PDA

View Full Version : Expansion Pack for Morrowind !!

Shadow20002
09-06-2002, 05:27 PM
The Expansion pack is call "The Tribunal" and will come out by this holiday. But sadly, this one will NOT :( come to the Xbox. Want some proof ? Go to this site www.gamespy.com, they have a interview with the creator of Morrowind.

*Maybe we could convince them to release this expansion for the Xbox. Anyone agree with me ? If yes, try to pass the word to anyone and to send a message to Bethesda Softworks.

Xtopia
09-06-2002, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Shadow20002
The Expansion pack is call "The Tribunal" and will come out by this holiday. But sadly, this one will NOT :( come to the Xbox. Want some proof ? Go to this site www.gamespy.com, they have a interview with the creator of Morrowind.

Man, that sucks! The expansion sounds really cool too.

EHWfedPres
09-07-2002, 11:14 AM
Yeah, everyone that plays the PC game cheats like hell...the last thing they need is a reward.

Big Ben
09-07-2002, 10:28 PM
Just because you don't have the ability to really cheat on the Xbox and some PC players (a fair amount, in fact) cheat, it doesn't mean they all cheat. In fact, there are many mods increasing difficulty and adding tougher and more challenging foes, including a few that make Dagoth Ur very hard. True, not everyone uses them, but they exist, and they're some of the most popular mods.

And it's not as if Xboxers (myself included) don't cheat at all when offered the opportunity to.

-Big Ben

GamemasterD
09-10-2002, 10:24 AM
It is a ton easier to cheat on the PC version, though.

SlightlySycho
09-10-2002, 11:32 AM
I'm sorry, but has Bethesda even looked at the XBox hardware specs? They say it's impossible to patch consoles yet the only console they made the game for has a hard drive which is largely intended for additional content! And now they're pulling this crap. It really leads one to conclude that they don't give a crap about their console customers. Does anybody know which version of the game sold better: the XBox version or the PC version?

Don't get me wrong. I still like Morrowind. It's an incredibly good game, and I'll probably buy the sequel sight unseen. But junk like this just leaves me frustruated, that's all.

EHWfedPres
09-10-2002, 01:28 PM
well its easy to cheat on the Xbox version as well...going into your menu at the magicka bar and hitting black white white black white and holding in the A button is quite simple, but I honestly dont cheat in Morrowind. If I need more magic, I use the free potions from the mages guild. There are many glitches in the game that can make it easier tho...

GamemasterD
09-10-2002, 01:46 PM
True...but PC MWers can essentially bring the dead back to life and stuff. Theoretically, they could kill Divaryth Fyr over and over for his armor (I cannot confirm if this is possibe, since I obviously don't own the PC version).

Big Ben
09-10-2002, 07:04 PM
It's not possible. Any character building or item related to the main quest will crash the game when edited or messed with in the editor. It's a continuity issue, as far as I know. Just like if you kill a key character before he or she is used in the mkain quest, there's a weird message that pops up. The only changes you can do to main characters is change their difficulty, and maybe give them some nicer items (or crappier, though you can rarely remove the standard items).

The editor allows you to create quests, make NPCs, create races and classes (easiest way to cheat), put items in in random places, build houses, villages, towns, cities, forests, islands, ... etc. Basically, the editor is meant for FGBG expansion packs.

On the PC version, I've added increased difficulty, 40 new quests, 2 new races, 2 new classes (neither of which are cheat enabled), lots of new NPCs, including a 2 merchants in Balmora who will buy anything between the two of them (the closest I come to cheating) and over 100 new pieces of weaponry and armor.

Basically, I made the game more challenging. There are still bugs, but on top of FBGB expansion packs, the editor can fix bugs. There are lots of bugs that can and have been fixed by add-ons.

If anything, the only reason I'd think the PC version was better than the Xbox version, it would be because of the ability to never end the game.

-Big Ben

GamemasterD
09-11-2002, 09:33 AM
That's sounds nice. Something to give a level 100 character a challenge.

I've seen the mod called "Castlevania" on TV...that thing looks fun as hell...d/l it if you can. It's essentially a gigantic castle (the size of several Vivec cantons) chock full of enemies.

I wasn't dissing the PC MWers earlier...I'd cheat too, if/when I get the PC version (mainly to get to a point similar to where I'm at on my Xbox).

Nato King
09-11-2002, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Xtopia

Man, that sucks! The expansion sounds really cool too.

I know what you mean Xtopia. I also would really like to see an expansion pak come to the xbox for Morrowind. I don't know why they leave the xbox out of all the good stuff.:)