PDA

View Full Version : Cars in SegaGT 2002

nemesYs
09-07-2002, 10:36 AM
Alright I just thought that it would be interesting to see where everyone is at in the game.. Yesterday I played for like 6 hours.. the most I have played a game in a long time... This game is just that damn good...

Anyways on the topic at hand.. the Following are my cars.. Toyota Celica 1600GT, Crap... I forget the name... that Bug lookalike car with the checkered roof top... and my good ol' Cosmo Sport

I use my Cosmo sport the most and I have upgraded this thing from being an average racer to a beast on the road!!

From 126hp.. I made this car 261hp, The torque is around 209.8 ... I got the sports tires, the racing muffler.. Hell I have upgraded almost everything except for the weight of the car.. I don't know if I trust that.. For some reason I think it will make my car worse.. Either way.. What do the rest of you guys have?

By the way ... I think I'll buy myself a new car today!! :D

fausenbaug
09-07-2002, 10:43 AM
Is the game really that good? I was gonna get it when i heard it was coming out, but then there way a review that said there were only 10 tracks and that made it sound really repetative. Can you help me out here? I would like toget a really good racing game, but I'm not sure that this is gonna be the one.

thanx

nemesYs
09-07-2002, 10:57 AM
Alright here's what you need to know.. the graphics not compare to Rallisport... but I really don't mind to much because I personally like the car models and the lighting effects are fantastic... Sure there aren't a huge amount of tracks but each track that I have raced on so far is great.. except for the oval one.. cuz those are never really fun.. :)... But anyway.. the tracks in my opinion are very nicely designed... The amount of cars is fantastic and each time you get a new car the driving on the tracks will be different and you will have to adjust...

Unlike PGR or Rallisport.... I CANNOT put this game down... with PGR i was playing with a friend which is always more fun then by yourself yet... to me the fun of that game doesn't even compare to this one... Rallisport is yet another great game but the one thing I didn't like about it is that is mostly made up of timed races.. I like to race against cars so thats why... I would stop playing rallisport way before I would stop playing segaGT ... this game is damn addictive.. you always say to yourself.. ok one more race... I'll upgrade one more thing... only one more car to buy.. ... the hours pass by and then you've realized you have played from 7pm to 3am.... ... Yes.. lol.... that is what happened to me last night...

fausenbaug
09-07-2002, 11:00 AM
Right on, I know what you mean. I'll probobly pick it up then. :D

thanx

Comic Book Guy
09-07-2002, 11:04 AM
Lancer Evolution VII - 471hp - 478.1 lb torque (2nd car I bought, still love it)
Ford Gt CONCEPT - 720hp - 723.7 lb torque
Subaru Impreza WRX STi - 458hp - 434.3 lb torque
Mercedes-Benz CLK 430 Coupe - 552hp - 574.8 lb torque

nemesYs
09-07-2002, 11:06 AM
GEEZ!!! My cars suck to hell then... :(

fausenbaug
09-07-2002, 11:06 AM
i just read that it is only 1 player capable. Is this true?

killerclint
09-07-2002, 11:07 AM
all i have now is a tunned Z28 Camero,,i have the b licence,,and i'am getting smoked by the other cars,,i need a better car that can handle turns,,the z28 is to wide and is no good to me anymore,,i only have like $3000 to spend!,,,,i still love this game!!

EHWfedPres
09-07-2002, 11:09 AM
Test Drive only has 4 tracks.

But, they are seperated into multiple parts and are not to mention really big, so who cares about the number of tracks, its the gameplay that counts.

fausenbaug
09-07-2002, 11:13 AM
Somthing I heard though is that is takes so long to earn up all the money to get you "dream" car. So once you get enough money, you don't care because you sick of racing those same tracks over and over...

P-Rock
09-07-2002, 11:34 AM
Wow, this game sounds really good. I'm trying to save up for Xbox Live, UC, Splinter Cell, and some others, but I'm starting to get very temped to buy this game.

Is this game going to be the Grand Turismo of the Xbox?

nemesYs
09-07-2002, 11:38 AM
..... To your first question it can support 2 players.. split screen racing.. I haven't done that yet so don't ask me how that is..

