PDA

View Full Version : new game to buy, any ideas?

odpr
09-07-2002, 07:08 PM
welp I have doa 3 halo, and rally, now I want to buy a new game, not now, maybe in a few weeks, the question is , is there something good to wait for? or is there somethin g to buiy now ?

( btw how is amped? )

btw pal ver..

odpr
09-08-2002, 02:08 PM
take the reason that nobody answer me as ...sorry dude there is no games ... ?

Tinny
09-08-2002, 02:36 PM
The games I currently own are:

Halo
Dead or Alive 3
Moto GP
Turok: Evolution
Max Payne
amped
Enclave
2002 FIFA World Cup

I recommend amped and Moto GP with Max Payne and Turok: Evolution coming after, depending on the type of game you like. If you want to hold out for a game here's the list I like to recommend:

Buldar's Gate: Dark Alliance
Hitman 2
The Thing
Battle Ending Aquila (I don't know when it's going to be release)
Morrowind
Unreal Championship

According to the releases of OXM (UK)

All PALs. And I will be buying atleast 4/6 games from the second list. Might get Time Splitters (depends) and Silent Hill 2: Inner Fears but I'm not sure.

odpr
09-08-2002, 02:53 PM
welp hit man two, for sure I am going to buy it when it's coming out ?!

about amaped, probbely, did u like i t ?

now, how about blinks? when this little devil is coming out, any good platformer is on the air? how about fighting ? ? ?

bye

No Fear 23
09-08-2002, 02:57 PM
i like the thing

Tinny
09-08-2002, 03:15 PM
amped was an OK game. The best snowboarding game I played (that's not saying much; I only played like 4 of them) and it has absolutely great tracks. The controls are pretty good too. Only trouble is you don't really have much for MP option and you gotta take turns. Other then that, this game is very nice.

Blinx should be coming out in November along with Malice. I would recommend Abe if you like platformers. Loons and Taz Wanted are other platformers you might like. For fighting games you'll have to hold out for Mortal Kombat: DA, X-Men and Marvel vs Capcom. If you like wrestling there is WWE: Raw is War (bad reviews though) and Legends of Wrestling. It really depends on you. Oh, and Hunter: The Reckoning is a good fun fighting game to get. Others include Spiderman, Buffy and Bruce Lee (again bad reviews). If you want short games all the above will fit. If you want a longer game, wait for Buldar's Gate and Morrowind and Hitman 2.

PS. I advise you to buy OXM (Official Xbox Magazine) this month (it's out now). It has listings of the games and does contain quite a bit of information aswell as demos. You might also want to branch out towards XBM and XGamer but again, it's your choice.

odpr
09-08-2002, 03:31 PM
tell me how is the xbox doing there ? :)

second thing, my father was recenly in uk, and he told me that the games there cost furtune! is there a place to buy games there cheap ?

second, do u recommand on the oxm ? I mean .. they are biased no ? ? ? :)

Tinny
09-08-2002, 03:46 PM
Oh, you have my sincere apologies; I thought you lived in the UK. To answer the first question: quite badly. In my area I don't think there's another X-Box gamer. I know there are PS2s and GCNs since I owned and played them at other peoples houses. The X-Box however is certainly not doing very well. Still the overall European thing is so-so I guess.
Your second question: £45-50 for a newly release. Lowest 1st hand is about £30. Second hands costs £15+. Conversions: Alot of money. Yes games here are quite expensive but I think they aren't as expensive as say in Canada. But I could be wrong since I am really bad at maths. Cheap games... try the net. That failed grab second hand copies (make sure they are legit though). Ofcourse XBA has a nive Trade place...
Your third question: They are quite bias. More bias then the PS2 (Official) Magazine but less then the GCN (Official) Magazine. I only brought two unofficial magazines for the PS2 and none for the GCN but they all seem pretty bias. PS2 (Official) was suprisingly unbiased most of the time and kepts quite sometimes (SOCOM was a suprise to me for instance) Then again, I don't own a PS2 or GCN anymore; but I do go around and play them occasionally. The X-Box unoffical magazines are very biased BTW. BUT I think OXM (UK) gives pretty stern reviews. I mean Halo got 9.7 (what I also give it) and Moto GP gets 8.9 (I give it 9.3) all in all, OXM is a pretty decent mag (just don't expect alot of promises from them).

Again, my apologies for assuming you lived in the UK. But I hoped my suggestions are good 'uns...

odpr
09-08-2002, 03:55 PM
instead of me asking all the time here, do u have Icq num ?

Xtopia
09-08-2002, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by odpr
welp I have doa 3 halo, and rally, now I want to buy a new game, not now, maybe in a few weeks, the question is , is there something good to wait for? or is there somethin g to buiy now ?

( btw how is amped? )

btw pal ver..

Get Morrowind.:cool: ;) :) :p

hook-worm J
09-08-2002, 04:27 PM
I recommend dead to rights, or sega GT 2002.

Spades
09-08-2002, 08:39 PM
hitman 2 is what i want

Spaztic
09-09-2002, 03:30 PM
I would sugget

sega soccer slam, buffy, or dead 2 rights

fausenbaug
09-09-2002, 03:40 PM
I recommend FIFA world cup and sega gt 2002. I have FIFA, super fun game, and i can't wait to get my hands on sega gt, that game is gonna be sweet!

wweomaniac
09-09-2002, 03:49 PM
in a few weeks eh? take a look at my list on my sig. Can't quite remember what games are on it, but they're all simply amazing.

pieceofmind83
09-10-2002, 02:24 AM
THE THING