PDA

View Full Version : Sega GT Season 2

dpw84
09-07-2002, 09:21 PM
I dont know how many of u have gottin past the stage 6 of the first season but there is a second season...after u win the one race in stage 6 u get the Viper which has 644 hp with all its mod's.
i suggest u use the Ford GT concept on the stage 6 race. I took it easy and had the lead of the Corvette going into the first turn and i never looked back...i won easily and the corvette was 10 sec behind in second.

edit: i got 1st on all races with mostly the Lotus Espirt 2002

BullitNC
09-07-2002, 10:38 PM
I just got to the stage 5 races with my "S" license. I've raced the 1st stage 5 race twice, and haven't won yet. I can have a demanding lead into the 4th lap. About midway the 4th lap one of the cars blows by me. Sandbagger! First it was the Supra, then it was the Stingray. I must admit I really hate this. Where does this car find the oomph to blow my doors off on the 4th lap? If this is an AI thing...I'm really going to be mad.

dpw84
09-08-2002, 09:22 AM
what kind of car are u using...i used the Lotus Espirt 2002 all the way up to stage 6 and everything was pretty easy. Its not an AI thing because the type of cars are better than in the previous stages. I am sure u know that the Supra tops out at over 160 mph and accelerates pretty good.

In season 2 you can tell the AI is different...you find yourself strugeling with cars you were betting with easy before.

Comic Book Guy
09-08-2002, 10:28 AM
Get a Ford GT Concept and give it to total package. Also, change your suspension to the way you like for the best handling possible.

clutch
09-08-2002, 11:31 AM
does anyone know the difference between the close mission gear kit and the high gear kit.

Carnage
09-08-2002, 12:05 PM
the game actually tells you the difference, but ill tell you as well ;)

the close mission kit raises your acceleration, while the high gear kit raises your top speed.
Put a high gear kit on the ford concept, and your max speed will top out at over 200mph :eek:

clutch
09-08-2002, 12:20 PM
thanx man, and how do u get the ford concept gt

Kortiz
09-08-2002, 03:39 PM
ok, GT Concept car is best car like comic book guy said.

put all you can into that baby. it should cost you around 230,000 to get that joker fully suped up. that includes buying the car too.

if you do an official race, get our your GT Concept and kick some ass. i have won each of the stages in the S license catagory the first time i tried it.

my only prob is winning the Special prize on the super car race with my GT Concept. i still dont udnerstand what it takes to win the special prize, if it is random or what, i end up with full damage or halfway full damage. doe i need to win untouched?

*shrug* i want that caspita, ****** i do, that thing has some big acceleration, even witht he GT Concept it is a biatch to beat it. i need the closed mission gear kit to beat that car. handling is the key and acceleration in most races.

Comic Book Guy
09-08-2002, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by ChickenSHHHH
ok, GT Concept car is best car like comic book guy said.

put all you can into that baby. it should cost you around 230,000 to get that joker fully suped up. that includes buying the car too.

if you do an official race, get our your GT Concept and kick some ass. i have won each of the stages in the S license catagory the first time i tried it.

my only prob is winning the Special prize on the super car race with my GT Concept. i still dont udnerstand what it takes to win the special prize, if it is random or what, i end up with full damage or halfway full damage. doe i need to win untouched?

*shrug* i want that caspita, ****** i do, that thing has some big acceleration, even witht he GT Concept it is a biatch to beat it. i need the closed mission gear kit to beat that car. handling is the key and acceleration in most races.

I used my normal transmission for that one and just blew by them all. I think I was 15 seconds ahead at the finish. Just race smart and pass them tight on the inside of corners. That's what I do when I race fast cars and it has never failed.

Xracer
09-08-2002, 07:11 PM
the game is bascially over once you reach the Concept GT nothing can touch it the Capspita come close but lacks the raw power.
The AI really needs to be bumped up for season 2 I can beat it with my Honda S2000.

Carnage
09-08-2002, 09:21 PM
When suped, the Ford GT90 has well over 1100 horsepower, but its slow as hell. heh explain that one to me? :)

Im now going through the game, buying and suping all nice looking cars. lol i also bought all the "goods" in the used parts shop. heh theres tons of crap laying around my garage now :D

BullitNC
09-08-2002, 11:33 PM
I still haven't won a stage 5 race. I've only tried maybe 3 times. I get 3rd every time. Each time on the 4th lap, somebody blows by me like I'm sitting still. I'm already using the GT40. At the start of the race, I leave them in my dust. I don't handle the corners as well as I should, but on the straights none of the other cars seemingly can hang with me. That is until the 4th lap. Even doing 180+ down the straightaway, I can't gain on the car that passes me. I'm stumped, and a crappy driver too. Usually after I get passed, I get flustrered, and try to cath them. So far in all 3 attempts, I've been passed on the 4th lap, and I spin out on the 5th lap...same place every time. I've finished 3rd every time. After a few more tries I'm moving on to something else. I can't get it. I always check my car before each race to make sure nothing needs repair, and I installed race tires, as they are the only ones that don't slip like mad.