Now your second point about it taking so long to get a dream ... thats not necessarily true.. look at comic book guy... he has how many cars now and the game hasn't even been out yet... plus everyone has a different dream car.. your first car that you buy can be yoru dream car... hell the second car that I got which is the Cosmo sport is like my dream car right now.. I've suped it up so much that I can't supe it up much more!! lol... So I wouldn't worry to much about that... Once you get going and learn the game you'll be buying cars left and right.... I would have a lot more cars right now but I have put around... hmmm... almost 50,000 into my Cosmo now.. heh.. damn i love that little bugger!

By the way if your really worried that it may get boring for you.. just give it a rent... then you can judge for yourself. Or just look at previous threads on these boards... many people judged the game, saying it was going to be sooo bad.. now those same people are the ones that spend 6 hours a day playing.

Hope I've helped ya some! :)

Snoopy7548
09-07-2002, 11:42 AM
does this game have an ferraris, porsches, or lamborghinis?

nemesYs
09-07-2002, 11:44 AM
Forgot to mention this.... Quit worrying about the amount of tracks... this game is not about tracks and if you are a huge car enthusiast then you have nothing to worry about.

I really like the track designs... they are challenging and fairly narrow which is good in my opinion because you can't just pass someone easily.. you gotta wait for the right moment....

Now for the last time.. this game is about gameplay... awesome/addictive gameplay IMHO... Ask anyone who owns the game and they will tell you the same thing...

Now for a question to the people to have the game... do you guys get all excited when your rev up your engine right before a race... lol... my Cosmo sounds sooooooo ******* good and powerful... and yet it is a way weaker car then many others... i can't wait to drive some of the big boys.

nemesYs
09-07-2002, 11:45 AM
does this game have an ferraris, porsches, or lamborghinis?

Um... I haven't seen those car companies in the car shop so, I'm not too sure... .. They may be special cars that you win later on.. but that is only a guess.. right now I haven't seen any, no.

Jarvis
09-07-2002, 12:19 PM
I love this game, right now I have a fully suped up NSX and Ford GT Concept car. the concept car kicks so much ass, the thing is like fcking glue on the tracks and stops on a dime! (not to mention it does a 9.3 something on the quarter mile!)

-jarvis

BullitNC
09-07-2002, 12:21 PM
There may only be 8-12 tracks, but you don't race the same way every time. Some of the courses are quite long, with many optional segments. I don't know how to explain it, other than sometimes there is a barricade up, that alters your route, you use other portions of the track. So some tracks may have up to 3 different layouts. Like at Daytona, they have an infield road course portion, and the banked oval. The Superbikes run both portions of the track....it's kinda like that.

Comic Book Guy
09-07-2002, 01:02 PM
It didn't take me long AT ALL to get the GT Concept. In fact, it was the third car that I bought. The Lancer was my second, and a Peugot 206 was my very first little baby. Right now I have over $400,000 from winning races and selling the cars I win and don't care to have.

I don't mind that there are only 11 tracks. Some of them are still quite challenging.

No Ferraris, Porsches or Lamborghinis.

KillerClint- the Camaro z28 blows, sell it now!

Has anyone drivin the "zero"? How is it? I sold mine because it looked like a piece of crap.

nemesYs
09-07-2002, 01:08 PM
Ah you see thats where we are different... I don't plan on selling any of my cars.. lol.. .I'm going for the complete collection!

Snoopy7548
09-07-2002, 01:27 PM
is there a list of all the cars? it sucks they dont have any ferraris and stuff, but what kind of other cars do they have?

EliGC
09-07-2002, 01:44 PM
I have the following cars:

Camaro SS - 420hp and 419.5 torque does a 1/4 mile in 11.454
Dodge Charger - 420hp 420 torque
Chevelle - 750hp 765 torque does a 1/4 mile in 11.611
Mercedes SLK320 - Stock
Some Jaguar that you win from "Battle of the 70s"
Camaro Z28 - 412hp and 421 torque
Corvette - Stock
Stingray - Stock

Now, my problem is that my Chevelle who has double the power of my Camaro SS is running slower than it in a 1/4 mile. How come, I maxed out all of its upgrades in the turbo category and got the racing tires. Are there such thing as Drag Racing Tires in this game? I think there should be, anyone unlocked it?

