PDA

View Full Version : Graphics On The Halo 2 Trailer

rio2012
09-06-2002, 03:15 PM
What did u think about the graphic on the Halo 2 trailer ?

JimmieDoogan
09-06-2002, 03:19 PM
Looked quite nice. It will only look better by the time it comes out right...

LynxFX
09-06-2002, 03:23 PM
I said good just because I don't think the video quality of WM9 was that great and it is kinda hard to tell. Sure you can see the differences between Halo and Halo 2 which are pretty different but it was laced with jaggies all around. Hard to tell if that was the game or the video file. Plus there was very little action going on to stress the xbox hardware.

So I have to vote like I would for the first skater in a competition. No matter how good you always want to leave the option that something could be better...even the next trailer. :D

Angell
09-06-2002, 05:03 PM
looked awsome

XBOX MSSC
09-06-2002, 05:28 PM
they kick ask!!!:D

Nato King
09-06-2002, 05:30 PM
I would have to say good becuase I know it will be better next time.:)

(¯`·._)
09-06-2002, 10:39 PM
This trailer looked excellent. You have to remember this is gameplay footage and not pre-rendered. That is why the Covenant ships did not look the best.

But you have to see the amount of detail they put into it. They show the sniper rifle, which has 2 japense symbols and says 9.5mmX40
What other system could do that! This is not a picture this is in the bloody game!

if you want to be impressed at what the xbox can do go to 2 player in halo, one person get a sniper and the other picks up various guns. Zoom in on the rifle, the number of rounds left changes! so does the marker. On any other system things like these would be a picture and pixelized. It takes so much to run because its a object, not just a map placed on a shape

I find it awesome that in levels i can go up to my troops and see how many shots they have left!

Anyways back to the trailer

Those jaggies were there because it is still a bit aliased. Take a look at any game and they will be there. You hardly notice them going at 60 frames a second.

The Lighting was very realistic and looks fantastic

Everything had great textures

Remember, they made this just as a teaser for all the fanatics out there and look at how good it is already!

I cant believe they built a brand new engine for the second game!

Anyways, no other system could handle this except for the xbox.

One last thing...I love you Microsoft

Maxx-Attack
09-06-2002, 11:32 PM
I thought the trailor looked excellent! The lighting on it is just amazing. hehe, I love Xbox.