Kortiz
09-08-2002, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by BullitNC
I still haven't won a stage 5 race. I've only tried maybe 3 times. I get 3rd every time. Each time on the 4th lap, somebody blows by me like I'm sitting still. I'm already using the GT40. At the start of the race, I leave them in my dust. I don't handle the corners as well as I should, but on the straights none of the other cars seemingly can hang with me. That is until the 4th lap. Even doing 180+ down the straightaway, I can't gain on the car that passes me. I'm stumped, and a crappy driver too. Usually after I get passed, I get flustrered, and try to cath them. So far in all 3 attempts, I've been passed on the 4th lap, and I spin out on the 5th lap...same place every time. I've finished 3rd every time. After a few more tries I'm moving on to something else. I can't get it. I always check my car before each race to make sure nothing needs repair, and I installed race tires, as they are the only ones that don't slip like mad.

maybe just stick with the GT Concept? are you doing AT or MT?

what i do is dont even think about the cars in front or behind me. just drive like you are the only one on the track, when i do that i go from 3 seconds behind to like 12 seconds ahead in a pretty fast time. there are some suspension changes you can do in your garage, and depending upon what track you are racing on, use either the closed mission for the curvy tracks and high gear kit for the ones with a fair amount of straight aways, try them both, and i am figuring you will be using the AT on these tracks, I do and i do just fine, much easier especially at this speed.

remember dont think of who else is driving with you, think as if you are the only one on the track. works both in this game and in Real life. sounds corny but it is true! try it. hope this helps

Halo Evolved
09-09-2002, 12:29 PM
I have all 3 of the Ford Gt models and the Concept is the best of the bunch. The normal GT (black) has good acceleration but falls short and the GT90 is a joke even when it boasts over 1000HP.

Carnage
09-10-2002, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by Halo Evolved
I have all 3 of the Ford Gt models and the Concept is the best of the bunch. The normal GT (black) has good acceleration but falls short and the GT90 is a joke even when it boasts over 1000HP.

Exactly! that seriously disappointed me.. heh cause its such a gorgeous car.

I race a little differently than you chicken, heh espcially if i know the other cars are faster than me.
If going down a long stretch, i look in my rear view more than the road infront of me. Defensive driving :)
If you see another catching up and trying to pass, cut em off! slam that fool into the wall. lol it makes for a great replay :D

nimm
09-10-2002, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Carnage

If going down a long stretch, i look in my rear view more than the road infront of me. Defensive driving :)
If you see another catching up and trying to pass, cut em off! slam that fool into the wall. lol it makes for a great replay :D

to continue what you said about "defensive driving"--
the AI keeps to its line (more or less) and they will jab you in a side on the turns if you happen to be there with no regard to the damage meter - however they will never rear end you (at least i have never seen it) so on the long straights if other cars are faster - just keeping them in line behind you will preserve your position and not do damage :P

BullitNC
09-10-2002, 09:01 PM
Right after my posts about not winning any 5th stage races, I went and played and won all of them. Then the SS license test stumped me. I finally figured out the trick to getting the SS license and am into the 2nd season now. Is there a 3rd season as well? I've discovered that my best bet is to hang back a lap or so and let the top 5 cars duke it out. Usually 2 or 3 will spin or crash in one of the turns. Once I get behind the lead car, I stay behind him a while. I'm practicing "patience" and it's paying off with the 50% bonus for not scratching your paint. Before my mantra was always to pass them early, and pull away. But this method almost always earned me car damage. Now it's more fun to stalk the lead car (usually a Camaro or NSX) and jump when he falters or slows for turns.

Carnage
09-10-2002, 10:16 PM
theres nothing after season 2. just a lame ending ;)

nemesYs
09-11-2002, 03:09 PM
Ah man.. i was hoping for more.. but thats okay.. now that i took off both the assistants in the game.. and drive in manual.. the game is actually quite challenging!!

Carnage
09-11-2002, 03:58 PM
haha yeah, with the faster, rear wheel cars, its quite easy to spin out on corners