Kortiz
09-07-2002, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by nemesYs
Alright here's what you need to know.. the graphics not compare to Rallisport... but I really don't mind to much because I personally like the car models and the lighting effects are fantastic... Sure there aren't a huge amount of tracks but each track that I have raced on so far is great.. except for the oval one.. cuz those are never really fun.. :)... But anyway.. the tracks in my opinion are very nicely designed... The amount of cars is fantastic and each time you get a new car the driving on the tracks will be different and you will have to adjust...

Unlike PGR or Rallisport.... I CANNOT put this game down... with PGR i was playing with a friend which is always more fun then by yourself yet... to me the fun of that game doesn't even compare to this one... Rallisport is yet another great game but the one thing I didn't like about it is that is mostly made up of timed races.. I like to race against cars so thats why... I would stop playing rallisport way before I would stop playing segaGT ... this game is damn addictive.. you always say to yourself.. ok one more race... I'll upgrade one more thing... only one more car to buy.. ... the hours pass by and then you've realized you have played from 7pm to 3am.... ... Yes.. lol.... that is what happened to me last night...

LOL that is what i did last night, i played from 9pm to about 5am, man was i pooped after that.

i have:

like 6 crap cars i wont use and will sell

loaded Charger
loaded Lotus Exige
loaded GT Concept
chevelle, not touched
sold my first car which was a peugoet(sp) 206 2.0, which was fully modded

This game is very addictive, i feel like when i started playing shenmue on DC when it came out, lol, i played that game for virtually 3days straight besides sleeping for about 5 or 6 hours in between days.

ibloshtup
09-07-2002, 03:22 PM
is your chevelle a lot heavier? what about traction?

Kortiz
09-07-2002, 03:25 PM
Now, my problem is that my Chevelle who has double the power of my Camaro SS is running slower than it in a 1/4 mile. How come, I maxed out all of its upgrades in the turbo category and got the racing tires. Are there such thing as Drag Racing Tires in this game? I think there should be, anyone unlocked it?

ok, what are you using on 1/4th drag strip? auto tranny of manual tranny? that will make up all the difference.

also i have oeve 500hp in my charger, what license do you have? what shift kit are you using, they have a 5k one and an 8k one, the high shift kit is 5k, i use that on the drag strip, i have heard you can do under 9seconds witht eh GT concept but only have 9 and a half seconds as my fastest time....*shrug* anyway, your charger should be wiping ass on the drag strip if it is fully modded

wt reduction is a huge key on the drag strip, so pay the 20000 for the full wt reduction on all cars

Kortiz
09-07-2002, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
is there a list of all the cars? it sucks they dont have any ferraris and stuff, but what kind of other cars do they have?

trust me snoopy, you are not missing out without any of those cars, there is more than enough to keep you wanting more, some cars arnt even on the buy list yet, you have to get higher up on the license chain to even race them or look at them.

Comic Book Guy
09-07-2002, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by EliGC

It's because it's so much heavier. Lighten it up and it should speed up.

Kortiz
09-07-2002, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by ChickenSHHHH

ok, what are you using on 1/4th drag strip? auto tranny of manual tranny? that will make up all the difference.

also i have oeve 500hp in my charger, what license do you have? what shift kit are you using, they have a 5k one and an 8k one, the high shift kit is 5k, i use that on the drag strip, i have heard you can do under 9seconds witht eh GT concept but only have 9 and a half seconds as my fastest time....*shrug* anyway, your charger should be wiping ass on the drag strip if it is fully modded

wt reduction is a huge key on the drag strip, so pay the 20000 for the full wt reduction on all cars

oops, i was thinking charger not chevelle, i havnt touched my chevelle yet, i dunno why it is not winning, only thing i can think of is AT or MT, MT is best, wt reductions, just do all mods you can, do more license tests and you unlock more stuff, better racing tires, i am assuming this would work for the drag strip as well, either way go all the way as far as mods go, and hell, just read above hehe, only think i was talking about the chevelle

nemesYs
09-07-2002, 05:10 PM
Also make sure your parts are running in top form.. and that you don't have an engine that is dying ... that always helps too...

LoL.. Chicken.. I guess were both either hooked on this game.. or we need to get back to reality.

I plan on buying at least two more cars tonight.

