/tires/engine/suspension about every what...10 or so races depending upon how bad you do as far as crashing is....was mad that i needed a new engine/suspension in my charger and that was 8800bucks, i was gonna get a new suspension too, ahh well!

Comic Book Guy
09-07-2002, 01:21 PM
The first thing I have to say is that Woocifer, that blurry thing doesn't happen on mine.

ChickenSHHHH- That was a Peugot 206, it's not Japanese but European, and the best car to start off with so good choice. Also, I don't think your selling your cars right. You have to go to the "put a car up for sale" icon in "my garage", and you can only have one car up for sale at a time. Go race and when you come back the car you are selling should be sold if you give a good price. The Charger is slow and worth a lot if you don't drive it, so don't drive it, sell it.

Kortiz
09-07-2002, 01:50 PM
i like the charger because it is a real muscle car, fully modded out and i like to do the drag strip with it, fastest i got was 9.975 on the strip i think....selling it? no i wont sell it. i am however selling all the rest of the cars i dont want, i found out i could sell them all last night, hehe thanks info either way.

and Peugeot 206, yes that is what i got, hehe figured it was a good choice because of the price, and it said it was popular in japan, so just figured it was a japanese make

nemesYs
09-07-2002, 02:25 PM
Am I the only person that likes the lil' Cosmo Sport?

egg
09-07-2002, 02:41 PM
There is no in-car view????

Kortiz
09-07-2002, 02:42 PM
i duno what make is the cosmo sport?

Kortiz
09-07-2002, 02:44 PM
*sigh* no incar view...just front and to back views

egg
09-07-2002, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by ChickenSHHHH
*sigh* no incar view...just front and to back views

WTF... I know what game Im not getting>>>> In car is the only way to race.....

nemesYs
09-07-2002, 05:14 PM
I got no clue what make the Cosmo Sport is.. I just got it after beating one of the first official races... I think i did it without damage but not sure...

nemesYs
09-07-2002, 05:16 PM
Ooooooo.... There we go.. I just found out... The Cosmo Sport is a Mazda...

This baby right here is my machine!! :cool:http://www.kyosho.com/diecast/kyov1201.jpg

The funny thing is... its the same colour as well.

Xracer
09-07-2002, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by egg

WTF... I know what game Im not getting>>>> In car is the only way to race.....

there's an in car view
and two from behind

Kortiz
09-07-2002, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by nemesYs
I got no clue what make the Cosmo Sport is.. I just got it after beating one of the first official races... I think i did it without damage but not sure...

oh, well then i probably have it too then. have you tested it out on the drag? and what license do you have?

dpw84
09-07-2002, 07:56 PM
I use the Lotus Espirte 2002 (156-7 mph), 1997 Supra (166-7 mph), and the both Ford GT's (170-172 i think)

Kortiz
09-08-2002, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Xracer

there's an in car view
and two from behind

that was a reply to a post i made about no incar view, you know, steering wheel, guages and such. Actual IN CAR view, not full screen in front of car view.......maybe he didnt understand what i posted *shrug* maybe he did, either way i was thinking of actually being inside the car.

egg
09-08-2002, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by ChickenSHHHH

that was a reply to a post i made about no incar view, you know, steering wheel, guages and such. Actual IN CAR view, not full screen in front of car view.......maybe he didnt understand what i posted *shrug* maybe he did, either way i was thinking of actually being inside the car.

I understand now.. there is a car view not a driver view... Got it...Car view is pretty cool... still would rather have driver view....

Thanks fellas! :)