PDA

View Full Version : No-solder Mod Is Here!

Snoopy7548
09-07-2002, 06:57 PM
i was on xboxhacker.net, and they had updated news on the no solder mod! theres actually 2 of them! one is called the matrix (formerly known as xodus), and the other doesnt have a name yet i think. this is true, so dont think its fake. they connect with precision spring loaded contacts. easybuy2000.com is already taking pre orders for the matrix, im probly gonna buy it. heres the link to the pre order

http://www.easybuy2000.com/store/xbox/matrix.shtml#features

and heres the link to the other mod http://www.xgen-mods.com/nosolder.html

theres only 1 thing im not sure about, and its xbox live. microsoft said that they can detect modchips, so i was wondering how this modchip would like get over that. if it had a dual bios option, then that would be great. anyway, this is really great news, since now i can do a ton of stuff with my xbox:D :) :D

GokuX
09-07-2002, 07:04 PM
Maybe they didn't do anything special so this chip wouldn't be detected. U may just have to go in and remove it when U're gonna use XBL. Perhaps the reason for no solder.

Snoopy7548
09-07-2002, 07:05 PM
yea, but still, when you get the chip, you have to like program the bios or whatever into it or something. so wouldnt that bios replace the bios of the xbox?

GokuX
09-07-2002, 07:12 PM
The chip bios probably over-rides the XBox bios, when it's touching those connection points on the circuit board. There may not be a way around XBL detection. I'm not a mod chip expert or anything so I could far off here. Hackers do crazy stuff all the time so there's always the possibility getting around XBL lockouts.

redrum237
09-07-2002, 08:27 PM
I know its leagal to own back-up copies of games, and you need a mod chip for this, so there leagal. Then whats the problem?

Reversion
09-07-2002, 09:18 PM
Dude relax, its a pitty the PC privacy laws dont apply here where MS doesnt have the right to find out whats on your xbox or something like that.. but i guess they do.

Anyway.. their will be hacks cracks and whatever else you want to call it the warez/cracker community HATES MS like most geeks do and will do whatever they can to stop MS making money ie, helping ppl with modchips so they can play on xbl

VenoM
09-08-2002, 12:29 AM
only reason i want a mod chip is to play old classic games using emulators and also being able to run programs that let you view vcd's,svcd's,divx and let you listen to mp3's....i wouldnt bother with the burnt games since most of them would have to be burnt on a dvdrw disc (cant afford a dvdrw burner) and the ones burnt on regular cdrw's the games are ripped to death its not even worth it....they rip out audio tracks,speech,intro movies,cut scenes,make the sound in the game mono instead of stereo...most games are left intact though but only the small crappy games like nightcaster

addicted_2_xbox
09-08-2002, 07:30 AM
thats bad ass. But it sucks that MS can detect mod chips over XBL. I think thats queer. It's not their business if someone wants to back up their precious products. If they are scared about boot-legs, then why dont they go after the people that make them.

XslayerX
09-08-2002, 01:55 PM
Thats not right though if MS does that, I know ppl from UK that have a chip to play US games.