Xracer
09-07-2002, 06:01 PM
Clio sport V6 24V ----------310hp fully modded
Mustang GT390------------428hp fully modded
Honda S2000--------------501hp fully modded early fav
NSX Type R 02-------------570hp fully modded
240z Racing----------------295hp
Impreza 22B STi Ver------475hp fully modded
Super seven R500R-------283hp
Ford GT ---------------------474hp fully modded
Viper GTS/R-----------------644hp fully modded
Corvette Z06---------------518hp fully modded
Caspita----------------------562hp fully modded and untouchable
Starion 4WD Rally---------567hp
Ford concept GT-----------840hp wowowow

there's a racing forum here btw

Angell
09-07-2002, 06:02 PM
I'm starting to get very temped to buy this game

Im feeling the burn as well

Kortiz
09-07-2002, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Xracer
Clio sport V6 24V ----------310hp fully modded
Mustang GT390------------428hp fully modded
Honda S2000--------------501hp fully modded early fav
NSX Type R 02-------------570hp fully modded
240z Racing----------------295hp
Impreza 22B STi Ver------475hp fully modded
Super seven R500R-------283hp
Ford GT ---------------------474hp fully modded
Viper GTS/R-----------------644hp fully modded
Corvette Z06---------------518hp fully modded
Caspita----------------------562hp fully modded and untouchable
Starion 4WD Rally---------567hp
Ford concept GT-----------840hp wowowow

there's a racing forum here btw

ahh so you have the Caspita, I gotta get that car, FRIGGEN SWEET how the spoiler works.......very small touch up, but im impressed by how they made that work.....i guess i could just be easily amused? *shrug*

Xracer
09-07-2002, 06:57 PM
took me a few laps to notice it . but it's cool
I'm leaning towards the Caspita as the fastest car in the game the thing handles so well. wont even squeal tires in the corners

Kortiz
09-07-2002, 07:04 PM
that is how i feel with my lotus exige. with the new racing brakes/tires, that helps A LOT!

if i hear tire sounds, im going pretty damn fast in a turn.

you can def. see a diff in handling between different cars, based on HP/wt all that,

GO BUCCS!!!
09-07-2002, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by fausenbaug
Is the game really that good? I was gonna get it when i heard it was coming out, but then there way a review that said there were only 10 tracks and that made it sound really repetative. Can you help me out here? I would like toget a really good racing game, but I'm not sure that this is gonna be the one.

thanx yep, i was so frinkin' hyped on this game it was crazy. now after hearing it only has 12 tracks i feel like telling sega to go blow.

Comic Book Guy
09-07-2002, 08:56 PM
How did you get the Ford GT Concept to have so much horsepower? I've beaten every last "official race" and I'm still only at about 770hp. Can you unlock more stuff in the event races? And what race do you get the caspita?

Kortiz
09-07-2002, 09:51 PM
hey comic book guy, here is how to get hte caspita

i think anyway...

get your GT concept car in the garage

click the right trigger on your controller

check what races it has available to try, the one that is secluded from all the other races, i think the caspita is the special award you get from that race. then go race until you win it, im gonna go try it in a few mins

Xracer
09-07-2002, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Comic Book Guy
How did you get the Ford GT Concept to have so much horsepower? I've beaten every last "official race" and I'm still only at about 770hp. Can you unlock more stuff in the event races? And what race do you get the caspita?

you get the caspita in the super car series
to get more HP there's some more goodies in the touring car series and in the 2nd season]

unfortually ive about maxed everything out and there isnt much more to do in the game i only see 4 tracks in time attack which is a bummer because I always like to try to better lap times. That's what gives racing games replay value to me

Acrappa
09-07-2002, 11:27 PM
This game is really great. I don't own it, but my friend brought it over and I played it for four or five hours straight. I went to go buy it today, but couldn't find it. Grrr...

Anyway, I'm using a suped up Z06. It's got ~750 hp.

As for the Zero, I'm using that as my primary car right now. It doesn't have a lot of horse power to boot, but it's very light and very fast.

Be certain that I'm going out tomorrow and trying to find a copy of this game.

Jarvis
09-07-2002, 11:54 PM
I have having a massive time trying to pass the A class liscense test, i just can't do it. you have to get it under 130 and i cannot do the damned track in less than 132, i'm snapping!

-jarvis

EliGC
09-08-2002, 01:45 AM
Hey guys, thanks for all you replies. I finally figured out what was keeping my Chevelle so slow, the Traction Control, you gotta turn it off in the menu. Now, instead of 11.6 sec it runs 10.2 sec, which is about right.