PDA

View Full Version : Sega GT 2k2 comments and questions

hachirokku
09-07-2002, 12:31 PM
Sega GT 2k2, somewhat of a disappointment, yet it still delivers an overall good package. When compared to GT3 (it shouldn't have been though) Sega loses by far in terms being the definitive racing simulation game. GT3, by far, has much more depth racing itself, car tuning, and # of cars available.

As I said before, this game isn't bad, but it shouldn't have been compared to GT3. I love this game, bought it the first day it came out and have been waiting a while for it already. Graphics are beautiful, but only better than GT3 by a little. So much more could have been done graphically on Xbox, this was probably because they rushed production of the game

Any one know if you are able to unlock new levels for 2 player mode? Also, how the heck do you win the special car prices in the Event Races?? I've raced perfectly in a couple of those and still did not seem to get any of the special car prizes. Anyone have tips on drifting in this game? I've gotten my cars to drift, but only by using the e-brake most of the time. Thanks.

Cars I have (not many):

AE86 Trueno (hachi rokku)
RX-7 FC

Kortiz
09-07-2002, 02:10 PM
hmmmmmm drifting in like the oval race? or what?

i just use the regular brake because i seem to not mess up as much. oh and save up for the Lotus Exige, at first it is not very fast, but with all the mods put in you will be a winner all the time, not fast on the straights but handling is VERY VERY VERY GOOD!

trust me on this.

Kortiz
09-07-2002, 02:12 PM
of course you could just keep saving for the GT Concept which is better and faster then the exige, but before you get the A license do some exploring with cars and such, try and save as much money as possible, the GT Concept is 150,000, the exige is 55000, both are good cars and those are my mains now.

hachirokku
09-07-2002, 04:06 PM
Thanks for the reply. So far I've only used my Trueno to win all the races. I've upgraded it to the max, except for turbo... I should have done that instead of NA Tune. I'm up to License B right now and the races are getting pretty hard. I don't think my 86 can match the other cars unless I get more upgrades.

How far are you into the game already Chicken? Were you able to win the special prizes in the Event Races? I won some special prizes but never the cars that they have. I've yet to win any, even when I raced perfectly.

Kortiz
09-07-2002, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by hachirokku
Thanks for the reply. So far I've only used my Trueno to win all the races. I've upgraded it to the max, except for turbo... I should have done that instead of NA Tune. I'm up to License B right now and the races are getting pretty hard. I don't think my 86 can match the other cars unless I get more upgrades.

How far are you into the game already Chicken? Were you able to win the special prizes in the Event Races? I won some special prizes but never the cars that they have. I've yet to win any, even when I raced perfectly.

keep modding your car, put all you can put on it....it only makes it better.

once you do that, save for the lotus exige, it is awesome looking and when tuned to the max can kick some ass. the accelleration is insane, when Weight reduction is done all the way you have a very light car, good for handling and speed/acceleration. it is soo low to the ground too, it costs about 55,000bucks,

if you want money fast, do the oval track when it is available and do the dragstrip when it is not. that is how i got money

i have gotten like 5 or 6 cars from doing the official races, and i have gotten the charger/chevelle and like 2 other cars from the event races, i havnt bought a car or checked the cars i have now to see what other event races i can do to win some other cars, i did do the fast race with my GT Concept and got the first place prize, dun remember the car but i didnt get the special price, which looks better then the first place prize, hehe i need to go play more.

once you have a fast car you think can make 1st in every race, go for the A license and you will win like 3 cars on route to A and S license.......i have one i can sell for over 300,000 bucks, i am gonna see if i can sell it or i may tune that to perfections

my question is......they have shift kits i can buy, one is 5000 and one is 8000, at first i was thinking that i can do better with the one that costs 5000, but havnt tried it since i modded my charger.

if you knwo what im talking about, anyone, what is better, before i log off to play? 8000 or 5000 shift kit? it is at the end of the parts shop very far right.

nemesYs
09-07-2002, 05:27 PM
I also got the 5k gear kit.. and so far its been doing wonders for me... Tonight I'm going to buy the 8k one for acceleration and just see if it does any difference ...

Kortiz
09-07-2002, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by nemesYs
I also got the 5k gear kit.. and so far its been doing wonders for me... Tonight I'm going to buy the 8k one for acceleration and just see if it does any difference ...

i am going to stick with the 5k one, because the 8k one doesnt do it on the drag strip, possibly on the road tracks, it is called a closed mission gear kit, it has more gears that you have to go through, i dont know what benifits from this feature, but i would like some feedback if possible.....thanks

Carnage
09-08-2002, 09:32 PM
k, i may be wrong about this, (i dont know THAT much about cars/transmissions) but as far as i know, the close mission kit tunes your car for better acceleration by lowering the rpms you car shifts at. For example: car normally shifts at, say, 7000rpm. Now, by equipping a close mission kit, the car now shifts at, say 6500rpm. This would increase increase your acceleration time, but lower your max speed.
The High gear kit is the exact opposite; slower acceleration, but higher top speed.

Normally, the Ford Concept maxes out at around 170mph. With a High gear kit, it now maxes out at 200mph.

Close mission kits would be ideal for tighter/shorter tracks that involve lots of breaking/turning.
High gear kits are for the tracks with the long straights. Where you can open up and fly down the course (200mph!!! dear god. lol)