PDA

View Full Version : Just Played PS2 Online,,,,,LOL

CrazyKane
09-06-2002, 11:54 PM
My buddies called me over tonight to hook their PS2 up to Road Runner and get them going with socom. First off hooking it up was not that hard for me, but \I could see a novice having problems with it. The gameplay was not to bad, although I thought the graphics were not as good as I would have thought. The voice thing they use was cool, but was choppy here and there. The funny thing was is that the servers crashed about an hour into our game. No one could get back into game rooms. So while everyone was chatting instead of playing, they were ripping XBOX live service. Lets think about this, thousands of players chatting because there free setup has crashed ripping a system and network that is not even running yet. I guess my whole point to this story is that I was not impressed with the PS2 setup at all. In fact if I ouwned a PS2 and loved online gaming, I would be scared after what I saw tonight.

WOWSY
09-07-2002, 12:55 AM
You get what you pay or don't pay for!!

LynxFX
09-07-2002, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by WOWSY
You get what you pay or don't pay for!!

Although true, be careful how you say that. The best online gaming I've ever experienced has always been on the PC and best of all it has always been free. :)

Angell
09-07-2002, 09:16 AM
Im glad for my Xbox

nemesYs
09-07-2002, 05:33 PM
Lets just hope that we won't ever have to experience anything like that...

meda1ni
09-07-2002, 05:42 PM
Hopefully all this XBOX online beta testing could fix all the bugs out before NOV. 15th...;)

Angell
09-07-2002, 05:59 PM
yummy online play :) both the bros are at collage so im itching to kill :) (on games that is :D )

MixMasta
09-07-2002, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by meda1ni
Hopefully all this XBOX online beta testing could fix all the bugs out before NOV. 15th...;)

yea, that was a very smart move on microsofts part. sony had no beta testing in the usa whatsoever

twilla
09-07-2002, 11:16 PM
S.o.c.o.m seems to be a good game online for ps2 but I think
Ghost Recon looks to be more promising for both consoles.
Also I thought sony did some testing in the spring?

I cant play to many games online on my P.C. and I doubt the
ones that are free aren't bringing in money with all those
upgrades, skins ,adons and all types of spam nothing is free
You get what you pay for! (eccept LOVE)

melon
09-08-2002, 02:19 AM
i bet Ghost Recon will be way better then PS2 Socom

addicted_2_xbox
09-08-2002, 07:44 AM
Let's see which is better, xbox live or ps2 a;ldfj:

1. headset works on all games - xbox
headset works on selected games - ps2

2. More games ( and also alot better) on launch - xbox
3 maybe four games on launch - ps2

3. Broadband only so theirs no slow people - xbox
Narrow\broadband - ps2

4. Military grade security - xbox
some unknown security system - ps2

5. Unreal Championship - xbox
S.O.C.O.M. - ps2

6. (most likely) more downloadable content -xbox
barely any downloadable content - ps2

oblivionX
09-08-2002, 08:56 AM
PS2 online is doomed because it's not all connected. It's seperate developers doing their own services. That will never work for me! It's not organized.

Element1404
09-08-2002, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by oblivionX
PS2 online is doomed because it's not all connected. It's seperate developers doing their own services. That will never work for me! It's not organized.

Hey that makes sense! The PC must be doomed too! Xbox Live is the savior! :rolleyes:

I have PS2 (online with Madden, THPS3, and SOCOM so far) and think it's great. I also have Xbox and was just selected for beta, should be getting my kit on Tuesday. I'm not going to make a judgement on which is better and for what reasons be because I have yet to play both. I'm guessing most of you (all of you probably) haven't actually played both, and if you have, probably looked for every little thing wrong with PS2 to blow out of proportion. I've been playing SOCOM for around 5-6 days, have never noticed ANY lag (truthfully), NEVER been disconnected (my PS2 did freeze twice but I don't know if it is related or not), and had a great time playing so far. The voice is a little choppy at times, but to me is just an added bonus that there even is voice.

I'm not going to say which is better since I haven't played on Live yet, so I'll reserve judgement.

mrmp3
09-09-2002, 06:02 PM
Element I totally agree about PC games being doomed. LOL. All PC games have servers run by their own companies (I think) and all the ones I've played run great. I remember people saying THPS3 was almost lag free against 2 or 3 other players on PS2 which is something Xbconnect can't say. I haven't played any PS2 games online nor have I played any XBL yet but from what I know, the clear choice is XBL. I just don't think PS2 is gonna get this online thing going as the Network Adapter was in extremely low stock and not too many people are happy with that. Signing off...

KviK
09-09-2002, 10:16 PM
You act like this wasn't going to happen.

CrazyKane
09-10-2002, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by mrmp3
I remember people saying THPS3 was almost lag free against 2 or 3 other players on PS2 which is something Xbconnect can't say.

I agree with everything you said, but you can't compare anything to xbconnect, or gamespy or anyone else useing a tunnel system to play XBOX online. These tunnel networks were fun so we could play our XBOX online, but we all knew there would be lag and other problems. We were not even supposed to be playing our XBOX online yet, but with these we could. My point was that PS2 is using there final product and it has flaws. I hope that when XBOX Live is launched that most if not all bugs are worked out. Although the PS2 online was fun, I was not impressed at all. But yet I am not impressed with the PS2 either. Don't get me wrong its a fun system, with fun games. Its just not an XBOX.