PDA

View Full Version : xbox at target....not very impressive

aliaga61
11-09-2001, 10:06 AM
i looked at the xbox demo at target. i don't know if it was the monitor they had set up or if it was just a beta version or what, but the graphics were not very impressive...no better than ps2. i sure hope it was just their setup! anyone see anything differently?

scarecrow kfj
11-09-2001, 10:09 AM
The ones I saw looked awsome. Well they were playing actual games not demos... I saw one demo and it was soso... need less to say they took the demo out and put a game in

Marc
11-09-2001, 10:36 AM
It had to be the setup. I had a PS2 and the xbox in the EB store looked better than the PS2. I played Madden 2002, which I also played for the PS2 that I used to own before I traded it in for xbox credit, and it looked FAR better on the xbox.

aliaga61
11-09-2001, 10:55 AM
great! i haven't been able to get out much without a license, and i've only seen it at target. i know from the reviews and screen shots i've seen it looks awesome, but you could only play odd world there and it didn't look that great...i definately can't wait to get xbox.

l Maximus l
11-09-2001, 11:02 AM
aliaga...don't worry, dude...That Munch demo was exactly that: a demo. It's not even the real game...not even close...it simply was showing you how to use certain buttons and is more of a teaser-demo...The game is going to be much better.

Personally, I'm going to wait before I run out and buy Munch...I want to conquer Halo and get some major playing time out of Project Gotham Racing, Amped, and NFL Fever first. Dude, I'm so pumped! I have played NFL Fever live...and, MAN!!! Let me tell you...it's, by far, the best football video game I have ever played! It's blows Madden out of the water...

-Max

scarecrow kfj
11-09-2001, 11:04 AM
Yeah thats the demo I played to... I liked it but the graphics wernt that good on the demo. I happend to be playing a dif game across the mall just before that game so I wasnt to worried.

aliaga61
11-09-2001, 12:14 PM
i didn't know whether to play it safe and go with madden or take a chance that nfl fever would be more than just good graphics, so i stuck with madden when i preordered....so i guess i should have chosen nfl fever huh? :( i can't wait till nhl 2002. they also need to release a college football game soon!