PDA

View Full Version : segaGT Event Races

nemesYs
09-07-2002, 10:50 AM
Alright.. I can win one of these almost everytime now and the odd few times I do it without any damage.. my question is... how do you get the SPECIAL PRIZE?!!?! Like its either a plate or a different trophy or another car??

If anyone can help I'll be very thankful!

Comic Book Guy
09-07-2002, 10:54 AM
I have gotten all the special prize's just by winning the race. You can only win a special prize one time. I don't think the damage matters when getting a prize. To get that other trophy you just have to place 2nd or 3rd.

nemesYs
09-07-2002, 11:00 AM
Hmmm... ok do you get lets say the Plate to go in your Garage? And did you get a screen that showed the plate saying you won the special prize?

dpw84
09-07-2002, 11:24 AM
it would say u won a special prize the at the same time u get a trophy or the cash...there is one special prize that i have not gotten and i won the race about 5 times and a few of them i didnt even have any damage done

nemesYs
09-07-2002, 11:47 AM
Hmmmmmmmmmm....... I'm lost... maybe i did win that special prize and didn't notice it... but I pretty positive I didn't see no plate award ... :(

BullitNC
09-07-2002, 12:24 PM
For starters you can't just race the "Microsoft Cup" one time and win the special prize. You have to keep winning, on all the different courses within the series. The 1st prize listed is what you get if you come in first place, the special prize is awarded later in the series. The plates, cups, and trophies all go to your garage.

nemesYs
09-07-2002, 12:33 PM
Thanks a lot man.. I think I know what you mean.. I'm going to race in the Casio today and keep racing over and over to see if I finally get the special prize! I had a feeling it had something to deal with that because each time its a different track in each of the events.

Kortiz
09-07-2002, 02:05 PM
i have won the special prize NUMEROUS times on all tracks i have raced on......i dunno how i get them, sometimes i dont and sometimes i do, either way it is just a plaque and you get one and it goes in your garage, you have an extra room to put your prize winnings and such

Xracer
09-07-2002, 02:27 PM
Group B monster's
the special prize is a car MR2
i've won the race without damage
won it 4 times in a row
won other races in the series

ive won them before it can't be random.

Kortiz
09-07-2002, 02:35 PM
lol, anybody got a stategy guide for GT2002? lol

Comic Book Guy
09-07-2002, 03:58 PM
The Casio Cup sucks. I've done about 20 races in the same car and won them all and I still don't have that plate. Does anyone have the Casio Cup special sprize? How long did it take you?

Kortiz
09-07-2002, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Comic Book Guy
The Casio Cup sucks. I've done about 20 races in the same car and won them all and I still don't have that plate. Does anyone have the Casio Cup special sprize? How long did it take you?

i would have to look, i will let you know in a little while.

nemesYs
09-07-2002, 05:29 PM
Comic Guy my thoughts are exactly the same as yours.. lol... although I like the cup because it gives good payoffs especially with no damage but.. I WANT THAT DAMN PLAQUE/PLATE.. whatever it is!! lol

Kortiz
09-07-2002, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by ChickenSHHHH

i would have to look, i will let you know in a little while.

ok.....i checked the race and i do remember winning that special price, odd thing is......IT ISNT IN MY GARAGE, i looked all over, the ground, ceiling, wall, EVERYWHERE, but i cant find it....dunno what is up with that but i knwo i won it. 2 times at least.