PDA

View Full Version : Turok..not what I expected

T-Byrd
09-06-2002, 09:01 PM
ever since the first Turok..i have been a turok hater. I went to go pick up "The Thing" and was very excited. But when I played the demo at EB for about 20 min I was very very dissapointed with it. The graphics were not what I thought and the game just wasnt what I wanted. And I am a FPS fanatic so I played the demo of Turok. I was instantly hooked and decided this was it. So I picked it up, paid for it and went home eager to play. I popped the disc in and started to play. The cut scenes got a bit choppy but i let that one fly. But as I play this game more and more I notice, this is not the old Turok. It is much better, infact a great game it is. Why does no one like it. The weapons are soo cool too!

ScorpionX
09-06-2002, 09:31 PM
Actually I think people are really starting to realize this is a grat game. There were a buch of people saying "Turok will suck" but then they tried it and they changed their opinion. I am hooked on this game, it is probably one of my favorite games now. See, Acclaim can still make quality games. :D

bwn82k
09-06-2002, 10:53 PM
I got it and I was instantly hooked. I never really played the other Turok games on the other consoles, but I figure I might as well start here with my beloved Xbox. It's a great game.

Slacker
09-06-2002, 11:15 PM
Im o chapter five and having a great time , this game is awesome most people played the first level and based everthign on that, there missing so much ,

Maxx-Attack
09-06-2002, 11:26 PM
Wow, with all these great things being said about Turok, I just might have to pick it up over Sega GT 2002. I have plenty of racing games anyways...

GaMMa
09-06-2002, 11:43 PM
Yea people here who said it sucked apologized and said it owned and told everyone to get it. I'm getting Turok on Sept8th... my birthday, and I'm going to have some fun... mmm FPS and multiplayer... does this have coop?

ScorpionX
09-06-2002, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by GaMMa
Yea people here who said it sucked apologized and said it owned and told everyone to get it. I'm getting Turok on Sept8th... my birthday, and I'm going to have some fun... mmm FPS and multiplayer... does this have coop?

Nope, no COOP but it has a great multiplayer with tons of levels and games.

kevgt2000
09-07-2002, 10:21 AM
quote from ign.com review
n the end, I wanted more from Turok. There were lots of little things I liked, but they never lasted or weren't used enough. And there's just too much that annoys me (some of those textures are terrible upclose and then at other times look great, for example). This is a definite rental, but probably not the best choice to buy sight unseen

Closing on our thoughts here, we think Turok can best be summed up a slightly above average first-person shooter that is home to a number of flaws. Hardcore Turok fans will no doubt find the experience nostalgic and enjoyable, but for many, Evolution will feel ho-hum and even tedious at points. We think that if Acclaim Austin had several more months to polish out the gameplay, it could have definitely been a must-play and even worthy purchase. However, as the final version released to the market stands, it just isn't cutting-edge or polished enough to be considered as such. That isn't to say that Evolution is a bad experience, though. It has its fill of thrilling moments and monster boss battles, but in the scope of things, that will not be enough to appease more demanding gamers.

T-Byrd
09-07-2002, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by kevgt2000
quote from ign.com review
n the end, I wanted more from Turok. There were lots of little things I liked, but they never lasted or weren't used enough. And there's just too much that annoys me (some of those textures are terrible upclose and then at other times look great, for example). This is a definite rental, but probably not the best choice to buy sight unseen

Closing on our thoughts here, we think Turok can best be summed up a slightly above average first-person shooter that is home to a number of flaws. Hardcore Turok fans will no doubt find the experience nostalgic and enjoyable, but for many, Evolution will feel ho-hum and even tedious at points. We think that if Acclaim Austin had several more months to polish out the gameplay, it could have definitely been a must-play and even worthy purchase. However, as the final version released to the market stands, it just isn't cutting-edge or polished enough to be considered as such. That isn't to say that Evolution is a bad experience, though. It has its fill of thrilling moments and monster boss battles, but in the scope of things, that will not be enough to appease more demanding gamers.

Wlell I dont like IGN...
The game is awsome..my faviorte feature is that no gun has just one function..it has 2 and that is pretty damn cool

Mercury
09-07-2002, 12:59 PM
Turok is the best. I just finished chapter 5 and I'm having a great time.

IGN are really immature know nothings, just like that kevgt. Don't listen to either one of them.

Slacker
09-07-2002, 07:30 PM
HEHEHeh,, IGN reviews who takes those seriously, its like asking a retarded narcoleptic conjoined twin addicted to crack about quantum physics, your just gonna get a whole bunch of messy Diapers and spend all your time cleaning up drool,

kevgt2000
09-07-2002, 09:35 PM
I GUESS HALO AND HUNTER AND NFL2K3 PGR MAX PAYNE..
Reviews from ign mean nothing. i guess i won't pick up any games because of ign reviews duh!

you people are a joke !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

when ign reviews a game and you agree they are the best, and when you don't agree they suck...

lol

please i don't wanna see your dum response either!!!

hmm
i gotta grow i post 1 thing , that the game sucks and all of the baby's come out and bash me..

lol ign and gamespot suck, so i guess when they reviewed this they didn't know what they were talking about Kabuki Warriors!

Presentation
Well, it certainly sticks to the Kabuki theme pretty well. 7.0
Graphics
So, this is pushing the power of the Xbox? I think not. 3.0
Sound
I like butt rock... and I like traditional Japanese music... I don't like the combination of them together. 3.0
Gameplay
When games like Time Killers, Soul Fighter, and War Gods are more fun, you know you're in trouble. 2.0
Lasting Appeal
Well, you can go back and revisit the cities you didn't visit... but I have a good feeling most of you out there won't even bother. 2.0
OVERALL SCORE (not an average) 2.0
Click Here for Ratings Guide

GaMMa
09-08-2002, 02:17 AM
MM just picked it up this afternoon and I have to say it's GREAT! This game is wicked cool, the graphics are awsome even if you're an inch from these "2-D Plants". Gameplay is awsome, graphics are awsome and multiplayer is awsome! this game is a keeper. That IGN review really ****es me off, I haven't read it yet, but I saw the scores.. this game deserves higher.

Sakic19
09-09-2002, 12:32 AM
People who don't like this game, suck at the game.
Period.
Learn to shoot, love the twitching, and who cares if you die and have to restart at the beginning of the level.
Sour Grapes, this games sucks!! :( when in reality it is the person pulling the trigger(too slowly I might add) that sucks!

This game ROCKS :)

xboxrocks2003
09-09-2002, 08:23 AM
Turok is an awesome game!!! I picked it up and absolutely love it. I was one of those people putting it down until I actually played it more than 5 minutes. It really is a gem

GaMMa
09-09-2002, 01:07 PM
My friends all think Turok sucks... Their reasons are the same at any others who suck at FPS.. the controls are horrible (they can't aim... (no Halo autoaim)), it's hard to kill people (again they can't aim, they were going after the shotgun guys) and they claim the graphics suck. Now I admit multiplayer doesn't have the best graphics in the world, although it has sweet heat effects from the rocket or the Dark Cube, but single player on my Wega looks awsome. I'm sure I can get them too like the game eventually, but personally I see it as a must buy... great practice for UC.